All Comments on 'Myths and Legends - Amazons Ch. 10'

by Ghosted1974

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
James_DuncanJames_Duncan9 months ago

Damn this chapter hotted things up story wise fast.. but all good

dkindigdkindig9 months ago

Great Chapter! Loving the progression, the peek into your world-building, the energy from the conflict and the resulting teamwork. Hope you keep building on this because you've created a great foundation! Thanks!

dunmovynivdunmovyniv9 months ago

Ok, so stick to what you know. Your description of outer space and earths gravity was completely wrong.

Otherwise it was entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

God I love how this is progressing.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Love the Direction you are going!

5 star

A+

Ghosted1974Ghosted19748 months agoAuthor

“Ok, so stick to what you know. Your description of outer space and earths gravity was completely wrong.

Otherwise it was entertaining.”

I’m interested in how I got it completely wrong? From the little bit of research I did, I agree that it might be an incredibly simplistic explanation of the whole, but I wasn’t aware that I’d gotten it completely wrong. I try to be as accurate as I can despite my stories being complete works of fiction. Please feel free to shoot me an email with an explanation or links to source material so I can better familiarize myself with the information!

Thanks an have a great day!

Ghost Dream

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Gravity doesn’t end in space. Satellites don’t stay up because they went up, but because they went sideways.

If you throw something on the ground it’ll go 5 meters say.

If you throw it in a hill it’ll go 15m. Because it’ll go down but when it would have hit the ground, the ground itself has gone down & so it goes further.

Well the Earth is a circle. So if you throw something fast enough that it goes forward and falls down towards the ground, at the same rate the ground falls away from it it’ll keep falling and never hit the ground, because the ground keeps falling away from it.

So low satellites streak across the sky very fast. Higher up satellites look like they are going slower, as they are further up & only need to go at a slower speed to stay up there.

Satellites can’t just be moved around to hover above any point on earth. If you want to stay above 1 spot you need to move up high enough that the speed you need to spin around the Earth is the same speed the Earth rotates, so the same spot stays underneath you.

Otherwise really good story! Really enjoying this series.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGhosted1974@Ghosted1974
636 Followers
I'm just a dirty old man. I’m currently actively writing four stories. I’m uploading in each story a chapter a week until I’ve caught up with where I am in progress. After that, I’ll just have to upload as I finish a chapter, which will take some time as I spend most of my da...