All Comments on 'Natural Selection'

by FreddieTheCamel

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
J_Dollar_BiJ_Dollar_Bialmost 4 years ago

What an amazing writer and what a well told story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Where have you been?

Glad we are here now.

Thanks for the effort.

Greyheaded1Greyheaded1over 3 years ago
Enjoyed this well written story

Great original plot interesting well developed characters. So good I found myself extending the story. You have two LW stories that are not neatly wrapped up. Both had me wanting more and filling in next chapters in my mind.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 3 years ago
One of the best on the site

A wonderful story, I read half one day, and half the next to better savor the story. It is so rare to find characters so realistically drawn, and so...human. I’d encourage a part two, but I’m afraid it would be maudlin. It’s at a good stopping place.

Chilleywilley

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I loved the story, but I feel stupid for not understanding the ending. What's the significance of the girl in the painting having red hair? Besides the obvious fact that it's the same colour as John's? I'm pretty confused.

jocko_smithjocko_smithover 2 years ago

Really enjoyed the story. But the ending baffled me. Especially about the red hair.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveover 2 years ago

Hair is carried by the male genes; in the absence of recessive thingamewatchits a child of his would have likely had red hair…

patilliepatillieover 2 years ago

You can write Freddie! I ahve to say though I dont understand the significance of the red hair?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I could imagine having read this in a collection in Grants. Simply well written. It imust be a bit frustrating that stories that are much less well written get higher scores.

Barst0hBoyBarst0hBoyover 2 years ago

I'm busy here reading your stories. Let me be and don't expect any more comments.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really well written. The reservations about Natalia that John has in a life that has been empty of intimacy, love and sex are emblematic of just how badly modern cultural mores have ruined relationships between the sexes. He let himself go, had unprotected sex with a woman who wanted it, both of them enjoyed it and she got pregnant.

Why wasn't he at least conflicted about the pregnancy? Why didn't he at least consider the idea of staying together with her and perhaps making a life with her? She seems a good person, so what if she is not his soul mate or the 8 or 9 in attractiveness he longs for. She gets it; life is about living and taking chances.

He won't do so and will continue to live a joyless existence, punctuated with seeing his children every other week-end for 2 days. Sad, empty, colorless.

The ending is a bad choice by John; he clearly is going to dump Natalia and go back to drab loneliness. He should have at least had a few more week-ends, see if there was more to build on with Natalia, and stop the overly introspective angst of the Western Upper Middle Class male. I am curious if any other readers suspect that Natalia lied about the miscarriage. Perhaps she decided that she wanted a child and knew that John didn't want any part of it and that he would dump her. Her solution then was going to have the child and raise it on her own, without John even knowing. It seems one plausible thread but who knows? Anyway, excellent writing, provocative story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Superb.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very few stories here cause me to stop, consider and reevaluate. I can’t decide weather be sad or hopeful. If this is an ending or a new beginning. Either way it’s an excellent story. I seldom give 5stars but this deserved them! Thank you, an old curmudgeon

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77over 1 year ago

Very, VERY well written! You really captured the Romanian approach to/philosophy of life 5 stars!

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 1 year ago

This story made me feel sad. Stories in Literotica rarely make me feel emotional but this one did. Such a sad ending for two lonely people. As usual with Mr Camel’s work this yarn has a well crafted plot with excellent writing. What more can I say? 5 stars and added to my favourites. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFreddieTheCamel@FreddieTheCamel
I write both professionally and for fun. The stories and essays I post on this site are for fun. I've also taken the first steps to self-publishing under the name Freddie T Camel, although more as an experiment than an ambition. I want to write stories that have emotional res...