All Comments on 'New Life in a New World Ch. 02'

by johneb87

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Amazing!!!!!!!!

This story is one of the best ones I've read here on Literotica. Well worth the wait, please keep 'em coming!!! AMAZING!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
we have a new number 1 writer on Literotica!

You have been able to weave an amazing story with characters that literally come to life on the page. Well done!

ShadwNinjaXShadwNinjaXalmost 12 years ago
Keep it up!

Doing great work as always and I'm only more than happy to help whenever you need to ask me something or look over a chapter. Now back the burying myself in wrapping up Chapter 12 and knocking out 13 soon after. Support this author like you all have been so kind to me here eve. The force is strong with this one, yes. XD

RisaxRisaxalmost 12 years ago

The second chapter starts of great, with John recalling the last day's experiences, as well as him cleaning his rifle and you answer the question about ammunition I had in the previous chapter.

Then you switch to Radulf's point of view, so we can see what the people of his world think of John's weapons, before he asks John to join him for a conversation.

Once their conversation starts, you answer some important questions, like why Lycans hate Humans, and vice-versa.

As well as an interesting bits and pieces about Radulf's own past, and the treatment of half-lycans. And to be honest, I loved reading about those things.

The rest of the story was no less interesting of course.

Ulfric remains a character you love to hate (read: kick in his furry nutsack) in the way he manipulates Lydia. And Solomon is turning into a really fucked up, bloodthirsty villain. Though I wouldn't mind seeing more of him and Lilith. (nudge, nudge, wink, wink.)

But when the adventure started, damn! I'm not even sure if "adventure" is the correct word. You start with discussing Lydia's and John's relationship, which has become a bit difficult (mostly because of Ulfric.)

But after that, BAM! DRAGONS! AWESOME! We find out that the Lady of the Mountain is in fact a dragon who can transform into a human (or is that the other way around?). Who saw that coming? (Alright, me. but I read too many fantasy stories, and play to many (J)RPGs like Breath of Fire and Dragon Age so I don't count.)

And anyway, speaking of Sasha, she is an instand favorite for me.

She is a witty woman, both in her dragon and human form, and I loved the descriptions of both forms. But I like her human form a bit more, for obvious reasons.

In her cave (which was described in such an outstanding fashion that I almost felt like I was there, so great job!) we also learn more about the prophecy.

Which includes Solomon's past, and maybe even a link between both worlds, we also learn to not to push John too far.

And of course we get to learn more about John's dark, painful past. And I think I'm pretty sure about what caused the death of his parents by now, but I still want more.

The way you handled the relationship between Lydia and John (and later Sasha) is probably the best about the chapter though.

It's painful to read about, but it's probably the most realistic response there is. And you want to keep reading to see if it becomes better.

Anyway, that's all I have to say about it.

I can't wait to see what's in store for John in Chapter 3.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionalmost 12 years ago
Excellent!

Perfect story. Can't wait for the next chapter.

Lien_GellerLien_Gelleralmost 12 years ago
Great stuff!

Firstly, let me start out by saying that this is good. In fact it's very good. It's just that...you know when you find an awesome TV show like Game of Thrones and you see the occasional episode that wasn't quite as stunning as the last one? So you think "Well that was a bit of a disappointment" but then you stop and think about everything else on TV that doesn't even compare to it? Well this gave me that kinda feeling. You started brilliantly. I love the politicking with Ulfric and the characterisation of Radulf. My problem here is that I think that Sasha was introduced a little too early. The outcome of John and Lydia's finale last time is made a bit of a non-event at the start of this one. I can kind of see why you did that and in a way it does work but then his sudden shift to Sasha without much of a care of Lydia makes him come off as a bit of a douche. I dunno if that was your intention but it annoyed me. Ok, he does put up a small argument when they get split up but he's still effectively leaving Lydia in a territory that is soon to be inhabited by a dragon with only the word of ANOTHER dragon to go on. So I guess the character work here seems a bit rushed in favour of advancing the plot. I don't think you laid enough groundwork for it. Oh and after the flirty time with Anya last time I was expecting more from that I guess. Plus, I can't really say why but I just like Lydia and Anya better than Sasha.

I do like the introduction of Solomon and Lilith. They seem to have quite an interesting dysfunctional relationship. Plus, you can never go far wrong with a hot succubus. Your sex scenes are also rather brilliant but (and this may well be just me) I'd tone down the dialogue. You ever watch a movie where a dude looks up into the sky and shouts 'Noooooo!'. (X-Men Origins: Wolverine, X-Men: First Class, Revenge of the Sith.) Yes it's a cliche that's been done to death but it also sounds wrong because in a moment of utter bottom of the gutter, heart wrenching emotional agony...you'd just scream. You wouldn't voice the word 'No' because what would really be the point? I'm mentioning this because the exact opposite is true with sex. Yes, you can be vocal, but if you're coherent enough to form proper eloquent utterances whilst experiencing orgasm then...well...you're doing it wrong. Sure, there's dirty talk and that's fine but when written sometimes porn dialogue can come off as a little corny. I hope I'm making sense here because you do get it right a lot but there are times when it just went a little too far for me. ("John you wonderful man!" Sasha cried out, "You have no idea how wonderful you are making me feel." - Well darlin' you're about to cum all over him so I think he might have an inkling.) Anyway my basic point is show rather than say! Unless it's a more playful or dirty scene and the naughty talk becomes more prevalent.

Anyway, I hope this was helpful. Even if you didn't ask for criticism. Ahem. I just realised that. Oh well! Your story is definitely getting a 5 star rating anyway and I hope to see more soon!

Sparhawk911Sparhawk911almost 12 years ago
fantastic

This story is amazing keep them coming!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
WOW!

A great story thus far! I am eagerly anticipating another chapter. Please don't stop!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
your story

i love your story , and i can;t wait to ready what happens next and how the story comtinues

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

wolf girl > dargon girl other than that really good read

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Don't stop now. Lets keep the chapters coming.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
pff

Lydia was looking for ways to get rid of him so she wouldn't lose support when she took over. She can't say shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
More

More more more soon please

jpettyjpettyalmost 12 years ago
Great story

Your writing is fantastic. I cannot wait for your next chapter. Please keep up the great work. Your character development is very very good and I cannot wait to read more thank you for your story.

johneb87johneb87almost 12 years agoAuthor
Chapter 3

Just finished the initial writing of Chapter 3. I'm hoping to upload it very soon.

cylinderlitcylinderlitover 11 years ago
Glad to see...

that chapter four is already uploaded.

YshomatsuYshomatsuover 11 years ago
Hmm

I have to give this one a 2, you're writing is just so... No, wait that's not meant for you. Haha i gave you another 5, very well done with chapter two. Also glad to see all possitive feedback this time around, you've earned it. Although i wish i got half the feedback on mine (sometimes its nice to know what people didn't like so you can improve instead of justing seeing your ratings continue to go down)

Keep it up! (I will now continue to slowly read your stories to avoid the long wait for chapter 13 of Blaze's story) =P

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Comment from Loves2Spooge

Lydia really had that coming. I mean, she did push him away. Something you could've written to make that last scene perfect would have been him answering Sasha's question with "No, we're not since I never had any place in her future plans." I would've tossed my hands and been like 'AW SHIT, NIGGA!"

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2ualmost 7 years ago
Incomplete after 4 years stop reading

Incomplete after 4 years.

Incomplete stories should be deleted.

Rubbish.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The story's so good i basically skip the sex scenes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Really? You included bad guy sex? It’s different than what is usually in these stories but not something worth reading. Skip it. Who cares about the bad guy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

John is nothing but a child. Then says he wants death but does everything he can to survive. This dude sucks for a hero.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Please tell me John dies soon. POS in every way

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

There are no E4s in the special forces. All are E5 and up.

wheels0132wheels01325 months ago

Intriguing story even though I know it's been abandoned. I couldn't get over how immature and contemporary Sasha the dragoness sounded. She didn't at all come across as a wizened almost thousand year old dragon/Lady of the Mountain, instead she came off as a 20 year old slutty college chick. Took me out of it a bit.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous