All Comments on 'Nicholas's Hope Ch. 01'

by NightGal

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
canndcanndover 13 years ago

I enoyed this alot. I'm surprised the ranger and ambulance people didn't make a bigger deal of an unconscious, almost naked woman though. I think it will be great if you get an editor to catch small errors. I think it was a great first submission. You may have wanted to put ch. 1 in a case where it is to be continued.

Socially_IneptSocially_Ineptover 13 years ago
Nice start.

This was quite nice for a first submission. I look forward to the next installment of this story.

MizTMizTover 13 years ago
WOW

I think this is a fantastic first submission. I know you need an editor so I've taken that into consideration, but even without an editor you appear to be on your way on as an author. You gave us great background on Nicholas, you gave us a mysterious woman (maybe a wolf), and you've started us with a adventure that even the ranger Tom and this as yet unknown man Clint seem to know about. You did a wonderful job with the location descriptions. And whether you were describing the walk Nic took on his sprained ankle or the medical help he provided, I felt I was aware of his every move. Now do you see why I said WOW?

When is the next chapter coming?

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
great

nice beginning to the story.... do continue on. what is the slight problem and what happened to nicks parents

donaldedonaldeover 13 years ago
interesting start

was an interesting start to the story was well written and i very thoroughly enjoyed it

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Very interesting

Why is he so reluctant to tell anyone he found her and that she was naked? Hmm...

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Promising start.

I don't normally comment on these, but I think this story is too good in premise to not make some observations that would cause it to be even stronger. It's not hard to find what kind of trees are common in Washington State...or should I say Western Washington State. Sorry, NightGal, but Eastern Washington, where Spokane is, is desert. (I know. I live about 2 hours from it.) No real forests. Doesn't mean you can't do a realistic setting in Washington State, just that you might want to move your setting to somewhere like Vancouver to get the effect you're going for.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Ummm seriously?

Pervious commentor...every heard of colville national forest? I live in spokane, and if this story is where i think she set it, thats where it is. and spokane isn't a desert. Shall I send you a picture of my back yard?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
To Anon saying that Spokane is a desert:

Deserts are defined as areas with an average annual precipitation of less than 250 millimetres (10 in) per year, or as areas where more water is lost by evapotranspiration than falls as precipitation.

The average annual precipitation in the Spokane area is 17 inches (430 mm). The most precipitation occurs in December, and summer is the driest time of the year.

Just sayin'.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous