All Comments on 'Nick's Quest Pt. 05'

by XceptMe

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Loved it!

To be honest with you, I found this to be the best series I have ever read on literotica. Ending was abit weak but it kept me interested the whole way although I got abit lost with a few characters but thats just me. With your writing style I truly believe you should write more stories, good effort, it was a great journey. I checked everyday hoping for each new part. Hope to see more from you in the future!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
What a shitty story. Fuck much?

Promiscuity and lack of self-respect are boring foundations for a plot. I expect you are familiar only with the lack of self-respect.

XceptMeXceptMealmost 9 years agoAuthor
Thanks!

Thanks Anon-1...your comment makes it all worthwhile. I certainly don't believe it is the best story, and many others would agree with my assessment, but for the most part I wanted the story to just move along and be "complete". Thanks for reading and commenting. Authors really like the feedback.

Thanks Anon-2 for reading and commenting as well. I wish you would post your member name so I could read your offerings and maybe pick up a few pointers. I'm guessing you have written many of the comments I have deleted. Those posts, along with this one I am leaving, were rude.

I'm not sure you are correct about lacking self-respect, but you are correct: I do not "fuck much". A sexless marriage, you could say. But thanks for analyzing me. Since you read it all the way through, I am thinking you did like the story. Even just a little.

My next submission you could probably just skip, but I am thinking you'll be there at the end, giving it a "1" and dumping on my story. If it gives you any consolation, I have been smirked or smiled before I deleted each one. But I give you my word: though I turned off comments on parts 1-4, further submissions I will keep comments open, and will not delete any more of them.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 9 years ago
Enjoyed this!

Enjoyed the rolling chronicles of Nick's wayward ways and the way you tied it all together in the end. Thanks for this one!

XceptMeXceptMealmost 9 years agoAuthor
Thanks

I appreciate the positive feedback arrow. Thanks for reading and commenting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I Was Like That

I engaged in similar shenanigans until I was 38. Been with the same woman 40 years now. No deaths. No Dad involved. No sister. Quite a few lesbians. Sometimes things just work out.

Glad they worked out for Nick.

DominicNicoleDominicNicolealmost 9 years ago
A riveting series.

I stumbled upon Nick's Quest after starting your other series. I was very quickly drawn in and after reading the first chapter very slowly over the course of 2 days, I blazed through the rest late last evening. I think your sex scenes are delightfully visceral and each person feels unique in regards to how they behave in and out of the sack.

But the real reason I was so drawn to this series is because a relationship I had in High School seemed to be very similar to Nick and Leigh's, minus about 80% of the sex of course.

I was curious if this was a total flight of fantasy or if it had a foundation in real events.

The answer to that question would greatly color the following things that stuck out to me:

First, Missy's death seemed to come out of left field and as a result made me feel very sorry both for her, her kids and even Danielle who has to live with the guilt of Missy's fate more so than Rob seems willing to acknowledge. The event was a definite shift in tone that was very jarring but that could just be me.

And, second, perhaps most importantly, given all the little and big lies/omissions that Nick discovered I found it interesting that there was never a more clear cut "final" confrontation between Leigh and Nick or at least some sort of moment where Nick discussed all the slights with someone or at least warning his sister so she doesn't also get hurt. It certainly felt like the arc of the series was leading towards something like that.

Finally, Nick's stance towards a lesbian relationship seemed off to me considering the various exploits Nick takes part in, I understand there is the added context of a former girlfriend hooking up with a sister but as written it seemed like Nick's main beef was that they were gay.

Those things stood out to me not necessarily as negatives but just interesting critical moments. Thanks for all the fine work.

XceptMeXceptMealmost 9 years agoAuthor
Answering DominicNicole

Thanks DominicNicole for reading and commenting. Your points are all valid and well-thought out.

First, to answer your question. All fiction. Not a lick tied to reality (no pun intended).

Addressing each point (which isn’t really explaining anything perhaps).

Missy’s death: Wrote this story long time ago, so not sure what my thoughts were exactly, other than to have a “whoa” moment in the story. She was a tragic character to begin with, in that she was supposedly “good” but even she had her one downfall. And indirectly, her indiscretion led to her own death, in a chain of events sort of thing. Not to say at all that she deserved her demise. In the end, I found the event of her death easier to wrap up all the loose ends. As for Ron and Danielle, I tried to paint them both as villains, where not many would feel sorry for either one by the end. Writing the story and envisioning what the characters look like (one my favorite delights while writing), Danielle was probably my favorite; the one I would most like to see naked. So strange I made her look “bad” by the end.

Final confrontation?: I can definitely see where one could find it hard to see where there was no clear-cut resolution. But I think that Nick and Leigh’s relationship was nothing other than an extended “one-night” stand. There really was no element of love. Their extreme attraction to the other, especially of how Nick viewed Leigh, seemed to cloud the issue of love and commitment. Nick saw all the sex activity as just a phase, where Leigh was using it to find herself and who made her really happy. The fact their 2-month relationship kind of just fizzled really shouldn’t be that surprising, though. The fact Nick did not warn his sister should be a bit startling, though. In hindsight, perhaps Nick did not want to sound like sour grapes by telling his sister some of Leigh’s major flaws.

Nick’s stance on their relationship: Nick was just acknowledging the difficulty they might experience with their relationship going forward. Now again, I started writing this story over 8 years ago. With recent rulings by the SCOTUS and how same-sex couplings including marriage are being accepted, this part of the story is now probably out-dated. However, how Nick viewed an actual lesbian relationship and the sex he and Leigh and others experienced are really mutually exclusive. It is one thing to have group sex, but then when you settle down, as he does with Monica, to put that into the past and chalk it up to one of life’s experiences.

oldmsufanoldmsufanalmost 8 years ago
Glad I hung around

You almost lost me a few times before Part 5. it came together very nicely at the end. Have no idea why Nick put up with the 'love' of his life the way she treated him. Keep writing. I'll continue reading. You got a 5 for Part 5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
great romance story

The path to true love is sometimes complex, and certainly not always rational or logical. More often it is emotional. Such are some of the themes in this great love saga, which would probably have been better classified in the Romance genre, in spite of its length. To place it in the very broad "Novels and Novellas" genre means that it is more likely to be overlooked by readers looking for a great romance saga. This story by the author is a Five Star story from start to finish.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Surprised by the ending but really there was no clue to lead anyone to know a Monica really existed.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous