Night Games Pt. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well, if Gordon and Morris run into her, Gordon's got something for that. And if not, we'll just have to hope there's something more in that safe than what sounds like petty cash she can replace with a trip to the bank. That necklace was a gift from the late Count. Whom she obviously still cares about if she still wears it and named one of her sons after him. Maybe she didn't deliberately fuck him to death like everyone thinks."

"I don't know." Morris disagreed. "You heard about what she did to that phone guy, right?"

"I've heard the rumors about his 'suicide.'" Tracy told him. "And with all the stuff that came out about him after, it sounds like she did the world a favor."

"And" Gordon added. "Nobody knows what ever happened to that general who tried to stage a coup."

"Plus, she put Heinrich Dietz away." Spencer joined the discussion. "Maybe she ain't all bad. I mean, the internet still talks about how she's responsible for that thing that happened in Mentirosa a few months back, but they say a lot of stupid shit."

"The woman's a trillionaire." Tracy pointed out to all of them. "Granted, most of that was the Count's doing, and he was apparently some kind of saint, so that was in motion when she took over. Still, you don't get that kind of money and keep it without being the kind of bastard who has people like us coming."

No one could argue with that.

"She donates a lot." Morris added.

"So does every rich person with a guilty conscience. And whether the rumor about killing the Count is true or not, she's done plenty of other things to have it coming."

They saw that there was no deterring Tracy, so they resumed their preparations.

* * *

The door to the outer sitting area of the guest chambers that the castle staff referred to as the Equals/Bailey Room opened. Helen quietly stepped inside, waving at Susan, who was reading a book next to the crib that held the sleeping princes. At corners of the room, positioned where they could see the door, Susan, and the crib, were the two Ultimados who had been assigned to their protection for the evening. Susan set the book down.

"How're they doing?" Helen asked her.

"They cried going down. I think they know something's going on. How's everyone else?"

"Julie's insisting Troy wear Kevlar for this, so he's being fitted for a vest now. He and Mander were talking Batman when I left. And you're all right in here?"

"Oh, yes." Susan confirmed. "I heard what Julie said about you sticking people on the sidelines earlier and I don't feel that at all. Safeguarding the future of the royal line is not a sideline thing. I feel like I haven't been doing much since I got here. This feels like something."

"On the contrary," Helen contraried. "You helped The Swede open up and you spotted the GPR before we knew it was stolen. You showed that you know how to talk about my associates around cops. And there's no one else all three of us would trust more with the boys while something like this is going on."

That got a smile from Susan. Shortly after the twins were born, Helen was overcome with postpartum depression and ran away from everyone she knew. While Troy and Julie went to Paris to find her, Susan had stayed behind with the children. During that time, Susan prevented a member of the side of La Familia de San Finzione that Helen preferred not to talk about from getting her hooks into the children. Susan had told Lucinda de San Finzione at the time that the twins already have a moral guardian, and she was who Susan was guarding them from. If Helen hadn't trusted Susan before, that would have sealed it.

"You don't show it, Helen, but I know you're concerned about everyone's safety. Well, except yours and Mander's, but Mander gets paid for you to not care about his safety."

"It's hard to find better protection that accepts home improvement store gift cards as payment."

"You seem to be enjoying yourself this time around." Susan pointed out.

"Maybe I am." Helen agreed. "I mean, I know what's at stake with the treaty and all. But trying to outthink another criminal is a refreshing change from evil rich fucks, Nazis, and evil rich fucks again."

"She tasks you and you will have her, huh? Well, remember there's a buyer out there, too. So, we're not done with evil rich fucks. I'm just hoping you can solve this without having to kill anybody."

"I'm hoping I don't have to kill anyone either. But the fact is that this castle is my and Maria's home, which means it's their home." Helen pointed at the sleeping babies. "And also makes it yours and Troy's and Julie's too. And you remember the lengths I went to when someone threatened your home in Seattle."

"I remember you saving us all by flashing your pussy to the media. Maybe facing someone who thinks like you will make you get that creative again. And maybe once, for your birthday, nobody has to die."

Helen twirled her finger around the chain of her emerald pendant. She checked the time. Two hours to go.

"That's entirely up to Sinclair, Walker, and whoever else is coming, Susan. Troy and I will be there to command them into surrendering. But people have found ways around The Thing before. I want them alive, too. But we have to consider the possibility that they won't give us that option."

Susan stood up. Helen crossed the room to her.

"I'm still concerned for you, Helen. You've got Troy, Mander, the Ultimados, Julie, and the Generalissimo with you on this. And I still know you're going to put yourself at risk before any of them."

"It's right there in my job description, Susan: Ruler, Servant, and Defender. This would be the third one."

"Well, remember that you're a criminal too. And that Lying, Cheating, and Stealing are all bullet points on your resume. They're all on Tracy's too, but I know you're better than her. And you've got something she doesn't have."

Susan pulled her close and pressed their lips together.

"You have us, Helen."

Helen thought for a moment.

"Since you all got here, you're the only one of 'us' I haven't had yet, Susan."

Somewhere close by, a grandfather clock struck nine. Susan noted it.

"There's still time to fix that." Susan looked to the Ultimados, then back to Helen. "Think the kids'll be all right with the unstoppable killing machines for a little bit?"

Helen turned to the Ultimados, who both nodded and saluted their Contessa. She allowed Susan to lead her into the bedchamber.

12