Nightshade Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It would have made no difference if I had opposed it. Besides, he is obviously not as good as he once was or he would have succeeded at doing more than killing nameless knights," Zaarghast replied in his defense.

"You are supposed to be my ally!" Seridian stated hotly.

"I am still your ally, Seridian. I am just saying that next time you should form a better plan when risking a warrior of great merit," Zaarghast said.

Several days later, word arrived at Nightshade Manor that war between the Great Houses had been declared after House Zaarghast invaded the realm of House Nacros. The message was delivered to Aurora, who had been sharing her bed with Crystal the last several days. They learned that Ravenshadow was in the field with House Nightshade's army as he anticipated another attack to come soon. He was also prepared to lead them in support of his allies should the attack come elsewhere.

"What happens now?" Crystal asked.

"I'm not sure. To be honest, I don't really understand how any of this part works," Aurora confessed.

"What can we do then?"

"There isn't much to do but wait for the reports to come in every few days. I doubt very much that the war will reach our front door though. The best thing to do is just spend the time with each other," Aurora said.

Crystal smiled and nodded her agreement but was secretly ill at ease. Her love was out there somewhere about to fight in a war that could last a long time. She was worried about him; that she would never see him again. That she might somehow lose him. She figured that Aurora's activities might be able to keep her mind off of things so she suggested a visit to see some of the Elves.

To be continued...

As always, please leave your comments below. I am curious to see how fans of this series react to the events of this chapter.

12