All Comments on 'No Apologies Ch. 02'

by ThomX

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
There are those who consider the BIBLE to be......

....condensed Porno. It sure is filled with every form of sex including incest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
I hate evangelists like that

With their "holier than thou" attitudes. Bunch of hypocrites, the lot of them.

Agree with your points almost entirely. Sex is fun, friendly exercise that is a good way for two (or more, if you swing that way) people to get to know each other better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
If you want to make your points

about porn being necessary to your life do so. If you want a Christian friend to make their point, invite them in. Don't bother with a one sided debate where you make all the rules and points. Ask you mama if she wnats you to set the V chip so that she is not tempted by r rated movies on HBO.

Me, I don't believe you have ot be a hermit in a cave to watch or not watch a diversity of programs on Showtime. And yes I read porn, that is how I read your crying out against the hypocritieses. Fortunately, since you are perfect you are in a position to judge everyone else, particularly family.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Give mom the silent treatment

Tell her that you wish to assist in her redemption and will no longer sully her house, or her mind by refusing to talk to or visit her again. Sooner or later she will stfu.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Bleh

'That is, until I remembered how her and my father used to take me WHEN I WAS A KID'

In ENGLISH, that would be 'she and my father', not 'her and my father'.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Apparently didn't read the essay.

In response to the person who posted that the author was having a one-sided debate with their mother and who clearly felt themselves perfect and worthy enough to judge others, in particular family, they apparently DIDN'T read the essay since it was quite clear that it was the author's MOTHER who was having the one-sided debate with her son and the rest of it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Why not...

...stop having this futile debate with your mother and give her a good fucking until she gives up on that Christian crap?

gregorymgregorymalmost 18 years ago
Excellent Essay

You made many excellent points. A note about the comments on the "one-sided debate" - That's just ridiculous. That's what essays are supposed to be (unless you are doing a compare and contrast). You are trying to prove a single point, and you supported with not only your own thoughts and feelings, but legitimate evidence. Everyone who is saying that you are giving out a one-sided debate is being ridiculous, because that is exactly what an essay is.

While I'm lucky to not be in a family that is indeed as religious as yours, and I don't have that many friends that are "high horse religious" either, but I truly understand your concept about people who call themselves "Christians." It's true that people who say that you are sinner and disown you or try to force you into their beliefs are being more rude than you are and are indeed hypocrites. I've always felt that people who are "Christians," and spend more time complaining and condeming people who are not in their loop, are more evil than a person who just isn't all that religious. It's ridiculous and complete hypocrisy.

Your mother is a bit of a hypocrite. She asks that you respect her beliefs, yet she doesn't respect yours. Another edge to the "Christian" aspect.

You are arguing something that I've always felt strongly about. Porn is indeed what Hustler says, "It's just sex." Those who generally have a problem with it are indeed sexually insecure. Heh, the Americans: We're the "most free" nation in the world yet we are so conservative about EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING is evil these days.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous