No Pressure Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"And to whom would I call out?" Kelsey asked. "Myself?"

Beckett just shrugged and nodded.

"I have to work, at least for a few hours. I owe a client a draft by tomorrow morning and it's almost done but I need to give it a really thorough read-through," Kelsey explained, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Let me make you breakfast," Beckett said, pushing an errant strand of hair behind Kelsey's ear. "Where did you plan to work from? I'll clear my junk out of your way."

"I was thinking maybe the table that faces the garden if that's okay?" Kelsey asked.

"Best seat in the house. And it's already clear, so no work for me," Beckett said as they kissed Kelsey's forehead, then jumped out of bed with more energy than was appropriate for a Monday morning.

"I could get used to this, you know," Kelsey yelled as Beckett left the room and started down the steps.

"You say that every time. And, again, that's the idea, babe."


The rest of Beckett and Kelsey's week together was not particularly out of the ordinary in that there was nothing particularly different about the week, other than being able to spend it together. Kelsey worked her normal nine to five schedule, even when Beckett had the day off. In the evening, one or both of them cooked dinner and they spent the night watching TV, reading, talking, and playing video games. Beckett was going to skip a happy hour with their team on Thursday, but Kelsey insisted that they both go so she could meet a few of their teammates more intimately than she had the opportunity to at the party.

The night out did end up making for a cranky Kelsey on Friday and she almost had an outburst when she got an email from one of her clients saying that she'd made several errors in the proposal she'd sent to them earlier in the week. But she'd managed to remember the steps her therapist had taught her during their Wednesday video session and worked through it. Beckett didn't mention it to her at the time, but they later told her that they noticed that she'd handled it well and they were proud of her.

The old Kelsey might have been offended by that, but the new Kelsey understood herself a lot better. Even after only four short months with Beckett in her life, they were helping her become a better person. She knew she always had a good heart, but her mind sometimes made her act in ways that she didn't like and were embarrassing to her. But now she had Beckett and the thought of letting them down kept her grounded when she started to feel like she was spiraling.

A future with Beckett seemed like the only option. At least, the only option that Kelsey wanted.


There is one more part to this story, but I am submitting it at the same time as this part. Hopefully that means Part 5 will be available at the same time, but if it is not, please check back soon.

Please keep sharing your feedback so I can continue to improve my work and make for a better reading experience for you all!