No Shit There I Was

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Would you call a twenty too much of a tip for breakfast? Or would you call it bait?

If she showed up on site and I got to find out what she would look like in something less beige and checkerboard. It would be money well spent.

I drove back to the site and stopped by the tent long enough to unload the propane tank and supplies. Someone had, of course, pulled in where I was parked. So I had to drive even further away to get a new spot. I swear it's going to get to the point I could drive down, unload, and drive eight hours back home and be parked closer.

I walked past the horses and the greyhound pens on the way. I stopped long enough to pet the dogs and give them all a snack. Milk Bones, which I was carrying for just that reason. Skinny things need some fattening up. The horses came over to the side of the fence as I walked by. I saw one of their owners currying a tall appaloosa. I leaned over on the rail and gave a small wolf whistle. She looked back at me and grinned. Coming over she gave me a kiss that held memories. We talked for a bit then I headed back to merchants row and let her get back to her horse.

I was laying down taking a nap just before dark when Kat woke me.

"Hey, Jak!"

Popping open my eyes, I looked to see what was on fire.

"There's a guy from troll here."

I crawled out of bed slipping my feet into my low boots. Going outside, I saw a guy looking over the blades. And Kathrin of course.

"Jak o' the Blade?"

"That's me," I told him rubbing at my face.

"There is a lady named-" He looked down at the piece of paper in his hand. "Dawn Williams, at troll says she's a guest of yours."

I smiled and nodded. "I'll be right there."

He took off.

"Your waitress?' Kat asked with a grin at me.

"Dawn was the name I saw on her name tag." I went to get my wallet.

"You have in mind waking up at the crack of -"

I stuck my head back out the partition. "Don't say it please," I told her rolling my eyes and looking disgusted.

She laughed that throaty laugh. "-Dawn?"

I groaned. Shaking my head I headed out the tent, made it twenty steps then turned around and went back.

"She's about your size. Don't you have a blue skirt and bodice?" I asked her looking towards the back of the tent.

Kathrin nodded. "I can pull it out."

"Don't know if she will get into garb, but we can see." I shrugged.

"You just want to see her in a bodice." Kat grinned at me.

Shrugging, no point in denying it, I headed for troll.

** ** ** ** ** ** **

I found Dawn standing there talking to a lady in a gorgeous full Elizabethan dress. I came up to her smiling.

"I am so glad you decided to come."

She smiled back at me "Well, it sounded interesting. Y'all seem to be having a lot of people come here every year so there must be something to all this."

"Since she's just day tripping she can use the near lot." The lady at troll told me as I paid. I thanked her and showed Dawn where to park her car.

Walking beside her, I lead the way back into camp. I let her look at all the various stalls that run down the merchant's row. She seemed really interested in all the stuff. She looked at some of the clothes at one tent. The two ladies there know me through Kat. They smiled and welcome us both in. They started showing her different things while pointing out what they would look like on the passersby.

She asked me a ton of questions between there and my tent. When she saw Kat, at first, she went all quite like. My wife can have that effect at times. It's the muscles and the henna and the braid and the leather. Hell, it's all of her!

Kat came over and gave Dawn a hug, which seems to startle her a bit more but them Kathrin turned on the charm. "So you're from around here. I wish sometimes we lived closer. I love this area. It's so beautiful here every spring."

Dawn smiled. "I grew up just down the road a bit."

I watched her as she and Kat were soon chatting like old friends. She had taken off the hat and brushed out her hair. It was shorter than I normally like, but it seemed to fit her face maybe better than long hair would. The red tones I'm sure came from a bottle. Her neck was slim and without the apron her shirt alone could not hide her breasts. Not large, but not small either. The nice curves of her hips drew my eyes easily. If anything her legs may have been a little short for her body.

I smiled as Kat led her into the back of our tent. When Kat came back out after a few seconds I lifted an eyebrow. She came over to me and talked in a low whisper.

"She's the shy type. Not sure you're going to get anywhere with this Jak."

I shrugged

"Not really trying too hard to get anywhere. Wouldn't mind if something were to happen, but I'll be happy just with her company."

Kat smiled and shrugged

"Well," she said softly" if all else fails, mead's not called panty remover for nothing."

I chuckled and grinned at my lady. I looked up as Dawn stuck her head out the partition flap.

"How do I get the vest thing tied?" she asked.

Kat turned and smiling went back into the back of the tent. "I'll show you. It takes a bit of work the first few times you do it."

They disappeared behind the partition

She looked very good in garb. Though she seems to be a bit self-conscience about the top. It was low enough down to show the splattering of freckles across her breast. Like I said very good.

Kat stayed to watch the shop while Dawn and I went for a walk around site. I think the sheer size of it may have been a bit overwhelming. We stopped and talked at a few encampments with people I know. Most came up and gave me a hug and her by proxy.

We were just leaving the Trimaris Camp where someone had been bragging about their mead being better than mine. I told him on the whole site there was only one equal to mine that I had tasted. I tried his. It wasn't bad, but nowhere near what Raven's or mine is. I offered Dawn my cup after I took the sip.

"What is it?" she asked giving it a sniff.

"Mead. Wine made from honey. Very old drink, that was once more popular than wine, or beer. It was what the nobility drank."

She gave a sip and then a little bigger sip. She made a strange face. "It doesn't taste like wine."

I smiled. "No, it has its own unique taste. You like?" I took back the cup and finished off the last drop. I hung the small metal and leather cup from my belt.

"It's ... okay."

I chuckled. "Can you remember your first taste of beer?"

She nodded "Yeah, I spit it out. Made from honey I would have thought it would be sweeter."

"The yeast eats up all the sugars in the honey to make the alcohol. Plus this one is pretty dry." We started walking together back towards merchant's row, but I wasn't headed for my tent yet. I could smell dinner cooking in several encampments. "Hungry?"

She nodded a little.

I lead us down too where the site owner has a small restaurant going. I grabbed us both a plate and went to one of the benches. Sitting across from her I saw her tug up the white top. I smiled. "Little too revealing for you?"

She blushed. She laid a hand across her cleavage.

"You look wonderful."

She looked up at me. "I feel a bit silly really. Like its Halloween."

"I did once as well. Now, what I'm wearing is by far more comfortable than regular clothes." I took a sip of my drink.

"Well, it makes you look like something off the cover of a romance novel."

I laughed and struck a Fabio pose. She giggled and went back to eating. I was just finishing up when I heard her gasp. I looked up and over to where she was looking.

A guy, almost as toned as I am, wearing boots and a loincloth. Just boots and a loin cloth. I looked back to see she was staring appreciatively at him.

"Him Tarzan...you Jane?"

She laughed, the blushed all the way down to the top of her breasts.

Finishing our food I put the plates away. When she started to get up I waved her back down.

"Sit, relax. You've been on your feet all day, and then walked all over camp." I smiled at her. "One of our first rules here is to relax. There's not a clock here you have to be watching. No phone ringing off the hook. No worries about bills or anything else till the drive home. Just relax."

I saw the idea of that settle over her like a warm cloak. She gave me a smile.

With her eyes on mine, I slowly looked down to the v of her cleavage. The bodice had her breasts pushed up till they looked a size bigger that they were. When I brought my eyes back up she was blushing scarlet.

"You look absolutely stunning in that."

She looked away from my eyes still blushing, but I could tell she was flattered.

I felt a hand at the back of my head catch my braid. I leaned back when it pulled bending my head over backward till I saw Miranda's pretty face.

"Yes, love?" I asked.

She smiled and leaning down gave me a peck of a kiss.

"Is Kathrin at your tent?" she asked me still hovering just over my upturned face.

"Well, since I'm here I would hope she is. Otherwise, where not making money." She turned me loose and I turned to look at her. "Why, what did you have in mind?"

"One of the dancers from our camp wanted to meet her. Before the rain came down she said she saw Kathrin do something she wants to learn how to do." Miranda looked over at Dawn and gave her a smile.

"Why Kathrin? I'm perfectly willing to give her any instruction in hip wiggling she would like to learn." I grinned.

Miranda giggled and learning in gave me a long kiss.

"I bet you would, you fiend. I'll go see if Kat can come to our camp later." She started to walk away.

"Hey!"

She turned back.

I pulled a five from my belt pouch. "Take her some dinner if you would."

"Sure." She took the money and headed over to what the plates were being filled. I saw her get a white foam to-go box. She came back by as she headed towards camp. I waved off her offer of the change.

"They didn't have anything good looking for desert. I may have to find her something sweet to eat."

I chuckled and swatted her behind through the gauzy pants she wore. She gave a slight yelp with a shudder of pleasure. She wiggled her hip.

"Oh, do that again Jak."

I shook my head. "Take Kat her food before it gets cold. Tell her just to close up shop. I'll reopen when I get back."

"Okay."

She went off with a bounce of curls and a jingle of her coin belts.

I looked back at Dawn. She was looking at me funny. "What?"

"You said you're married to Kathrin right?"

"That's right. It's called a handfasting, but it's about the same thing. It's the old word and meaning for marriage. Why?" I asked, though I had an idea.

"Well, you've been flirting with me a bit. And that girl there you just kissed. Wouldn't Kathrin be jealous? She looked strong enough to do even you an injury if she got mad."

"Oh, she could indeed. When we're in armor she is by far the more dangerous of the two of us. And she has the worst temper. But jealous? No. You see to be jealous means you think someone is going to take something away from you. This implies ownership. I don't own Kathrin, nor her me. We are two adults sharing our lives with each other. Why would one of us not want the other to have all the fun that they can have in life."

"I ... don't know if I could live like that. Knowing I could be cheated on at will and be expected not to get mad." She frowned.

"I may be explaining it wrong. Let's try this. You said to be cheated on? How can it be cheating if you know he's doing it and you told him it's alright?"

"Why would I tell him it's alright?"

"Maybe because you want him to be happy. You want him to have a good time and also having the knowledge he's not going behind your back doing something. He's not lying to you about what he's doing. You also have to consider it's a two-sided coin." I smiled at her then.

She blushed slightly.

"But what about love? Can you really say you love her when you're out sleeping around?" She asked me with a tilt of her head

"Ah, but now that's two different things. Love and sex. Usually, one goes with the other. Generally, you have to have at least some feelings for someone to want to have sex with them right?" She nodded. "Even if that feeling is just lust. Like for Tarzan boy."

She blushed again.

"I love Kathrin. I would do anything for her. No exceptions. If she were in a burning building I would run in and not come out without her. Now Miranda you just saw. I care about her. That means I wouldn't want to see her hurt. But that's not nearly the same thing now is it?"

Dawn sat silent for a second then nodded.

"Kathrin and I have been together for a long time now. I never want to not be with her, till I take my last breath. In our time together I have been with some very beautiful women. Maybe not always on the outside, but always beautiful on the inside. Kat has been with some very nice men. Some would follow her around the site like a puppy if she let them. And when all is said and done, and our lives are spent it will be her I'm with. To my last breath."

She sat quite. When she looked up at me her eyes were sad.

"What's the matter?" I asked softly.

"I want to be loved like that."

I nodded. "I think we all do. I think we all need to find that kind of love. I also think it's hunting for that kind of love that makes us end up with the wrong person at times. I've seen that side of it as well."

She nodded.

"So, is this openness a part of the group here?" she asked me looking around.

I laughed.

"Gods, no. There are some seriously jealous people here on the site. They will go apeshit if you look at their spouse for too long. On the whole, though, we are a pretty laid back group of people. Life is too short to waste it feeling miserable."

"How old are you?" she asked looking at my eyes.

It was an unusual question and it came out the blue like that.

"I'm thirty," I said.

"You're very wise for so young a man."

I chuckled and shook my head "Vino veritas. Thou I've only had a sip today."

She smiled at me blinking. "What?"

"In wine there is truth. I'm not wise; I've just drunk enough wine to know the truth."

She giggled.

We got up and headed back to my tent. I opened shop and together we sat talking to each other and to the people who came by to look, or buy. As night came on I lit the lanterns. I let her try a sip of my mead and she said it was so much better. We listened to the sounds of the site as the parties started up around us. I saw several fighters in armor go walking past. There was a torch lit battle in the ravine tonight.

I could have gone, but I general pass on insanity.

"I probably need to be going," she said when it had gotten quite." I have to get some sleep. I start at seven in the morning."

I nodded.

She headed into the back and changed back into her uniform. When she came back out she looked so much different.

"I'll walk you to your car," I told her.

Getting up I turned off all, but the battery lantern. I closed the front of the tent. Using the flashlight that hangs from my belt. I guided her steps out to the parking lot across from troll. We stopped by her car.

"I had an interesting time," she told me smiling.

Reaching into my belt pouch, I pulled out a small glass bottle and handed it to her.

"My mead. For when you're not driving home."

"Well ... thank you."

I smiled.

"When do you have a day off?" I asked her.

"I'm off Thursday at lunch to Saturday afternoon. Why?" she was playing with her car keys.

"You could come back if you like," I told her with a slight smile.

"You would have to pay for me to be here, though. I really don't have much money to spend on anything after the bills are paid."

"I already paid for your site fee till Sunday morning." A little white lie that I would make true on my way back to camp. "Just hang onto that site token and show it at the door."

"You shouldn't have done that." She looked down at her keys. "Thank you, Michel."

My lips split into a grin. "I told you I won't answer to that here."

She smiled and shook her head.

"Sorry, Jak then. Both names are you, though." She said with a slight laugh.

I shook my head. "Not really."

She looked puzzled "How are they different?"

I reached down and caught the door handle.

"Well, Michael would wish you a safe trip home. And then wave as you drove away." I told her holding the door open a few inches.

"And Jak?"

I shut the car door hard, startling her. I caught her by her short hair and my lips drove into hers as she went back against the side of the car. I held her to me in my strong arms as she at first struggled then began to slowly kiss me back. I left her mouth kissing down the side of her chin to the side of her neck. One of my hands came around and caught hers. I placed her hand on the growing bulge in my leather pants. Letting go, I caught one of her breasts and squeezed it softly as I nibbled at the side of her neck just under her ear. I whispered.

"Jak would do his best to get you not to go. To stay the night." I came around quick till I was looking her straight in the eyes. She looked back at me her breath quick, a near pant. "To warm my bed and fill it with your moans."

Dawn leaned in and kissed me hard. Her hand on my crotch gave a slight squeeze. Then she pulled away. She leaned her head against my chest. She brought up her hand and held onto me by my vest.

"I ... I really need to go."

Stepping back, a bit I lifted her face with my finger. "Till we meet again then, beautiful lady." Leaning in, I placed a light kiss on her lips. Then, catching a hand, I lifted it to my lips and kissed the fingertips. I turned and walked away without a backward glance. I heard her car start and its lights lit my back till I passed troll.

I was sleeping lightly when Kathrin crawled into bed. Her body naked next to mine under the furs. "Where's the little waitress?"

"She had to go to work early in the morning." I rolled over and kissed Kat I could smell another woman on her face. Her return kiss was all soft and sleepy heat. "I see you had fun. Did you teach her how to move her hips?" I asked caressing her face.

"Oh, she already knew how to do that she just needed a little help with a few things she was doing a little off time."

I leaned down and kissed her nipple softly. She moaned and held my head. I turned my face against her bare chest and hugged her tight to me.

"You okay, Jak?" she asked brushing my hair away from my face.

"Yeah," I told her. I moved up and snuggled her down into my chest. She curled up next to me and was very quickly asleep.

"Yeah, Jak is fine."

I lay long into the night listening to the sounds of war.

** ** ** ** ** ** **

Tuesday

Woke up Tuesday morning to find out that my wife had volunteered me to teach a bladesmithing class, at the period encampment down at the end of king's highway. I do so love it when she goes out of her way to show me she can get me off my ass to go do something.

"You could teach that class as well as I could," I told her getting my stuff out the back of the tent.

"No, I couldn't. A class full of young men will not be looking at what I'm trying to teach them." Kat placed her hands under her breasts and lifted them.

Okay, she has a point. Two of them in fact.

Shouldering my tool bag, I headed off down the road after giving her a quick kiss.

There were about twenty people in the class at the start but that grew as people came by and saw what we were doing. The other smith there, Dean, was a true blacksmith. He makes things like tools, gate latches. Dean said he can even do horseshoes so long as they don't have to go on a horse.

For a camp that's supposed to be as close to authentic as possible, they need to work on their forge. This one is way too modern.