No Way Back

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Back when I made that horrible choice in Miami to betray my husband, I thought that no one would get hurt, but the truth is that everyone got hurt. Craig Miller and I deserved everything that happened to us, but Chris never deserved any of it.

I guess if there's any justice in this world it would be that Chris was able to overcome his pain and build a successful writing career and an incredible family. I won't lie and tell you that I'm not just a bit jealous of what he has, because he's living the life we dreamed about from the time we were fifteen years old until I screwed everything up.

As for the two adulterers, we got exactly what we deserved. Craig Miller never performed surgery again after punching Chris at that party. He had multiple surgeries on his broken hand, but he never got the mobility back that he needed to safely operate on patients. He continued to work in his cardiology practice, but he was relegated to diagnostic work while one of his partners handled surgeries for his patients.

Then there's me. On the one hand, my affair led to a much-needed change of careers and I have been happy teaching high school biology for the past ten years. But my personal life has been a mess. I guess Chris got his wish from that day our divorce was finalized. I sabotaged most of the long-term relationships I've had over the years. The one I didn't ruin, my then fiancé ruined when I caught him cheating.

I run into Chris and Holly at the beach occasionally and we still hang out some. But it's ironic, back in college Holly was in love with Chris but he made it clear that he was only interested in me. Now, I'm still in love with him, but Chris continually makes it clear that the only woman he's interested in is Holly.

Sometimes we all come to a crossroad in our lives where we have to make a choice. I wish I had been more careful when I came to that crossroad in Miami. But at the time, I didn't understand that once you make your choice and head down a road that you have no business on that sometimes there's no way back.