No Way Out

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It sort of made sense when I dissected the whole sorry shit fight, medication has general side effects and in some rare cases severe ones, we got the short end of the stick.

It took me a long four months to work through all the ups and downs and in the end it was the end. Linda and I had diverged at the trail head, we were too far apart now to even contemplate. I did not get angry and want my pound of flesh. I was sad, not depressed, just sad. We had both lost out big time. It was too early to see if my daughters and I would bond again but believing that time can heal am hopeful. Helen offered to get out of my hair, somehow though I prefer her as a house mate. Cooking for two is always easier than for one. She's given up drinking for the time being and asked me to help her get fit. Well, I suggested she join a gym to start and we'd go together before I took her out running, she now has a half marathon target for twelve months' time. I don't have the heart to tell her I don't compete in those things, I run for my own enjoyment not set distances.

At years end, the doorbell rang that was just a few minutes ago, without looking I opened it. Zara launched herself at me wrapping me in a bear hug, while her face was buried in my neck I distinctly heard her say, "please forgive me dad."

What's to forgive?.... Nothing when the children come home!

Fin.

[Here's hoping some of this made sense to you all, even though it's a forgone conclusion it will get slated, oh well so be it.

12