Not Really My Best Friend!!

Story Info
When your best friend betrays...
1.2k words
3.66
2.1k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

For as long as I could remember, I had always been somewhat of a loner.

I couldn't say I had any close friends. Those people I knew were really just humans who I interacted with on a regular basis.

There was however one guy who seemed to take me under his wing. His name is Jack and we work together as car detailers. Jack had been working there for 6 years when I started and thought he was a player. The company that employs us, also employ 6 women, mostly as eye-candy. Jack and I were around for the heavy lifting that was required on occasion.

I had no illusions that I was gifted as an academic, so after I completed high school, I found myself a position as a cleaner in the local shopping center. This worked well with my OCD, as I had been a 'neat freak' all my life. The pay was what you might call poor, but as I still lived with my parents, it was more than enough for me.

After about 3 years, I started to become restless. I was getting bored with just going from one end of the center to the other, over and over again. As I was perusing the local notice board in the shopping center one day, I spotted a card that advertised a position for a car detailer. No experience was needed as training was provided, but a good eye for detail was a must have. So I applied.

At the interview, the company owner asked about my reasons for applying and I explained how I was bored with my current position and I wanted some variety. When he realized I was the cleaner at the shopping center, he commented about how he noticed just how clean the center always looked. He said I could start in 2 weeks.

I enjoyed the varied work that came with all the different vehicles we cleaned. I tended to hang around with Jack, mostly because all women intimidated me. I could never get comfortable enough with them to even hold a conversation of more than a dozen or so words. So I guess by default, Jack became my best friend. Probably only friend.

After I worked there for 2 years, I had received 3 pay rises. I was now making enough money to apply for a loan to purchase my own home. The money I had saved over the past 5 years more than covered the down payment.

About 8 months after I moved into my home, I arose one morning to find a stray dog curled up at my back door. He looked like he hadn't eaten for a week, so I gave him some water and some sausage I had, then took him to the local vet. There was no microchip, so I decided then and there to adopt him. I named him Fred.

After 3 days, I brought Fred home and we bonded with each other. He and I became best of mates. Every day after work I would take Fred for a walk around the dog park at the end of my street. This activity lead to me meeting the woman I would marry.

Jill walked around the dog park every day, even though she didn't own a dog. She seemed to piquet Freds' interest, because he started to follow her. After 2 weeks, Fred bailed her up one day and wouldn't let her pass. He didn't act menacing, but when she tried to go in a different direction, he would move and stand in front of her.

When I saw what was happening, I ran to grab hold of Fred and apologize for his behavior. I have no idea how we managed to go to dinner that night. I was always terrified of talking to women, let alone asking one of them out.

The next day at work, I asked Jack for some advice about how I should proceed with forming a relationship with Jill. Luckily for me, one of the girls overheard me and dragged me away from Jack toward the other women. Also luckily for me, I listened to them...

I must have done something right, because 7 months later, Jill and I were wed. She seemed to understand me better than even I did. She was more than happy to let me clean at home. We did socialize with her and my work colleagues on occasion. I did try to divert Jack away from her at times because he flirted with her with no shame. She assured me I had nothing to worry about. I mostly believed her. OK, I was a bit jealous but tried not to show it.

Fast forward 4 years. I was now the manager of 3 detailing outlets of our company. The owner had expanded with 11 outlets around the state. We still had the original crew working at the first outlet. I helped out where I was needed. I now worked longer hours, but the increase in pay was substantial.

Jill jokingly complained that she now had to do some of the cleaning around the house. Her and Fred still walked around the dog park every afternoon, as I was usually late coming home. I did get to walk Fred at the weekend though.

Jack called me and asked for some time off due to a family emergency and I told him to take as long as he needed. We are still good friends, even though I was promoted over him. He didn't seem bothered by it. As it was very rare for him to miss any time at work, I had no problem with it.

On Jacks' 3rd day off, work was unusually quiet, so I decided to clock off early and surprise Jill and take her to dinner. I told the girls at work what I was doing and they gave me some tips of where to go.

As I drove along my street, I noticed an unfamiliar car parked in front of my home. I quietly parked on my driveway and entered through the front door. As soon as I entered, I could hear Jill in the throws of passion.

I knew in that instant my marriage was over. But I would not go down without a fight. I silently moved to the bedroom door that was slightly ajar. I could see them both on the bed. He was thrusting into her, over and over again.

I couldn't believe they would both betray me this way. Jill and I had plans for a family. We wanted 4 kids, two of each would be perfect, but as long as they were healthy we would be happy with that. Now that was all gone.

And him. After all these years, this is how he repays my loyalty? I should have stayed a loner. In that instant something inside of me snapped. I had always been quiet and unassuming...until then.

I kicked the door open and screamed something unintelligible. I took three steps to the bed and lashed out with my boot where it connected with his side. I heard at least two ribs crack and he slid off the bed to the floor, where he stayed, just looking at me, whimpering in pain.

Jill jumped off the bed and cowered in the corner, still naked. I walked to her and yelled at her to get dressed and be the fuck out of my house by the time I got back. Then I went to the other side of the bed, bent down and stared into his eyes and said

"BAD BOY!!....BAD BOY!!"