All Comments on 'Not Such a Little Girl'

by ShortieJen

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

FYI (as in, no this didn't affect the rating. it's just meant as advice.)

.

Usually, using something such as

Father:

to change the POV is good -- when you're writing in 1st Person.

.

You're not. This is 3rd Person. (Technically, it's 3rd Person Omniscient, which means the narrator knows EVERYTHING, including what each character is thinking and feeling.) The narrator's pronouns use takes care of the transitions.

.

Does your format hurt the story. Normally, no. The problem is you used it too much, as in very often every other paragraph. You're format is a hard, abrupt transition and a pronoun change (again, as long as this is 3rd person) is a softer, smoother transition.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

POV changes every single paragraph? Learn how to write 3rd person, ffs.

OmegaEntertainmentOmegaEntertainmentover 1 year ago

the constant swapping and listing the pov was distracting, so much it was nearly impossible to read.

ShortieJenShortieJenover 1 year agoAuthor

Honestly, I think you misunderstand POV with narrative where the style is meant to be intentionally loose.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"I think you misunderstand POV with narrative where the style is meant to be intentionally loose."

.

Was this supposed to make sense? If so, you failed. It's just gibberish to mask that you have no idea what you are talking about.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Go back to grammar school and this time pay attention to your English teacher.

LordDeanLordDeanover 1 year ago

Regardless of what those picky comments were, I love this story. I found it arousing to quickly read each other's points of view.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userShortieJen@ShortieJen
Hey, I am back. I am submitting slower, having a friend help me with edits. thanks.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES