All Comments on 'Now That I Think About It'

by moreandmore

Sort by:
  • 111 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sad ending. A life chosen by default, a choice imposed by illness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well told, but weird story.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 1 year ago

I find this story very touching. Very sad for the main protagonist but he has made the most of a bad situation and his wife is doing her best to redeem herself.

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 1 year ago

Loved the joke. As far as the story goes, excellent technically. Unfortunately he has to depend on her, and it is due to her own actions - diverted attention when driving. Nancy has a ton of guilt - both from her affair and causing her husband's injuries. I'm not sure how this will play out in the long run - He should have resentment towards her for the affair and causing him harm, and she may well be crushed by her guilt. I guess I hope her gets well enough to take care of himself, where he can go back to work and then he has the option of leaving her, or at least getting a post-nup agreement - that is assuming she doesn't crack under the pressure.

jazzharpjazzharpover 1 year ago

Thank you for another great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The story jumps around like he knew that she had cheated. Then later it became apparent. It should have been re-written in a more logical sequence to fully understand. Hooray for the cat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Guess when you look at it from a distance, he traded in his man card to become a crazy cat lady.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Interesting story! Actress Marilu Henner has hyperthymesia.

5

HighpikeHighpikeover 1 year ago

Loved it. It was original and crafted brilliantly. You built the interplay between the characters beautifully and Vincent was a star touch. Thank you G

PowersworderPowersworderover 1 year ago

What a bleak and depressing story.

His stupid wife cripples him, and leaves him with life-changing injuries because of her obsession with the phone.

Then he finds out he's married to a slut, but he can't get a divorce because he's too dependent on her after she destroyed his health.

These are the kind of events murder/suicides are made of.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story. It serves her right to have to take care of him: she was driving and messing with the phone so it's her fault. She cheated for several months earlier in their marriage and now has to admit to it, because he remembers everything and figured it out.

.

No problem with the reconciliation. She seems honest about her guilt and shame, she's taking care of him and trying to be the best wife possible. It's impossible to "make it up to him" for her betrayal, but she's giving it all she's got, she's really trying. I hope they make it. (Yes, I know it's just a story) Thanks for posting, 5 stars.

avidfaavidfaover 1 year ago
Five stars just for the joke!

The rest of the story was odd to match the MC's thought patterns. It was unique, unexpected, and interesting. Well written. I'm good with familiar story lines, but I certainly do give you full props for such an unusual story.

If you think about it, one takeaway from the story is that he stayed with her because his brain was scrambled, from which we can infer that this is the necessary condition to explain staying with someone like that.

And, I am very suspicious about that being her first and only time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Quite unique story. Having to live with a cheating wife -whose carelessness driving triggered the accident and his Hyperthymesis- because she is just the better option he has now in his life. Wouldn't be nice to suffocate her slowly by estrangulation until she ceases to exist? Not much of a loss, except for the kids. Thank for the tale.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 1 year ago

Huh! Makes you wonder how many marital missteps are overlooked in the white noise of everyday life.

.

At first, I thought you made up hyperthymesia - a bit of literary medical invention, as it were, but I’m surprised to find out it’s a real thing - who knew? Clearly not me! I guess you learn something every day. Thanks for that.

.

Ryan indeed suffers for his new found ‘sanity’. A touching allusion to Don McLean’s beautiful but tragic song, and, of course, Vincent’s iconic ‘Starry Night’. A melancholy, but compelling, and entertaining story. Thank you very much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I don't get it! She cheated, then permanently crippled him so he couldn't leave her and this is the happy ending? The fact that's he's practically her prisoner is a good thing?! What the actual fuck!

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

Is that really a thing? D

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"I never intended to hurt you. I never thought..." Can't have it both ways. Either you thought or you didn't think. What she's trying to do is make herself out to be a better person than she is. Stay or go, hubby is living with a person who's main motivation is selfish. She'll do what she feels is best for her. Right now, it is him and the kids, but later? If she wants to cheat again, she will and he'll the the one to pay the price. It's too late for her to pretend to do the right thing, but it doesn't look like you're going to have him call her on it.

Wildbill314Wildbill314over 1 year ago

Three stars for the story…five for the joke

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Original and entertaining. Thank you.

Ed

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 1 year ago

ha ha

the joke was better than the story

yes you warned us it is not btb

fine. but you could warned it's a cuck story too

i wouldn't have wasted my time reading this

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

That was a different character from the norm here, and that alone makes this story excellent. And it really is quite good. The author captured the narrators personality very well and created a unique emotional environment for the story. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It’s certainly a different/unusual story. Possibly because of depicting the unusual disorder, none of the characters seem all that well developed. I certainly felt no emotional attachment. Thus, for me, it was a good story with a lot of unrealized potential. I do wonder about the surprising emergence of a musical instrument (viola).

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Make it clear to Nancy she is nothing more than a live in nurse and cum dump. How do you love someone who treated you like shit for months and would have continued if her boyfriend hadn't moved away. Ryan is trapped in the situation but so is she.

numbnutz49numbnutz49over 1 year ago

Wonderful story - five star worthy! Might be worth a sequel in a few months based on the next to last paragraph (I'm suffering for my sanity and the thoughts of ending my plight are tempting). It winds up being a question of was this forgiveness and reconciliation or simply kicking the can a few years down the road.

Omart57Omart57over 1 year ago

Very good story, M&M! Thanks for posting!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Question remains...how long will Nancy's guilt remain such that she'll still feel obligated to take care of Ryan. Being a caretaker is a tremendously stressful job. Since she already had become bored with her marriage enough to cheat on Ryan who's to say she's not going to become bored of being Ryan's caretaker. Only time will tell if keeping her was the right choice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

great way to do a cheating wife story. That brain injury and recall I think is a new one. I do agree with keeping her based on his situation UNLESS in some way insurance would cover a care giver. But her life with me would be hell and she probably would want to leave me. I would tell anyone who was around, including the kids, that she was a cheater. I also would have the kids DNA tested just to piss her off. AND if, big if, we had sex I would insist on a condom. Again, just to piss her off.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Disappointed! She gets away with long-term betrayal due to his disability. He is trapped in this family. I hope that the children find out what she did when they are older.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 1 year ago

Hyperthymesis, If we all had that level of recall, marriage would be a thing of the past. Great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I’d have shot her. But that’s just me.

SkubabillSkubabillover 1 year ago

Different from your norm but well-written and entertaining. Was that joke a hat tip to one of my other favorite writers, Vandemonium1?

mainer42mainer42over 1 year ago

very entertaining story. As a cat lover, I can relate to Vincent

Regguy69Regguy69over 1 year ago

Yea! Something new! Interesting tale. He's kinda stuck with her unless he gains full control over his condition. Life will keep him busy until the kids are old enough to begin to ignore him, like all kids do, eventually. Poor guy, it will be a pretty sad life.

Thanks for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What on earth does “making bread” mean?

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowover 1 year ago

Great story.

Loved the joke at the end, too!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is very well written. But it's fucking depressing because of how REAL it is. I know the author may think this was a clever twist on the ol' RAAC story. But truly, this is how almost ALL forgiven marriages recover. Very slowly, and very broken. Ignoring anger and pithy words, all that's left is a deep sorrow. The cheater feels like a loser if they love their partner. The cheated feels like a loser because their love wasn't enough. And that's all folks. Not much more except the individual details. Sometimes one or both partners forget and it's happy again, for a brief time. And then someone remembers. Someone always remembers, and it puts a wet blanket on those good vibes.

I'd hazard the majority of authors avoid this ending subconsciously or otherwise. If for no other reason than how hard it hits. It flies way too close to the reality of a forgiveness tale. Some bitch and moan about the tired cliche' stories about the spouse winding up in the hospital....and life or death makes everything clear. Or cancer. Or they discover a plot to undermine them both. But this is the reality. Somebody cheats because they got selfish and greedy. The other spouse found out, and now they exist in a sad limbo. Sometimes love, sometimes hate, and mostly indifference.

tanglosaxtanglosaxover 1 year ago

Ok, the story was ok, but probably not worth a 5 without the joke at the end. That definitely ratcheted it up to a 5. Thanks moreandmore. Tanglosax

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fascinating story idea with a sad unresolved ending. The children probably aren't his and he's trapped being cared for by a cheating unloving wife who is motivated only by guilt. Once the children are adults, he will have no reason to live.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 1 year ago

Great story... you definitely swerved out of the well-worn LW groove. Forgiveness is one of the things, along with love, which sets us apart from the animals. Perspective, and free will... yeah, those too. 5+++/5!!

SunnyU2SunnyU2over 1 year ago

Still needs to do a DNA test on the kids.

BigfundrewBigfundrewover 1 year ago

Thanks for a new and quite interesting twist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very interesting plot line. Was hard to root for this guy based on the frightfully boring introduction of him and his life. It almost explained why Nancy was looking for some excitement.

.

He is trapped, though. His condition apparently required full time oversight. Nancy is wracked by guilt and seems committed to being that caregiver. He will accept it because a) he needs someone, and b) his kids. Unfortunately he ponders suicide to get out of tne trap. Hopefully, that urge will go away and, hopefully, his relationship with Nancy will get closer to what it was before. But then again….what was it before? Boring?

.

4 ****

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 1 year ago

Interesting story line.

BentNotBrokenBentNotBrokenover 1 year ago

So good to read more of your art. This one read almost like a novel. Ending seemed a little rushed but, as always, very well done. More please!! Thank you 😁

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Too forgiving.

MwestohioMwestohioover 1 year ago

Very original situation. Well done. I liked the comment about the Broncos. And good joke. All around great effort

imhaplessimhaplessover 1 year ago

Originial premise and story; I like original. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

l LIKED THE STORY, BUT THE JOKE IS OLDER THAT SANTA.

MERRY CHRISTMAS....

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 1 year ago

That was different and quite interesting. Well done.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 1 year ago

An original storyline. Rare. Thoroughly enjoyed the tale. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Any “counselor” who recommends staying with a slut, instead of helping find another caregiver, needs to be reported and shamed!

ZK

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 1 year ago

Interesting story. Original concept. 5 stars.

Hooked

silentsoundsilentsoundover 1 year ago

Hmm. I really liked the interesting brain injury angle but I didn't care for the story.

It was very depressing and there are always choices.

4*.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 1 year ago

It's an inventive and thoughtfully crafted story. The MC is truly trapped inside his own head. Will he ever find his way out?

It's interesting how you gave him the ability to find and integrate together everything he had observed,

It would also have been interesting to see more of Nancy's thoughts and fears as she perceived the direction Ryan's thoughts were taking!

l0ver0tical0ver0ticaover 1 year ago

Hohoho. (Me and Santa laughing at the joke.) 5* for the story...

Tls2753aTls2753aover 1 year ago

Very interesting, though sad, story. 5*

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 1 year ago

Way too forgiving.

jsch1947jsch1947over 1 year ago

LMAO beautifully twisted

bent16cabent16caover 1 year ago

Excellent ! Liked the human touch. Wish there was more of this out there .

TheArtfulCodgerTheArtfulCodgerover 1 year ago

l gave you 5 just for the joke

AethurAethurover 1 year ago

This is one of those stories I hate to love. This is also one of those rare stories where asking the betrayed spouse "would you be better off without her?" question can be answered with a "no". We all know that it's solely due to his medical condition, and I pity him for both the condition and the horrible wife (which she will always be, even if she's reaffirmed her commitment to the hubby/marriage/family).

5*

cyendreycyendreyover 1 year ago

An OK story, not bad, not great. But tge joke at the end? Priceless!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just to throw out the question if there is a divorce is she entitled to alimony off his disability? What about 1/2 the insurance?

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 1 year ago

That was a great story. I love to read a well-researched, well-written story. A unique way for a spouse to learn of the betrayal. Well done. 5*, of course.

HmmtwodogsHmmtwodogsover 1 year ago

Brilliant story and a great read, well done

A_BierceA_Bierceover 1 year ago

Making bread = kneading (common cat behavior). The story = yet another example of why Lucifer gave us cell phones. M&M = author worth following.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
The Marriage Is In A Holding Pattern. Half Life Is Doubtful.

The wife is feeding on guilt and the husband is acquiescing due to his infirmity and dependence. Its the only thing they have in common absent the children. Once the kids are gone all bets are off. If the asshole had not moved away she'd probably still be fucking him, and the husband remembers exactly the depth and extent of her regret when her fuck buddy dumped her. If the husband ever recovers he'll probably kick her to the curb. Their marriage is over, and they are no longer married to the person they married. A sequel would satisfy the natural curiosity of how this all ends. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The people who questioned the "making bread" ability of the cat have obviously never owned,

or sat with, a contented cat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yes guys a very original storyline but here’s the thing it’s still a cuck story, self preservation might be a valid reason for him accepting the situation but being a good wife through guilt does not make you a good wife, so let’s not volunteer wifey for sainthood just yet.

Her actions and his affliction have quite literally made this a marriage of convenience and sadly nothing more.

LarrynDallasLarrynDallasover 1 year ago

Marilu Henner, actress who came to fame starring on the TV show Taxi, has this mental condition. She never suffered from it, but most of the few people in the world who have this find it mentally debilitating, as your story suggests. I watched a PBS special about this. She was tested at length, largely to figure out how she could be so normal, yet remember every thing that ever happened to her. At one point, the researcher asked if she could remember her lines from the third episode of Taxi. She rattled them off, including the lines of ty other actors as well. Absolutely amazing.

Thank you for writing such an interesting story.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

On one hand, it is well written, and has an interesting premise and setup.

On the other hand, the author chose to not only "not to do BTB" but to basically let the asswife 100% off scott free, for BOTH the affair AND crippling her husband. ZERO downside for her. She gets more money from his disability, doesn't really need to take care of him for real like real physical disability would require, has zero risk of divorce or retaliation. So, only 3 stars. If the author saw fit to have reasonable punishment or downside for the beyatch instead of sneering "well this isn't BTB so F.U. readers", would get better score.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A lot of others have said it: original; well presented. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting enough. 4 stars.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleover 1 year ago

A good read.

Different. But good.

Certainly not run of the mill.

AardieAardieover 1 year ago

I was hoping the super memory would become an asset but ended up only being a liability. He would have been better off if he had never figured it out.

He seemed a bit clueless during the affair. He didn't need the super memory to see what was right in front of him.

bobareenobobareenoover 1 year ago

Fun to read. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I normally love your stories. But there was no repercussions for the cheating wife. She got off Scott free. Not only did she have an affair, she also fucked her husband up with a car crash. I'm a firm believer is the bill coming due.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 1 year ago
When the joke

Is better than the story. Sorry but it was a miss for me. Interesting premise though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ouch! What a life to live. At least I can prefer to maintain mostly my good memories.

LoejtcLoejtcover 1 year ago

Excellent but depressing. What does the future look like for the family? How long can Nancy tolerate a completely abnormal relationship and family environment?The kids give meaning to his existence but that can’t last forever.

He has no goals because his brain won’t let him focus. He is dependent on drugs so his mobility is limited. Even his sleep/wake cycle is dependent on the random activity of his brain.

How long can someone maintain their sanity under these conditions?

So sad!

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
He

Probably should have looked by the asshole she was screwing with anyway. Not enough retribution for the pansy. Otherwise a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

We call it the cat dance.

LOVE slap-hapy-papy #9

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written storie and I got the feeling it's not just invented. I like how easy u made it to describe the protagonists development. And honestly? I needed the joke since your story also brought back some memories. It's a shame that in our world talent is hidden on sites like lit.

Rocky62Rocky62over 1 year ago

Send maintenance up…. Haa haa haa haa haa

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 1 year ago

He wasn't kidding.

The writer, when he warned us

not to expect a classic BTB.

This was much closer to a classic RAAC.

What it really was,

was a story trying to get readers to accept

a cheating slut in the MC's life.

It did have a good idea for a plot though.

And a kitten.

Not to mention a funny joke.

So it gets up to 4 out of 5 from me.

fritz51fritz51over 1 year ago

I disagree with the wife got off Scott free. There was an accident that left her husband with a permanent disability. She knows that she's 100% responsible for the accident, therefore, 100% answerable for her husband's gloomy future. Even though she's shouldered the responsibility for him, she will be forced to be reminded several times a day, every day, that she caused not only this awful thing, but her adultery was also exposed heaping even more distress upon her faultless husband. Unless she is totally stupid, she must also realize that Ryan had little choice as to whether or not to kick her ass to the curb. That he must accept that she remains his wife, regardless of what he would have done, had the physical injuries not happened.

I would have liked the author to have had Ryan thrown that fact in her face, however whatever action would yield the most peace for him was the way to go. He had a life to live, and it should be as good a life as possible from that point on. If that required him to accept her betrayal, then so be it. He was not going to re-enter the dating scene and finishing out his years a bitter, lonely man is not what I would choose.

Likewise, her vision of a happy future would also have to be modified. Their life forever had become wrapped around his disability and her shame, both things being a cross for her to bear.

fritz51 *****

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Admire the attempt to try something different. 4*

012Say012Sayover 1 year ago

Original, wife not tarred and feathered for indiscretion will make some comment poorly, which will drive you to write more clever stories. I like this loop.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Don't you just love it when things turn out badly for everyone concerned? At least the author put in a cuddly animal friend to lighten things up a tiny bit. Looks like Vincent is the best pal Ryan has. What a shit way to live out the rest of your days. 5 stars for the skilled writing even if the storyline was very dreary.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Wow! What a different take on a life's problems along with a cheating loving wife. Humorous and sad at the same time. I been sorta thinking on those lines, why even get up in the morning? It's just the same ole, same ole. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Double betrayal by a good for nothing whore. His life would of been infinitely better had he not met her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What a curious medical condition upon which to base a story in LW. I wonder what inspired the author to write this. The story is an interesting but melancholic read. The idea that he is trapped in a marriage to an adultress because of injuries he sustained in a traffic accident for which she was responsible is a horror worthy of the Twilight Zone. But for the grace of God go we...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Dump the cunt

WillowghbyWillowghby11 months ago
Excellent!

Original

Well written

Another good joke at the end, and...

It has a cute kitten.

Keep 'em comin'!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I hate cheating wives. Great story but he is in hell

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Like a commenter said below you've come up with such a novel idea, and it's truly terrible he's trapped in a life with a cheating wife. The only silver lining is his memory is good enough that he'd most likely catch her in the act if she ever tried it again--and even if he can't, it seems Nancy is probably too afraid to try now.

Still sad ending for poor Ryan.

Great story as always bro. the only bad thing is Im dying for a chapter 2!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

"decide if I'm better with her or without her"

One of the deus ex machina for cuckolds.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermoreandmore@moreandmore
A day without sex is like, um, just kidding. I have no idea. I am judged by what I've done and haunted by what I didn't do. I write stories in an attempt to entertain. If it evokes hate filled or non-constructive comments then I smile while I delete them. I won’t have you...