All Comments on 'Oblivion & Doubt Ch. 10'

by SiteNonSite

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I was so afraid you were not going to write anymore and that would have been a shame....these stories are so good. All the things a good story should have...conflicted feeling, friendship, love...please keep writing.

ButteredCrumpetButteredCrumpetover 2 years ago

Well done SNS!! You already know how much I love this chapter. I can't wait for the next. xx

SiteNonSiteSiteNonSiteover 2 years agoAuthor

I’m very sorry to have worried you Anon. The bones of this story have been here all along. (They are contained within Truth & Admiration.) And the end was written months ago, but there was, I’m finding out, quite a bit of connective tissue missing. Chapter 10 was, for whatever reason a long and painful birth. Mostly because I felt I needed to prepare the way for Chapter 11 - which is all but done and will come much quicker than it’s predecessor. I apologize for the wait.

SiteNonSiteSiteNonSiteover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you ButteredCrumpet for being a cheeky girl and such a kind reader. It’s been a pleasure.

MigbirdMigbirdover 2 years ago

You may have felt that your story stalled a bit; not sure that I agree. Regardless, what you created in this chapter is very special, not unlike the entire exploration of a relationship. The walk in the forested landscape, the unbelievably intense/beautifully described love making, the introspection and dialogue, the mud escapade, the clean up, Thom, etc. All so visual and so revealing about this relationship. Yes, this storyline may be Leethie’s and we may know the outcome, but we learned as much about Miranda as we did Leethie, and maybe more in this episode. Damn, the relationship you’ve created is so beautiful in large part, maybe, because what we come to realize about these two women together — something way beyond simple.

demonbadgerdemonbadgerover 2 years ago

I hope the next part comes sooner rather than later.

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereover 2 years ago

So happy to see this today! Shocked a bit as I didn't entirely remember the previous two, although when I reviewed them I saw that I had rated both five stars. Strange. Waiting for your vision of the shxx show that has to happen next.

SiteNonSiteSiteNonSiteover 2 years agoAuthor

I think you will get your wish DB, the next chapter is all done, I’m just sitting on it for a day or two before I publish - just to see if anything boils up.

Thank you MB for the kind words. I am so glad you are enjoying the visual aspect of the writing. (It’s a big part of the fun for me.) I didn’t feel the story had stalled, I felt my writing had. I wanted to give Leethie and Miranda a chance to connect, to see why they are friends and lovers. But I was worried about being repetitive. Also, as someone wrote privately, it’s good to take a summer break. And indeed I think the break did story a service. And BC was a great help in souring me to pick it back up again.

HWGT, I know you are an early morning reader, do you think you slept-rated the last two stories? Will you go back and reread them? I hope so!

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereover 2 years ago

SNS - I HAVE read them. Sorry, I only implied it by saying 'reviewed'. You don't really think I would ignore part of your story? "Slept-rated" - an interesting and creative verb that I might have to cop to ...

SiteNonSiteSiteNonSiteover 2 years agoAuthor

I'm so happy HWGT. I really hope the shxx show delivers, because it's coming.

WildingWildingover 2 years ago

I'm curious, what is the turnaround on stories posting from the date of submission. I've seen stories take weeks and it seems rather random. Great work as usual.

SiteNonSiteSiteNonSiteover 2 years agoAuthor

Funny you should ask Wilding, ive been wondering myself all week. Maybe someone with more experience and/or inside knowledge can help us both figure this one out. In my experience this year it usually takes three days for a story to post from the date of submission, but chapter 11, which posted today, spent eleven days “pending”. I have no idea what caused the delay. Stories were posting at a normal rate the whole time (3-4 a day), and today ten stories were posted. I wrote asking if there was a problem, if there’s something I’d done, but received no reply. (Last time something like this happened my story was rejected because of “forbidden code” I couldn’t find any errant code, resubmitted and it was posted after three days.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I must say, in addition to being a visual artist, you're also an artisan of well crafted words. This chapter in particular, is so well written that everything comes together - the vivid description of nature, of the simple yet direct pleasure of company and camaraderie, love and lust... It was such a pleasurable read that makes the inexorable attraction that L feels for M. The twists and turns along the way are believable and kept me close to the two as they try to sort out their feelings.

This story deserves a book-length treatment what with your powers of keen observation and marvelous story telling...

Dulcis

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSiteNonSite@SiteNonSite
I am a visual artist. I lurked Literotica for over a decade as an anonymous reader. I'm not sure why I decided to write, but I am very glad I did. A bit of background: when I was much younger than Annie is in my stories I started having group sex with an older girl and boy...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES