Office Girl

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We made polite conversation until my smartphone rang and I needed to rush off to avert some sort of disaster. The rest of the week was hectic as always, but I managed to catch up with Chloe for lunch again on Thursday. I was fairly sure the gossip was already starting, the fact the GM of the place was sharing lunch with an employee.

Friday afternoon seemed to arrive quickly as always. Heading down to chat with Liz as always, as I liked to hear about my employees come the end of the week, I bumped into Chloe as she was heading home for the day. She started to blush slightly as always, particularly as we almost collided in the doorway leading into the HR and clerical section.

"Enjoy your weekend, Chloe," I stated.

The smile that formed almost brought my heart to a stop. It was so genuine, her face lighting up and her blue eyes almost sparkled. "I will, Mark. You enjoy yours too."

I know I stood flat footed as she walked down the corridor towards the exit. Shaking my head, I turned to see Liz in the doorway to her small office and she was laughing at me within seconds as I sat opposite her once settled behind her desk.

"So you're having lunch with a member of my staff a couple of times a week."

"I'll stop if people are talking."

Liz smiled that sort of smile that suggested I was an idiot. "Mark, the girls think it's nothing short of cute. And it's helping her get comfortable working here." Clearing her throat, she then added, "And I think you might eventually have to drop that personal rule of yours."

"I'm just being friendly. I see her sitting alone..."

"And you think she's gorgeous."

"I can think that but still just be a friend or confidant."

"When did you last go on a date, Mark?" I felt my eyes widen. Liz was a friend and colleague, but we rarely discussed my private life. She leaned forward but didn't avert her eyes. "You're a good friend in addition to being my boss, Mark. I know for a fact that a few staff have had offers to move on but remain here out of loyalty to you. And Chloe is delightful. The girls love her already. She'd be good for you, and I think you'd be good for her."

Letting out a deep breath, I finally replied, "I'll think about it."

I did think about it but life continued as normal for the next couple of weeks. I'd join Chloe for lunch a couple of times a week, we'd enjoy a quick conversation if we bumped into each other. It was a month after she started that I was summoned to HQ for the usual quarterly meeting, each GM meeting up with the directors to go over the performance and what they expected for the next quarter. When I offered to take Chloe with me, I said it was a good opportunity to meet and greet people.

The meeting was on a Wednesday, so I had Chloe meet me at the depot and we'd take my company car. Driving us into the city, I kept the conversation casual. She was wearing a navy blue dress, the top close to her neck so she wasn't showing off any cleavage, while the hem did travel up her thigh when sat down. I did glance at her smooth legs every so often. She'd relaxed in my company since starting, no longer fidgeting and she was smiling a lot more.

Arriving at HQ an hour or so later, I led her inside and introduced her. While I was in meetings, I'd organised for her to be taken around, get her name and face recognised. She was clearly intelligent and knew her stuff, as she'd attended university and had a degree that looked great on her CV. I was in the boardroom for hours, only breaking for a short lunch. By the time I was ready to go, Chloe was busy chatting with a couple of colleagues, though when I appeared, to say her face lit up wouldn't be wrong, and I'm fairly sure it wasn't missed by others.

During the drive home, we were chatting away when she mentioned being hungry. Without thinking, I asked if she wanted to stop and join me for dinner somewhere. "I'd like that," she said softly. Asking what she'd like, the reply was that anything would do, but she could really do with something filling, preferably involving a slab of meat on the plate.

So a pub dinner it was.

Ever the gentleman, I opened her car door and helped her out, and without thinking again, kept hold of her hand as we walked inside. Ordering us drinks at the bar, we found a table and looked over the menu. Assuring her money was no object, she went for the surf and turf. Bloody good choice, I thought. I just went with a steak and all the trimmings.

"Is this a date or just two colleagues enjoying dinner?" she asked once I'd returned to the table.

"What would you like it to be?"

"It's been a while since I've been on a date."

"I've tried dating, but I haven't found the right girl just yet." Taking a chance, I gently grasped her hand resting on the table. "Chloe, would you like this to be a date?"

She blushed again, looking away for a second. "Maybe... I know you think I'm attractive, Mark. You're subtle but your interest has been noted by more than just me."

"Hard not to notice you, Chloe."

"I think you're rather handsome too," she whispered.

Our meals arrived so that halted personal conversation, sticking to safer topics, mostly about work. She was interested in what we discussed for hours in the boardroom. I admitted it could sometimes be rather dull, that the head honchos were not aware of conditions on the ground, that they just looked at numbers and spreadsheets without truly understanding the realities of the world. But, in the end, they were in charge, and we just did what they told us to do.

"Did you learn a lot?"

"Everyone was really friendly and helpful."

"Good. I hope the experience helps you. I know Liz has high hopes for you in our organisation."

"That might mean leaving your depot though."

"Well, hopefully it won't come to that, and we can find a way of keeping you with us. I wouldn't want to lose you either, Chloe."

Finishing our meal, I didn't want another drink as I was driving, so I offered to drive Chloe home. She lived in an apartment not too far from where I lived. Escorting her to the door leading inside, I had to finally admit that I was feeling some sort of connection with her, and from gazing into her eyes, I could see that interest was being returned.

"How about a real date?" I finally plucked up the courage to ask, "I'm sure you've heard about my rule about dating, but I think it's time I broke it."

"When?" she asked softly.

"How about Saturday night?"

"I'm not much for large crowds. I prefer something a little quieter."

"How about dinner, drinks and I find us a quiet bar somewhere close by?"

My god, she was beautiful when she smiled. Without thinking of the consequences, I leaned forward and kissed her. When she kissed me back, wrapping my arms around her body, I had to cop a feel of that perfect little arse I'd seen walking away from me far too often. When I gave it a gentle squeeze, she smiled before breaking the kiss, her soft fingers caressing my cheek.

"Thank you for dinner, Mark."

"Thank you for keeping me company."

"I'll see you tomorrow."

"You will."

I made sure she was safely inside before returning to my car. I was still smiling the next morning strolling into work. No-one said anything before or during the meeting, but Liz stopped me before I was ready to head back to my office. She had this knowing look in her eyes, and I knew the interrogation would be lengthy if I didn't head it off.

"I broke my own rule," I admitted.

"How?" she asked, managing to keep her excitement at bay for the moment.

"We had dinner on the way back from HQ and I asked her out on Saturday. She said yes."

"It's about time, Mark. Your interest has been obvious since she walked into your office on her first day. And I know she's been asking a lot of questions about you, though she's far subtler in her interest, playing it off as just an employee being mindful of what her boss likes." Resting a hand on my forearm, she added quietly, "One thing I need you to know, Mark. She's been hurt before, and I don't just mean what you already know about. She might not like me letting you know, but there are reasons why she's the quiet girl we've got to know. Look after her for us. The girls really do love her to bits, and she's been a fantastic addition."

"I'm not going to hurt her, Liz. I like her too much for that already."

I didn't manage to get to lunch with Chloe for the next two days before the weekend, but I did ask her to visit me in my office before leaving on Friday afternoon. My door was open as always, glancing up when I heard her soft knock. She had that adorable shy smile on her face again, though I understood why as we were on the verge of perhaps starting an office romance. That could make it awkward for both of us.

"Hi," she said softly.

"Hello yourself," I replied, standing up and walking around my desk. Checking the corridor was clear, I closed and locked my door, turning to take her left hand in my right, ensuring I kissed her first. She kissed me back again, though it remained relatively chaste. No make-out sessions would be had in my office just yet. "Are you okay?"

"I'm feeling pretty good right now, Mark."

"Still okay with dinner and drinks tomorrow night?"

"I've been looking forward to it since you asked me on Wednesday night."

Lifting my hand to caress her cheek, her eyes closed, and a content smile appeared, moving her hand into my palm. I hadn't felt anything like this about someone else in a long time. It had taken a month just to build up the courage to finally ask her out. Now that I had, I knew I wanted more than just one date with this intelligent, beautiful woman.

Kissing her again, I pulled her close to my body. When she released a soft moan, I think I growled into her mouth, which made her giggle. "I hope you kiss me like this on Saturday night during our date," she whispered, gazing into my eyes, unable to stop smiling.

Someone knocked on the door. Reluctantly, I pulled back. Opening the door, I wished Chloe a good weekend and that I'd see her on Monday morning. I didn't need news of the fact we were going out on a date spreading. Of course, it was Liz at the door and, as soon as she saw it was Chloe in the room with me, she gave us both a knowing grin.

"See you on Monday morning, Liz," Chloe whispered, noticing her cheeks were glowing a very bright red, unable to meet her manager's eyes as she walked away down the corridor.

Liz closed the door and, to my surprise, hugged me. The only time I could remember us hugging was after a few drinks at the yearly Christmas party, and we would hug each other on each other's birthday. "It's about time, Mark," she said softly, "I'm so happy for you."

"We haven't been out on proper date yet."

"I can see how you look at each other, Mark. Seen you together in the canteen more than once. Everyone has been watching this romance slowly blossoming. Trust me on this, everyone who has it figured out supports it."

While that might be true, I was also aware of terms such as 'conflict of interest' but was thankful our company didn't have any sort of clause preventing me from dating a colleague. Sure, she was a subordinate, some might worry about the power dynamic of such a relationship, and in the back of my mind was what happened at her old job. I knew I'd have to be careful and ensure Chloe didn't end up hurt if it didn't work out.

Out for a couple of beers that evening, I ended up spending more time messaging Chloe. My friends realised I was communicating with a woman as they eventually joked that I was smiling all the time. I finally admitted that I was interested in someone and that I had a date the next evening. That earned a slap on the shoulder, the trio wishing me good luck, a joke that it was about time I found someone who made me smile again.

Aware that Chloe did like a good meal, I'd reserved a table at a restaurant that carried rave reviews. Messaging her through Saturday, she finally called me early afternoon and the excitement in her voice had me smiling if not a little excited myself.

Not wanting to drive, I organised a taxi to pick me up before we stopped outside Chloe's apartment block. She was already waiting outside for us, wearing a gorgeous red and white dress, her hair flowed down to her shoulders, faint make-up and lipstick, and she wore flat shoes as always. I wouldn't have minded heels. I'd never been with a woman anywhere near my height, heels or not. Kissing her cheek, I inhaled the scent of both her shampoo and the perfume she was wearing, a delightful mix.

"You look sensational."

"You don't scrub up too badly yourself, Mark."

I'd gone with the simple combination of trousers and long-sleeve shirt. Hair was combed. Usual stubble. She ran a hand down my arm and smiled at me again. "Ready?" I asked.

"Let's go."

She loved the restaurant I chose, having not been there before but she'd read the same reviews. We had to take a seat at the bar as we were rather early. Helping her up onto a stool, she crossed her legs, the hem of her dress riding up her thigh, showing off her long legs that glistened slightly. I couldn't avert my eyes and she noticed.

"I'm glad you like them," she said softly, "I'm always worried men will think I'm too tall."

"Not a problem for me."

Shuffling my stool closer, I took a sip of my drink before I gently ran my fingers up and down one of her calves. She smiled as she took my wrist, resting my hand on her knee. Her skin was so soft, I had to make mention of it, no surprise that she said she moisturised daily. Our table was eventually ready, taking her hand as I led her towards it, making sure she was seated before I sat opposite her.

The food was fantastic and met the standard expected considering the reviews. We kept the conversation light as we ate, avoiding the big subjects, no doubt keeping them in mind for later. One thing I did learn from our two dinner dates so far is that Chloe had an appetite, and I could only be thankful for that. I hated getting a big meal while my date ordered a salad but was clearly starving for more. And no, that's not just a stereotype. Even my ex-wife had done that during our first couple of dates before I almost begged her to order a proper meal.

After dinner, we held hands as I led her to a nearby bar. Though it was in the heart of the city, I'd researched to ensure it was somewhere she'd feel comfortable. Finding a small table to share, I bought us a round of drinks, a schooner for me, a glass of wine for her, and we started the serious talk. Family. Friends. Hopes and dreams. As we really got to know each other at heart, she started to fidget, even look a little upset.

Taking her hand, I had to ask, "What's wrong? Something I said?"

"No," she whispered, blinking rapidly as she looked away, "I need to tell you something about me, Mark. And I'm scared that when I do, you won't like me anymore. But I know this can't go any further without being honest."

"You can tell me anything, Chloe. I hope you're not going to tell me you're married though."

She managed a thin smile before taking a sip of her wine. "How up to date are you on current issues?"

"Well, I do vote but that's compulsory. I pay attention to the big things. You know, the budget and what not."

"What about social issues?"

"Well, I mean, I hate to hear about domestic violence. Would rather not see kids without three square meals. Single mothers sometimes need support. And I'd like to see the homeless helped."

"Do you know anything about trans issues?"

"Not really, to be honest. I hear the word transphobic from time to time. I assume it's along the lines of homophobic, people not liking trans people or something. I'm sorry, Chloe, I'm not particularly clued up on things like that."

She took another deep breath, and I could feel her nerves. "Mark, I'm a transwoman. I'm sure you've heard about transgender men and women. I was born like you, but I knew a long time ago that I was a girl."

"Oh..."

I'll admit that I felt completely blindsided by her confession, but she was also laying her heart out on the line. I knew if I let her hand go, it would crush her. But I'll be honest. I didn't know what to say or how to deal with it in that moment. "I know it's probably a surprise, but I knew I had to say something before this got anywhere near serious."

"Um... So..."

"I'm sorry if you feel I've just sprung this on you."

I squeezed her hand. "I'm surprised, I'll admit that. I don't know what to say right now, Chloe."

"Thank you for still holding my hand," she whispered, "I've had more than one man snatch their hand away when I told them."

"Can I ask a blunt question?"

She managed a smile. "I know what you're going to ask as it's the first question I'd ask. Yes, I still have my boy bits. And I don't let them define me, so I'm not too worried about spending all the money required on getting the surgery."

"Oh..."

"That's a deal breaker for most men, Mark. I'll understand if it is for you." She squeezed my hand and I gazed into those gorgeous blue eyes. I never would have guessed... "I hope it's not for you..."

I remained silent for a couple of minutes, squeezing her hand a couple of times to at least reassure her I wasn't going anywhere just yet. I finally needed to say something. "Chloe, you're a beautiful woman, but can you give me time to think?"

"Of course, Mark. I know it's a big revelation."

Moving my chair around the table so I was next to her, I wrapped my arm around her waist. "I'm aware of how brave it was, what you just told me. I'm guessing it doesn't always end well?"

"I learned to tell men in public after the first couple of times I did it at their or my house. The second time it got violent, I learned my lesson. Plus, a couple of friends gave me advice." She paused before resting her head against my shoulder. "Please don't hate me," she whispered.

I heard the choked back sob and turned so I could hug her. God, I felt awful in that moment. I was left thinking she needed reassurance, not just that I didn't hate her, but I still liked her. "Definitely don't hate you but I'm out of comfort zone here, Chloe. That's a good thing. Sometimes it's a good thing to be faced by something that, well, I'll admit this is something I don't think about as I'm not aware of ever meeting a transwoman before."

"Your reaction is probably one of the best I've had," she admitted.

Caressing her back with one hand, and the back of her head with another, I figured physical reassurance would help. I was still attracted to her, still liked her a lot, but knowing we shared the same anatomy was, putting it simply, a mind fuck. I bought us another drink, ensuring I remained sat next to her. Conversation didn't exactly pick up, so I focused on ensuring I held her in an arm, and I was left thinking she appreciated that.

But she was emotionally drained and asked if I was ready to go. Taking her hand, I had booked us a cab that would take us home. Sitting on the backseat as we headed back west, she was sitting apart from me. Taking her hand, I gestured for her to move into the middle. She smiled at me and snuggled into my side the rest of the way home. I wasn't surprised that I felt her shake more than once. But I still didn't really know what to say.

Arriving at her apartment block, I asked the driver to wait as I led her to the doorway. Holding her tight to my body, I had to ask for one thing. "Can you give me a couple of days just to think about things. But I promise I will talk to you, Chloe. I won't push you away."

"I really like you, Mark, but if you only want to be my friend..."

The idea of only being her friend wasn't what I wanted. I wanted her more than that, but I needed to get over one thing. In my eyes and mind, she was nothing but a woman, but it was what she admitted that rested between her legs that did concern me. But I wouldn't vocalise that to her.