All Comments on 'Office Politics Ch. 01'

by karaline

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4uover 1 year ago

That went well with my morning coffee. I see you write multipart stories, will there be a part 2 and more to this one? I will look for it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A minor comment. What kind of an airhead gets new clothes and then walks in heavy rain, possibly ruining them? Anyone familiar with London would carry an umbrella because as you told us, in winter it often rains. Now, maybe they only sell clothing there that isn't affected by getting soaked, never been there, wouldn't know. The story seems unfinished, since it is in the romance category, I assume there is more to it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

very boring..... zero excitement and certainly not erotica - dry drivel there really isn't any excitement very mundane there really is no office politics portrayed here and no sexual conotation elicited.

karalinekaralineover 1 year agoAuthor

Yes, this is the first part in a series, apologies for not making that clear.

vcwriter17bvcwriter17bover 1 year ago

The five might be a tad generous. “Love at first sight” is rather cliche and what’s going on in his head isn’t clear. More involvement on his part in the interview and her saying something that triggers his interest might have been a more interesting approach. Better questions from the interview panel would have helped a lot, like the classic, what do you see yourself doing in five years? That’s a sensible question if one’s not sure the candidate is committed, and one I’ve used in these situations.

Note that falls are a leading cause of death among the elderly and I’m placing the grandmother in the 75 to 85 range. Her recovery isn’t going to be quick and may never be complete. In the Covid era, the grandmother is near or at her life expectancy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This leaves me wanting more. I felt like he was standing too close to me mmmm

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Do I see sex in their future? Please let this dark haired man show Jess that he really cares, and if she has a chance to see him without his clothes, maybe he can have a sexy hairy chest and beautiful body to please her!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Rather liked this.

HargaHargaover 1 year ago

Good story, but I see a sexual harassment suit in someones future.

AssignedNameAssignedNameover 1 year ago

Excellent beginning!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Ditto - off to an interesting start. 4*

Aoife_from_UlsterAoife_from_Ulsterover 1 year ago

This was very well written, I absolutely enjoyed this piece. You have me wanting more. Excellent!

bucksumgalbucksumgalover 1 year ago

You did a great job of creating a character that isn't creepy. I hope he stays that way.

roseyfingersroseyfingersabout 1 year ago

very well written and believable.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userkaraline@karaline
18/1/22 Small update, i have asked for the enslavement of Briseis to be taken down now, this should be happening in the next few days, so i suggest you don't start reading, unless you're prepared to read the thing all in one sitting! Thanks again for all your lovely comments....

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES