Once a Nerd Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hearing Jacob regurgitate all my doubt, fears, and regret back at me feels like an animal catcher's Ketch-All pole tightening around my throat. I appreciate it regardless, because Jacob will always, always be honest with me, especially when I've royally fucked something up. He gives it to me straight.

"I know, I know, you're...totally right. What the fuck am I supposed to do now? It's not easy to have a conversation with him, I have to wait for him to let me come over. I can't...be seen cornering him at school, you know? It's too risky, we almost got caught by White last Friday."

"V.P. White?"

"Yeah."

"What the fuck, Dean?"

"Come on, dude, off topic!"

--

Drinks with Jamie Rosenthal.

It's...bizarre. I look around the dive discreetly, searching for the pig-faced doctors, because this has to be some sort of Twilight Zone. We've come to a place called Rodney's, which has seen three renovations since its construction. It's a seventy-five year old structure, and the first renovation occurred when Illinois adopted building codes. Now, it's as upscale as it gets around here. Jamie and I still make an unusual pair, and we stick out in the worst way upon entering.

She isn't one to mind the attention, however, and she snags a little corner booth for us to slide into. "What are you having? On me!"

"Uh, surprise me?"

She returns with two tall beers [brands are beyond me] and two Jaegerbombs. God help me, not Jagerbombs. I'm too polite to decline any of it, unfortunately, and it's bottom's up. I have a high tolerance, so that first round doesn't incapacitate me like I think she's hoping it will. I'm sure she associates my bodily proportions with my tolerance, as most people do. Small guy, drunk in ten minutes or less.

The night carries on, and I'm pleasantly surprised to find that I'm...enjoying her company. Her vaguely pedophilic, pick-me attitude aside, she's a genuinely interesting person to talk to. She's witty, her stories are colorful, and she asks just as much about my life as she volunteers of her own. Her parents are well-off software engineers, she's an only child, she grew up in Ann Arbor, and she's filling Mr. Candy's shoes because their families have close, personal ties.

My guard is well and truly down after an hour and a half, and I'm much less sober than I was when I walked in. Jamie has worked her way around the booth until our thighs are pressed together. I didn't think anything of it, until she walked her two fingers up my chest. "Hey, Sammy, can I ask you something?"

"Mm, what's up?"

She leans into me, close enough that I can feel her lips, sticky with gloss, dragging against my ear.

"Are you sleeping with Dean Saunders?"