All Comments on 'Once It Gets Dark Ch. 04'

by MariadelaO

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
OhiochickOhiochickabout 2 months ago

I love that you are writing a well rounded story without rushing the details. I teach in an reading enrichment program for kids. I've read a lot of books, and made it through many stories on here. You have the talent of a published author. Please don't stop writing.

artemisnight13artemisnight13about 2 months ago

I dont normally comment on stories but Im invested in this series

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Ok. Language needs some revision. Eg ‘in a voice i hadnt heard before’.. i mean, she met the guy a few hours ago! Probably dont give away his intentions so quickly, just let him take her and lets see how things progress.

R x

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I'm glad you've updated! I wondered if he'd uphold his side of the Treaty and leave. This almost makes me think he was tricking her; it was never his intent to let her stay.

Some problems that yank me out of the plot immersion though are 1. how in the world, if the Kirtem Shenk and Massacre of Hamburg got any amount of media attention, did Anna not know who General Tsul is and not put 'Ren' and 'Vo'Ren' together? Surely, his picture would be everywhere, his and the Council of Twelves'. I hope going forward that our heroine shows some amount of shrewd capacity when she gets to the home of the Veril, as she will likely be wrapped in a hateful web of court or martial politics. And 2. A lot of 'telling not showing', especially in this chapter. Fleshing out the plot, characters, and weaving in contextual clues so you don't have to info dump on us would make this already gripping story even better!

OK, that's my $1-worth of opinions. Thanks again for continuing to write! Looking forward to a whole new dimension and culture.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I hate/love how invested I am

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I am SO desperate for the next chapter!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Damn, this should be a novel. This is so good!

MarnieBirdMarnieBirdabout 2 months ago

I am pretty sure you are a published author :) and I wish I knew what name you wrote under just so I could make sure to buy everything you release. But we are so lucky that you decided to share this here. I can't stop thinking about these characters and this premise.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

anxiously awaiting the next chapter already! i love the world building and the tension

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Great story!! I guessed he was the general already-maybe hide that abit better. Not sure he needs to say his intentions to chain her to a bed and have his babies.. it’s like ‘here are all my intentions after we met a few hours ago. The end.’ Whereas building a lasting and strong connection gradually would have more meaning. They are strangers with a connection.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Please please please I beg you I need to watch this amazing love and fantasy sorry grow

bellamie1235bellamie1235about 1 month ago

Loving it, can't wait to read more

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Please keep writing this story. I've re-read chapter four six times already! I absolutely love this story.

96Meowmeowkitty96Meowmeowkittyabout 1 month ago

Please post more of the story I want to learn more about the mysterious elves did she understand why he killed all them or is she gunna be mad at him this romantic love story is so amazing and is leaving me hungry for more your amazing please continue the story and don’t rush it!!! Make sure your happy with it to I made a account on this website just to fallow you and this story ❤️

WildErotica69WildErotica69about 1 month ago

More and quick please, don’t make us wait

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Yaaaassss! Another epic chapter!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Ahhhhhh YES! More story!!

MariadelaOMariadelaOabout 1 month agoAuthor

You guys! I am at a loss of words, thank you so very much for all of your feedback and thoughts. You are the best!

I am currently working on chapter 5 and a little bit behind schedule. I plan on submitting it on Wednesday so it should be online around Saturday if everything goes well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Hi. This is such a cool story and I’m incredibly intrigued!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I love this series so much. Please keep writing more 🙏 💕

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

This is getting better with every chapter! I love possessive/jealous Ren!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Love it. I would buy this on Kindle. Please don't leave us hanging.

Is there another way we can read more of your work?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I can’t wait for more! I have been checking everyday so exited!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Wow, amazing, I am reading it a second time....

AnonymousAnonymous30 days ago

I never write reviews til now. This is very intriguing story. The first chapter grabs you. By the 4th you’re hooked. I hope you finish this epic story. I’d like to read what happens to these characters.

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

PLOT TWIST?!?!? This shit has me at the edge of me seatttt!! Not so positive if he can still be redeemed but i hold out hope!!

AnonymousAnonymous23 days ago

I'm loving this so far!!

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

My girl does NOT keep up with current events

ladyruby1ladyruby116 days ago

Nice twist!!! So relatable that she didn't know who he was OMG. I don't keep up with news either.

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

This is a fantastic story! Nice job! Why do the Veril allow their breeders to be ostracized by other humans? Especially since the implication is that they want the women for companionship as well as procreation?

AnonymousAnonymous9 days ago

Great story so far, there's just one thing that bugs me, specifically regarding Anna's feelings about the war: Hamburg is about a 2 hr train ride from Berlin. If you think about it, most people know a handful of people in neighboring cities, no matter where you are. I have family that live in the city about 2 hours from me.

I guess my point is that I that Anna would have definitely known people who were killed by Ren. That would make things a lot more personal if you met the person who killed a bunch of people you knew personally, plus nearly 100,000 other people. I get that Anna is a bit of an Elven apologist, (with the whole, "we started it first" line of thinking), but I would like to see her beliefs complicated a bit when she realized Ren is directly responsible for killing her uncle or cousin or friend. On the flip-side - and I'm just spit-balling here - Ren definitely has his own Elven superiority complex. He would need to consider the hundreds of thousands of human deaths he caused either a) justified or b) insignificant. While I get he already considers them justified, the disproportionate response to the firstly wave of attacks indicates he doesn't really value human life (or at least most human life, I get that Anna is a Very Special Girl). How ironic is it then that then that the woman he falls in thrall with is a human. She needs to show him that human lives, however short and chaotic, do indeed matter. I guess what I'm saying is both the characters of Anna and Ren have room to explore a lot of character growth, given the opportunity. Good job world building. I look forward for reading the rest of the installments (I wouldn't bother commenting unless I did!)

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

Amazing. Completely hooked.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous