One Day at a Time

Story Info
A wife's resistance to the lifestyle.
8.3k words
3.75
24k
23
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Occasionally a flash of sunshine would break through the canopy of the tree, flashing tiny, annoying sparkles across the face of Allison Saunders. Known to her friends as Allie, the thirty-one-year-old, showed all the signs of gut-wrenching despair. The tissue in her hand was moist with tears. She sat quietly on the bench in the neighborhood park while a soccer game played out on the pitch.

"Hello" .... A voice, coming from behind Allison was just barely loud enough to catch her attention. "Hello....is there anything I can do to help?" The strange voice again broke into Allie's thoughts.

Allison's facial expression showed just how she didn't appreciate the intrusion into her privacy. "I'm sorry.... but do I know you?"

"I'm sorry dear, but I've been watching you for a while and I can see something has you upset. Maybe someone to talk to and get it off your chest will help." The voice was soft and filled with empathy.

Just as the woman began to walk away as she felt Allison seemed not interested in her help. Allison broke down sobbing into the already wet tissue. The still unidentified woman turned back and sat down beside Allison, putting her arm around Allie in an attempt to calm her.

It was more than a minute for Allie to stop sobbing and get her emotions under control. When she did, she wasn't in the mood to share.

"I'm Stacy Dunn, my son is the coach of the soccer team you're watching."

Allison looked up to see the very tall and muscled young man leaning over the shoulder of a boy to offer some coaching tips to someone she couldn't identify.

"If I can help in any way, I would be happy to give you a shoulder to lean on." Again, Allie could see the empathy in her eyes and on her gentle face.

"Can I have your number?" Allison asked.

"I have time right now...." Stacy offered.

Allison nodded toward the soccer pitch. "The problem is walking across the field, so I'll have to give you a call when I get a chance."

Stacy's head jerked around to see a thirty something with his suit jacket tossed over his shoulder headed toward the two women. There was an arrogance about this man. Stacy could see immediately why Allison would be so taken by this very handsome man.

The women quickly exchanged phone numbers and Stacy left just before Allison's husband, Robert could join the conversation. Stacy, noted that Allison could call her anytime.

"What's all that about?" Robert Saunders seemed annoyed this unknown woman would walk away before introductions could be made.

"Oh, she's the mom of the coach. She just wanted to know if I had a kid on the team."

Allie's husband turned to look back at the game that had been restarted. "Well, if he's the coach, he's piss poor."

"Robert....!" Allie's voice flared. "These are just kids. They'll learn in time."

Glancing back at his wife. "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing. You didn't return my call, so I thought I should take a little time for myself."

"I got home, and you weren't there. I was worried."

Trying to understand why her husband would waste his precious time looking for her, especially here, at the park. Allie thought to herself, "that man, has never worried about me, or what I do."

The banter between the two went on for a minute or two. Finally, her husband, Robert turned and began to walk back to the parking lot. "Do you want a ride?"

Allison sat on the bench and watched her husband walk away. "He didn't even take time to notice I had been crying." She thought to herself.

Later that evening, Allison was loading the dishwasher with the final items. Robert, her husband peered around the corner of the doorway and announced he would be working in his home office. She just grinned without looking back at him. Internally, she was happy to find out he was going to be leaving her to her own devises. Maybe.... just maybe, tonight they wouldn't have a repeat of the almost nightly conversations that have been having such an adverse effect on her.

The weekend came and he was back at it. Before or after, and sometimes during the obligatory weekend sex with her husband, his disgusting topic of discussion would rear its ugly head. Sadly, he was too blind to the fact of how much his wife didn't want to talk about it. If he knew she was faking her climax just to get his sweaty body off her, he would be screaming. Maybe he didn't care about that either.

On the following Monday morning, Allison was surprised with a phone call from that nice lady from the park.

"Hello...." Allison spoke into her phone just a beat before it was forwarded to her voice mail.

"Allison, this is Stacy.... you know, from the park."

Allison was more than a bit surprised by the call. "Oh, yeah...Hello," she said.

"I just thought I would give you a call to make sure you were okay."

"Oh, that's really nice of you .... thank you, but I think I'm going to be fine."

There was a noticeable pause in the conversation. "I have time this morning, if you'd like to talk."

"I'm sorry, I was just leaving."

"I live in that gaudy red brick with the ugly purple door. If you want to have something hot to drink, just stop on by anytime...I'm always home."

Allison thought for a second and then said, "don't expect me, but I might stop by for a visit."

The women talked for about another minute. They hung up their phones, but before they did, Allison had decided to skip her errands and just go on over to Stacy's house for a morning cup of coffee and a visit. An hour later she was out the door on her way to the park.

All during her walk to Stacy's, she wondered why she had accepted the invite. Stacy was ten, maybe fifteen years older. She was very attractive, but she gave off this trusting vibe. Maybe it was her aura or just maybe, Allie needed someone who was interested in her.

When she reached the far side of the park, she didn't even hesitate. Allison opened the old iron gate and walked toward the front porch of the house. Before her heart had slowed to a normal rhythm, she was sitting at the table in Stacy's kitchen.

Armed with a cup of coffee, the two women began the process of learning about each other and building the basis for a friendship.

After about an easy hour of back-and-forth girl talk, Stacy looked at her new friend and asked. "Are you ready to tell me what had you so broken up in the park the other day?"

Allison looked away for a second. She sighed a deep sigh and turned back to look at Stacy straight in the eye and said, "My husband wants me to go to bed with another man... and let him watch."

The words.... "you're kidding?" were accompanied with wide-eyed shock. But then a calmness came over Stacy. "Well, based on your actions at the park, I would say you're against it."

"I can't believe he wants me to do such a thing. I have been loyal to him from the day we met. I have never even thought about being with another man...." Then, from out of nowhere Allison stopped. "Holy fuck....."

Stacy turned to see what had Allison's attention, when she saw her son bounding down the stairs pulling his tee-shirt over his head. "Brian, I have company. Don't come down here naked."

"Mom, I'm not naked....Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know there was someone here."

Brian, Stacy's son, the coach of the soccer team from across the street at the park, finished pulling his shirt over his ribs and rock-solid stomach. "I guess I've got to introduced you to my son, Brian. You've heard about kids that don't want to leave home? Well, meet the kid that is never going to move out."

Brian shook his head and spoke. "The only reason I live here is I don't want her to be alone. Besides, I pay rent."

"I'd like to be alone once in a while Bri...but you don't give me a chance."

Allison started to stand. "You two have to talk so I'll just get out of your way."

Stacy was quick to raise her hand, "No, no, no, no.... He has to go to work so he can pay his rent. Anyway, I was just going to sit here by myself and think about what I need from the grocery store."

Brian acknowledged his mom's visitor and thanked her for keeping his mom out of trouble. With a wink and another, "Nice meeting you...." He was out the door and gone.

Stacy got up from the table and got both women a refill of hot coffee. She looked at her new friend, staring as if caught in contemplation. "He actually wants you to have sex with another man and let him watch?"

"Stacy, I shouldn't have said anything to you about my problem. I just don't know if I can do that.... I mean..."

"Allison, you notice I don't have a husband running around here. I have to put up with my unmarried son and his antics." She paused only to catch her breath. "If you look at all the marriages in the newspaper, you can be sure half of them will end in divorce. Unfortunately, I fall into the divorce category." Sighing as about to make a major confession, she continued. "I will tell you right now, even if you go through with what he wants, your marriage is probably not going to make it. All I can say for sure is... If my ex was sitting here right now and that's what he wanted me to do. I'd be in bed with another man tonight. But there won't be another man in my bed tonight. There have only been a few men in my life for the last eight years. And none of them measured up to my ex."

"Oh, Stacy, I'm so sorry."

"I got this house and enough money to keep me for a few years, but the time will come when I'm going to have to get off my ass and get busy."

The shocked look on Allison's face spoke volumes. It was her turn to feel the pain of her new friend. It was her turn to get off the self-pity wagon. It was time to think of someone else for a change. The one thing she knew for certain, her husband was not going to get off this kick of watching her have sex with another man.

Allison glanced at her watch. "I need to get home, but you have given me a lot to think about." She finished off the last of her drink, and then walked around the corner of the table and gave her new friend a sincere hug of friendship. "Thank you so much for listening. I had no right to burden you with my issues. But if you wouldn't mind, would it be okay if I got back with you soon?"

Stacy smiled and nodded her head as she hugged her friend again. "Anytime you want to talk, please get in touch. I've been through this nightmare. Maybe I can give you the view from the other side."

With the knowledge she had someone to talk to about her marital questions, she decided to make the walk home a slow and thoughtful journey. By the time she arrived at her house, she had made a few decisions. These were decisions that would show she was not going to give up her marriage. Nor was she giving up control of her life.

She decided on a hot shower. It was a lot longer than normal, and much more relaxing. When she finished giving herself a real orgasm, Allie got dressed and went about the mundane chores that populated her day to day.

She smiled more than she had smiled in months. Over and over, she wondered what it would be like to be with a stranger or just a different man. What about a woman? Maybe Robert wants to see her with a woman... "Nah, he would be afraid I might like women better than men. Oh, wait a minute...maybe that would turn him on even more? Oh, fuck!" she thought. "There might be something to all this. Hell, I got off in the shower just thinking about it; and heaven knows he hasn't been getting me off. This might be a good idea after all."

That evening went just like all the other evenings in the lives of Robert and Allison Saunders. Robert put a porn movie on the bedroom TV and again tried cuddling with his wife and asking a bunch of questions about, "Wouldn't you like to try that? or would you like a big cock like that inside your pussy?"

Tonight, however, was a little different. Allie reached for his cock, and it was hard... rock hard! "I don't think you could take it."

"What do you mean?" Robert shot back at her.

"I don't think you could handle it emotionally if I would kiss another man." She squeezed his hardness. "I don't think you could watch me put a stranger's cock in my mouth."

Robert's body began to vibrate with tension as she continued.

"I don't think you could handle my legs thrashing in the air with another man licking and sucking on my pussy. Robert, this pussy belongs to you." She was now slowly stroking Robert's cock as his body began to strain against her and he began to moan quietly. "And I don't think you could handle seeing another man making me cum again and again."

That was the straw that killed the Camel. Allison released Robert's cock. She threw back the sheet that covered them. In one smooth motion, she was sitting on Robert with his cock straining to keep from coming too quickly.

"Could you handle seeing your wife rocking back and forth on another man's cock, like I'm doing right now? Do you want to see another man fucking every hole in my body... Do you Robert? Do you?"

For the first time in months both Robert and Allison came at the same time. In Allie's case, it was the first time Robert had made her cum in the last three or maybe four months.

They both collapsed on the bed, overtaken by the emotion of the moment. Robert started to speak, but Allison stopped him. "Don't you dare say a word. Just enjoy this while you can."

Five minutes later, Robert was snoring. Allison turned the TV off and grinned. "Well, I think we answered one question tonight," she thought to herself. When her head hit her pillow, her thoughts filled with how, who, where and when this is going to happen. But with the continuing tingle in her pussy, it 'was' going to happen.

The very next morning, she rushed through the items on her household list. She picked up the phone and called her new best buddy, Stacy. They decided to meet at Allison's house for lunch, and maybe a bottle of wine would be involved.

Right on time (eleven AM) the doorbell rang, and Allison was almost skipping to the door to give her friend a report on what happened the night before. Once they were settled at the table, the two friends passed on gossip they had heard over the last few months.

Stacy was an encyclopedia of information on all the neighbors around the edges of the park. It turned out she was the eyes and ears of those who frequented the area. She knew who was dealing drugs, and what they were selling. If anyone was pushing something more than marijuana, you would be the subject of a phone call to the local police.

Once the lunch was finished, with a fresh bottle of wine, Stacy couldn't wait any longer. "Okay, girl.... have you decided yet?"

Allison just sat back against the cushion and grinned at her friend. "I think I've made up my mind, but I still have a bunch of questions."

"I don't understand, you're either going to do it or you're not."

That was the point when Allison decided she was going to share this major decision. But should she share with a woman she had practically no history with. After tossing the question around in her mind she made one quick comment...."fuck it." Her mind was made up.

"Last night I had the best sex in months with my husband. I mean it was the first time in ages I've had an earth moving orgasm. It wasn't the best ever, but it was close."

"I can't remember how long ago it's been since I could say that" Stacy said. She felt jealous of her friend. "So, you've going to go through with this... you've decided to give him what he wants?"

"I guess I have, but there's still all these unanswered questions in my mind."

Stacy could see the concerned look on Allison's face. "I don't think he's gay, because he swore up and down, he didn't want to participate. Then on the other hand, when did all this start? I mean we were so happy till about two years ago and then he started in with the porn and the dirty talk. It really got out of hand. I was asking him why he wanted me to do this, but he kept saying he didn't know why. He just knew he couldn't get it out of his mind, and it turned him on so much."

"You said you had so many questions, right?" Stacy asked.

"Yeah... I do."

"It sounds to me like you guys have had plenty of time to figure this out, but you're the one throwing up roadblocks."

Allison's facial expression turned into someone caught in deep thought. "When we got married, I thought my life was on its' way. You know, house, kids, dogs and maybe a hamster or two. But where did it go? I mean, I took the same vows he took. Was I the only one paying attention?"

Stacy knew this was going to be a tough one. "You see that grocery list?" She pointed to a list fastened to the refrigerator with a magnet. "Your vows were like a grocery list." She paused.

Allie interrupted. "Yeah, like love, honor, obey and till death and all that. But it doesn't seem to apply to him."

"It took me years after my divorce to figure this thing out so I could live with myself. It may not apply to you, but it's what I had to do for me."

"What did you do?" Allison asked.

"You said, 'till death us do part?'"

"Yeah, I guess so...." Stacy had peaked Allie's curiosity.

"When did 'it' die?"

"You met him, he's not dead, and I'm certainly not going to kill him" Allie said as though correcting a mistake from Stacy.

Stacy stared at Allison and finally spoke. "I didn't say 'he' died. I said 'it' died. When did love die? When did honor die? Who stopped obeying and, obey died?" Stacy again paused. "I looked back on my marriage, and I can tell you to the day, and sometimes the hour when each of those things died in my marriage. You may not be able to salvage your marriage, but some, if not all of these things are almost dead."

Allison looked as though she had been slapped in the face. She was stunned by hearing what might be the truth in her own situation. "Oh, God...did I cause this?"

"No, no, no love... This is not all your fault. I don't know.... but this is something that might be hard-wired into his DNA. He read a book, or he had a buddy that gave him the idea, he saw it or read it online. He can be bored at work and read a story in a magazine while taking a dump. It's not just something that pops up at the dinner table. These things have roots. The slightest thing can make a man.... or a woman, get the idea this is okay, or want to find out if the grass is really greener. It's a matter of do you love him enough to give him his fantasies. Most importantly, can you do it and live with yourself afterward."

"Stacy," Allison interrupted. "Can he live with himself? That's another problem that may end up burning everything down.... I just don't know. There are too many unknowns." Allison appeared to be completely confused. She made it clear; she still loved her husband, "Honestly, I know that sounds naïve on my part, but the only time another man crossed my mind was when your son came into the kitchen with his shirt around his head." Allison stopped and put her finger in the air as though she had a thought. "Wait...that's not true. Robert and I were out shopping, and he saw a girl in tight shorts, and said, 'I bet she's fun in bed,' And I said something about the guy wasn't bad either." Allison sat back against the sofa cushion. "But hell, we laughed about it, and nothing was ever said again."

Stacy glanced at her watch. 'Well, we didn't solve the world's problems today, but that doesn't mean we're going to stop trying."

"You're not going to leave me now, just when you managed to confuse me even more...." Both women stood from the couch and hugged each other and visited more as they walked to the door. Another hug and Allison stepped back to watch her friend make her way down the street.

Allison had to admit the sex with her husband was better than it had been in years. Yes, she had to admit to herself.... the sex was very, very good. But every night it was the same old dirty talk. When was she going to fuck another man? He had done all the research. Robert just couldn't understand. He was giving his wife the "golden ticket" to sexual freedom. She would love the newer and different sex she would have with her new partners.