One Joke Too Many.

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Peter, surprised, answered irritably, "Whatever. I can't fathom what you want with it but have it your way." And he mailed the recording to Victoria.

Victoria couldn't help herself to try one more time, "This is your bed too. You can sleep in it. We're married and I really want to show that I love you."

"No. I don't think so. I had eight hours to think about what happened today. You better start getting used to being alone in that bed until you find another sucker to practice your foul jokes on."

Victoria was taken aback by the vehemence in Peter's voice when he delivered his reply and started tearing up again. Peter just went to bed without uttering another word.

The next morning.

Peter was gone before Victoria woke after a very restless night. She checked on Peter in the hopes he could try to talk to him before he went to his work. While she had coffee in the kitchen, she checked the video again.

She took a good hard look at the reason for the demise of her marriage when it dawned on her that, maybe, her brother-in-law had another agenda altogether. It really looked like he was getting his rocks off! She checked the tights she wore the day before and indeed there were some stains on the outside but not enough for an ejaculation. Precum? she wondered.

She started thinking about that afternoon. Kevin was the one proposing the prank. At first, she didn't feel very comfortable with it and declined. But Kevin and her brothers kept on pressing. Telling her that Peter had become used to being pranked and to imagine his face when they told him he fell for it again.

The wives, including her sister, objected strongly and didn't want to have anything to do with it.

When Kevin started to insinuate that she was a coward and had no spine, she gave in. Now all pieces fell into place. Kevin wanted to have a go at her because he was jealous of Peter. He even suggested that they would undress to make it more real. She outright refused that but when she went on all fours, he dropped his pants anyway.

She didn't have an idea. It was awkward enough already feeling him against her ass crack, she thought. He also insisted that he was going into the garden first. When they thought Peter had heard enough Kevin disappeared into the bathroom and took his time. Now she understood why. They only never imagined that Peter had the wits to record the whole thing.

When Kevin went down it was very silent for a minute and then the shouting began. She went outside and she was astonished at what she witnessed. Kevin bleeding like a pig from his nose and making gurgling noises. Two of her brothers on the deck. One clutching his balls, the other didn't move at all. Victoria took up her phone and dialed her sister's number.

Elizabeth answered with, "Victoria, what do you want?"

Victoria stammered and rambled, "Elizabeth, I now know that I'm the stupidest woman in the Northern Hemisphere and possibly in the other one as well. I now know that no words, nor deeds can make up what I did to my husband. He recorded it all. That recording is probably going to cost me my marriage. I'm going to try anything to talk Peter into reconciliation. I'm also absolutely certain that you want to see the recording too. Can I come over to you to show it or will you come here, if you can?

Peter isn't here by the way. He slept in the spare and was out of the house before I was up and about. I am quite certain that he is still furious. I'll warn the others to avoid him because I'm not sure if he has his control back. For what it's worth, I'm so very sorry."

"A bit too little, too late. You should've thought about that sooner. I'll be there in an hour. It better be good."

<><><><>

In the meantime, Peter went to war. First, he went to his employer. He explained that he needed to take a few days off for personal matters.

His manager discerned that something was very, very wrong. She'd never seen Peter so agitated. Most people described him 'as cool as a cucumber'. Especially under pressure.

Samantha told him to stay put and walked out of the door.

A few minutes later she was back with the HR manager and said to Peter, "Personal reasons? Peter, I can see that something is very wrong. I also can see that you need to unwind before you are going to do something you will regret later. You can start that by telling us what's wrong. By the way, do you know Becky? She is our HR manager, also a licensed counselor. I'll leave if you want. But be assured that everything you tell stays between these walls."

For a few minutes it was very silent in the office. Peter took a shuddering breath and started, while tears streamed over his face, pouring out his soul. When he was done Becky reacted, "I can understand that you lost your self-control. Anyone would've. I'm surprised that it took so long. Can you explain that?"

Peter, again, thought for a while and answered, "I think for two reasons; I loved my wife and I practice Tai Chi and the first thing they teach you there is self-control, self-control and self-control."

Samantha chipped in, "You just said 'I loved my wife'. Does that mean that you don't love her anymore?"

"I. I. I really don't know. The images of her being fucked doggy style and seemingly enjoying it, still burn in my mind. I'm feeling dead inside."

Becky asked Peter, "What do you want to do now? Do you want a divorce? Do you expect your wife's family to go to the police and file a complaint for abuse?"

"Yes, I'm going to divorce Victoria. I've had enough. I did warn her time after time and she just couldn't stop humiliating me. Now I'm going to give her a piece of her own. And I don't care if they go to the police. The only thing is that I can't trust myself anymore. I'm afraid that if I see one of these wankers, I will lose it again."

Becky looked pensively at Peter and said, "I can arrange some short-term living space for you. Not very plush but you have somewhere to live. That takes a few days. Can you hold out for the time being? I'll contact your wife to advise her to keep the family out of the way."

"Maybe I'll find a motel or something if I think I start losing it."

Samantha came back in after a while. She listened to the reader's digest version Becky gave her and after a minute, said, "I can recommend a good family lawyer. The one that handled my divorce. He is very good. The company will provide a lawyer if your wife's family files with the police. Also, consider yourself on leave until you get the green light from Becky. From now on she is your counselor. Understood?"

Peter was a bit overwhelmed. He mumbled, "I understand. What I don't understand is why you are helping me like this."

"Peter, Samantha replied. "You don't have an inkling how people within this company think about you, do you? Let me tell you that you are very well liked. Respected by everyone working with you for your professionalism. Your adage 'be hard on the contents, but careful with the relationship is what I personally try to live by. You are my role model. Now go and first have a coffee, then go home to pack your things."

<><><><>

Victoria and Elizabeth were having coffee in the kitchen. Elizabeth was swearing vehemently after she viewed the recording. "That lowlife dick, that cheating asshole!" And some other choice expressions of which Victoria didn't even know they existed.

Softly Victoria said to her sister, "I'm so sorry. You were so right. I shouldn't have done it. Now two marriages are ruined."

Elizabeth's head snapped up, "Don't you see? If asshole Kevin is capable of 'half raping' you, what more is he capable of? He was willing to cheat on me with you. It's the pants that convinced me that you were played by the fucker and that you didn't actually cheat, but that moron cheated on me big time. At least in spirit if not already in the flesh. So, I'm going to divorce him just as Peter is going to divorce you. And I warn you. I'll be first in line when Peter is single again."

Victoria went white and bit at her sister, "He isn't divorced yet! You better keep your distance dear sister."

"Oh. I'm no cheater, nor Peter. I'll wait till he's free."

Victoria was completely taken aback by the comment of her sister. She stammered, "You are going to steal my man? Really, my sister is going after my husband?" And her tears started to flow.

Victoria's phone rang. She looked at it. The number was unknown to her. In the hope that it was Peter, she answered it and put the phone on speaker so that Elizabeth could listen in.

"Victoria van Rijn speaking."

"This is Samantha Brevis from Global Constructions. The company counselor and I just had a chat with your husband."

"One moment please?" And Victoria walked out of the kitchen.

When she came back, she was all tears. "That was his boss. Peter has been advised to avoid emotionally strenuous situations. If I can keep my family away from him. What is he doing to me?"

"Victoria! Don't try to play the victim with me. You brought all this on yourself, nobody else.

Peter was the victim. You started it with innocent jokes and harmless pranks.

The pranks gradually got worse and worse. You didn't heed the warnings you got from Peter, me or your sisters-in-law, nor from mum and dad. Now you have crossed the point of no return and you suddenly ask what HE is doing to YOU? Did you actually love the man at all, or was it only your personal punch ball, an easy meal ticket and sperm donor for my niece and nephews? Tell me, did you ever apologize to him for his bruised ribs he suffered from that stupid joke you dreamed up, or the superglue in his hair, or his singed face and burnt eyebrows? No! Of course not. It was all 'just' a joke! And another question, did you ever get to see Peter take part in a Tai Chi competition, or working out? Do you have any idea what his job entails?"

Victoria now was completely off balance. She stammered, "What are you talking about? The bruising of his ribs was an accident. He was tripped. We didn't mean that he fell so hard. And he didn't talk and ignored me for weeks after that. We never meant harm to him.

What about his work? He's some kind of an administrator. What's so special about it? And fighting? Peter, fighting? Don't make me laugh. He can't hurt a fly. That whole Tai Chi business is as soft as a marshmallow."

Suddenly she was very still. She looked stricken.

Slowly all blood drained out of her face when she said, "Oh. Fuck. Yesterday he demonstrated that quite clearly to the contrary. Three men down and he just walked away. With all that commotion I completely forgot about that demonstration yesterday. That's where he got his muscles from, working out? And, no, I don't exactly know what kind of work Peter does. I'm certain you are going to tell me, aren't you?"

"If you had spent time talking to your husband instead of trying to come up with new ways to humiliate him and spending his income, you know that he teaches women self-defense and Tai Chi to children and helps children with their schoolwork. As for his work. Ever heard of the Suez Canal, or Dubai? That company doing the dredging works at those sites is the employer of Peter. And he was the one responsible for the planning for more than one of those gigantic construction works. But no, the only thing you were interested in was how fast you could spend his income. When was the last time you hugged him and told him that you loved him? Do you have any appreciation for the poor man? You just took him for granted. So, tell me, how many lovers did you wear out in the meantime? I know that Peter was in a dry spell for quite a while."

Victoria's face went from white to red. Angrily she said, "I never ever cheated on Peter. I never have. I love him."

Elizabeth retorted, "Why, for Pete's sake, do you treat him like shit? I know it all because Peter and I talked a lot and we don't have many secrets for each other."

They heard a car and looked out of the window. Peter got out of the car and went to the front door. Victoria was paralyzed and before she came to her senses again Peter was up the stairs and in their bedroom. Victoria went after him followed by Elizabeth. Timidly she asked Peter, "You're not working? What are you doing here?"

In a voice devoid of any emotion Peter answered, "I'm on leave for the time being. Within a few days I will have temporary living space. So, I'll start packing my things"

Victoria stammered, "You actually are going to leave me for a prank? No way."

"No, not only for one prank, but all the pranks you and your family pulled on me. Let alone the cheating. That already was more than enough. Now piss off and leave me alone."

"But I love you and you love me."

"You don't love me. You love to torture me, to humiliate me. You love to spend the money I earn. But you don't love me. Me? I don't feel anything for you anymore. Nothing! It all leached out of me when I witnessed your latest 'prank' as you're calling it. The sight of it physically hurts. That is never going to happen to me again. I'll be sleeping in a motel until I have something else. After I leave, you'll be hearing from my lawyer."

With that he turned his back to the women and went on packing. Both women were stunned at the brusqueness and purposefulness Peter showed. They left him on his own.

Back in the kitchen Victoria took a deep breath, shuddered and said to Elizabeth, "You know, he is right. I've been acting terrible toward Peter. I refused him because I wanted him to beg for sex. But that didn't happen. He never did. I see now I acted so cruel. I want to fight for my marriage. I realize I do love him but how do I get that across after all what happened?"

Elizabeth sighted, "I can't help you and understand that deep inside me I don't want to help you. I have a crush on Peter from the day he wacked our brother unconscious. I respected your marriage more than you did. I'll keep my distance until it's absolutely over and that is the day the ink on your divorce papers is dry. Mind you, I'll keep meeting Peter as we always did, but I will not make a pass at him."

Elizabeth left Victoria to attend to her own problems. Kevin was in hospital and she had to drop off clothing and toiletries. She decided to keep the visit as short as possible. Kevin finally showed his true colors and she didn't like it a bit. She resolved to give him as little chance as possible to talk her out of it.

A few hours later.

Victoria knocked on the door of the spare bedroom and called softly, "Dinner is ready."

"Good appetite."

"Don't you want dinner?"

"Not from you."

"I won't poison you; you know?"

"No? I'm not so sure. You tried it before. With the emetic? You remember? I've been sick for two days. Another one of your pranks. Nope, I'm not going to take any chances anymore. I'll eat out."

Victoria ran down to the kitchen, crying.

The next day.

Victoria hardly slept and felt exhausted. She was dreaming up scenarios to get Peter back to her but in the end, she couldn't even talk to him. He was avoiding her like the plague.

Peter was talking to the lawyer Samantha recommended. The lawyer was trying to talk some sense into Peter because the only thing he wanted was to get away from it all. It was a long talk. In the end Peter just gave the lawyer power of attorney with instructions that his wife was to be served when he had a new address and had moved out of the house. He didn't want the emotional fall-out.

Two days later

Peter looked around. The flat was small, but cheap and conveniently close to his office. There was one bedroom, a living room, a bathroom with only a shower stall, a separate toilet, a small kitchen and a balcony, on the top floor. He made one list of what he needed and one with items he liked to have to make his life more comfortable. He thought about buying a bike to commute. He walked back to the office to sign the lease contract. He would get the keys over a week.

When he arrived, he saw Elizabeth sitting behind the reception desk and wanted to slip past her when she called him. Reluctantly he walked to the desk.

Elizabeth looked around to see if they had some privacy and then at him. She said, "Please Peter, don't ignore me. I have nothing to do with your treatment. I always advised against it. Also, I'm going to divorce Kevin. I can't live with a man who is capable of such things like they did to you. I'm not going to trick you into reconciling with Victoria, but you need to know that she didn't have sex with Kevin."

"I don't know Elizabeth. Really. They just try to spin it so they can blame me. That recording tells me otherwise, whatever they try to convince me of. I'm going to divorce her anyway. I've had enough. I'm so sick and tired of it that I gave my lawyer power of attorney. I just want to walk away from it all. I have found a place to live so I will be out of your lives very shortly."

Elizabeth was shocked when she heard the finality in these words. "Peter please, can we at least stay friends? I promise, I won't interfere with your divorce and I really like to see you again. I always liked you very much. Please?"

Peter didn't have to think long and replied with a sad smile on his face and pain in his voice," Of course we can be friends. Shall we have dinner together tonight and talk some more?"

Elizabeth felt relieved. At least Peter didn't shut her out of his life and agreed immediately. Peter walked on to sign the lease for his house.

<><><><>

Dinner, that evening, started a bit awkward but soon the both relaxed. Peter asked Elizabeth, "Are you really going to divorce Kevin?"

"Yes. My marriage wasn't much the last two years. I suspect he already was cheating on me, but I can't prove it. The last prank made up my mind. It was too cruel."

"Do you have a lawyer yet? Otherwise, you can try mine?"

"I'll think about it. Tell me. What are you going to do now? You have a place to live, when do you move?"

"As soon as I know that Victoria isn't around. I don't want emotional scenes, actually I don't want to see her at all anymore. As far as I'm concerned you are the only family left."

Elizabeth asked if Peter could remember when they really started with the bullying. Peter thought for a while and answered, "I think I do. Remember that hike the company organized? About 9 years ago?"

Elizabeth nodded yes. She was there too, and she was just married to Kevin.

Peter went on. "Victoria stayed at home. She had to work. Your parents looked after the children. I think that you remember that we were split in groups on that hike. The people who had no experience went first so that the more experienced men and women could assist them traversing the last and most difficult stretch when they overtook the first groups. You went with the first group Kevin, some other people the second and I went with the last group because I regularly hiked with our children,

I came prepared. I brought my first aid kit, Garmin handheld GPS, a map and my daypack with lots of nutrition bars and a water reservoir with a quarter gallon of water. When I arrived, I put down my daypack to study the assignment and to put the coordinates of the destination in my Garmin together with the route. When I came outside again, I shouldered my daypack. It felt different and way heavier. So, I checked it. Lo and behold there were two bottles of whiskey and a food container I never had seen before. I took the stuff out and handed it over to the coordinator. After that I took off because Kevin and his companions had already long left.

The 15-mile-long route started with an upward slope and soon I overtook them. Kevin was sweating profusely and swearing as I walked by. He also, already, was inebriated. Halfway was a checkpoint where one could take a rest. I clocked in and walked on.