One Joke Too Many.

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The woman said, "Good, then we take him down too. That creep is the leader of a local gang but we couldn't prove it. Nice..."

She looked at Peter while giving him a phone number, "Our agreement still stands?"

"Sure," Peter said. "I flush him out and you catch him at the airport."

Peter never mentioned the other laptop and the keylogger to the woman. He hadn't even needed the flash-drive to copy the local database because of it. He had other plans for that laptop.

<><><><>

To say that Kevin Rhodes was extremely pissed was an understatement. The fact that an 'overseer' was appointed meant that he had taken risks he didn't want to take last Friday. Also, he had to pay-off the arrogant Azerbaijani for his services, bullying the workers into submission. Now he entered his office after a bad and stressful weekend.

Monday morning 5am Peter was in that same office chuckling to himself about the stupidity of not shutting down that laptop. He didn't even have to enter the password.

Peter went to work. He logged on to the bank Rhodes used to stall his stolen money. He deposited everything back into GC's account. When done he changed the password from the bank account, removed the software that cloned the laptop and also the keylogger. He fished some documents out of his briefcase together with his gun and waited.

Kevin saw Peter sitting in his chair, behind his desk, checking his laptop. "What the fuck are you doing here!" He shouted.

Rhodes felt relieved. If Peter was the 'overseer' he could handle him. He already fucked up the man's life good, didn't he?

Peter smiled grimly when saying, "I've been here for a while and I concluded some very disturbing business is going on and you are in the middle of it."

"Like what?" Kevin sneered.

"Scamming and extortion." To start with, I am going to find out very quickly who is involved. Also, I will take over the day-to-day business from now on so you answer to me now. Here is my assignment."

"I'm not going to work under you, wimp. No way. I will resign first."

Peter had trouble keeping his face straight. This conversation was exactly going as he wanted.

"That is a possibility. How much time do you need to make a decision?"

Rhodes growled, "Not. I will resign now! I'll print out the resignation form, sign it and be gone."

Peter produced the documents he prepared and said, "No need. I expected this. So here you are."

Rhodes realized he'd been played but signed anyway, not knowing that everything was recorded. He straightened and grabbed the laptop.

Peter reacted, "That's company property. It stays."

Rhodes smirked, "So sue me." And he quickly disappeared out of the door.

Peter took out his phone, dialed the number the woman gave Peter and said, "He's gone. Resigned and 'stole' that laptop. I need three days to process the resignation. After that he's all yours. Tomorrow I will report the theft to the police."

With this behind him, he introduced himself and Alyana to the staff. Alyana as his 'project accountant' to check the books.

Peter instructed HR to find out who worked on the project and for how long and to process it in a spreadsheet.

He gave instructions how to calculate what Global Constructions owed everyone if they had received twice as much salary. With that out of the way, he asked the interpreter to come with him. He let the man swear to keep silent about what was about to happen.

Half an hour later Peter and his interpreter were invited inside the house of Alyana's parents. After the introductions, the coffee and niceties Alyana's father asked about Peter's future plans.

Peter, without hesitation told the old man, "When this project is finished, I want to go back home, with my bride and her daughter, which I will adopt. Of course, after you gave me your permission to marry your daughter."

Alyana's mother squealed with delight. The man smiled with a tear sparkling in the corners of his eyes. And asked, "You love her and do you think you can make her happy?"

Peter looked solemn when he said, "I do love Alyana very much and Petra stole my heart too. Please Sir. I formally ask for your blessing to marry your daughter."

"You have it my son. We already saw our daughter happier than in the past years. Actually, since her uncle..." The man went silent.

Peter said gently, "Alyana told me. I promise that your brother-in-law will pay a very high price for that. I already arranged for retribution."

Halfway in the morning Peter went back to the office. The spreadsheet was ready. Peter looked at the total. It was about the same amount he transferred from Kevin's account. He went to the bank and ordered the same amount to be ready for collection the next morning. He spent the rest of the day interviewing the staff and trying to convince them that he wasn't Kevin Rhodes.

Taking the 10-hour time difference into account, back in his home office, he called his CEO that evening.

"My assignment comes to a conclusion. I need to tie up some loose ends. The people here suffered a lot because of GC. I want to give some relief besides the backpay. I saw the geological report and we can give them a fresh water well. But I need your approval for the costs."

The reply was immediately, "Do it. It's not all about the money. The reputation of the company is very important to me too. And do you have an idea when you come back?"

"Not exactly. We have to reimburse the people who were underpaid. Rhodes doesn't know it yet but I hacked his bank account and transferred the stolen money back into the GC account. I want to give the money back to the people in person. I need some time to manage the project back on track. I am going to marry here and take my wife and her daughter back with me. Lastly, there is the well. That needs to be drilled and I want that done properly so I'll manage that too."

"Let me know when you move back. I need time to start the handover of my functions to you."

With this call finished he called Meredith.

"Meredith Green speaking, good morning."

"Good morning Mrs. Green. This is van Rijn speaking. I wonder if you can spare some moments of your time?"

"Mr. River. I'm very sorry. I think you have the wrong extension number. It's 45. Please redial. Thank you." Replied Meredith and disconnected.

Peter looked surprised at his phone. He understood that it wasn't convenient and that Meredith didn't want to use his name and couldn't come up with a better alternative. Rijn = Rhine is a river. But what did she mean with extension forty-five? He decided to wait.

Forty-five minutes later he got his answer. His phone rang and when he took the call, he saw it was an unknown number. But the warm voice was unmistakably that of Meredith.

"You stirred up quite a ruckus here at the main office Peter. My word, what a mess. But I am so happy to hear your voice again."

"You found your man I presume?"

"We found our woman. The head of accountancy. She's been skimming the major projects for years. Together with the FBI we raided her office and home. When you called, she was still in my office. I didn't dare to mention your name because we do not know if she has any other accomplices. Now she is in a cell helping the authorities with their investigation. Your work and information proved invaluable. It is so good to hear your voice again. What can I do for you? Are you coming home soon?"

"I think within three months. But I need a personal favor from you. I don't have a place to live. Normally that shouldn't be a problem but I come back as a married man with a ten years old daughter. Is there a way to help me?"

Meredith laughed happily. "Frank is a real estate manager. It shouldn't be too hard for him. What are your wishes?"

They talked for a while; Meredith called Frank for a conference call. Frank said that he had a good idea of what he had to look out for. Peter told Frank that he didn't have a budget in mind but he had a bonus coming so Frank should not be too frugal.

His lawyer had via Meredith all relevant documentation pertaining to the divorce. Now it was time to take another step for Peter with his relationship with Alyana.

He made an appointment at the embassy and planned a trip to Baku for himself.

It had been a long day. Peter felt tired but was also still keyed up. The sun was down and the night was crystal clear. He donned himself in his down jacket, took his telescope to look at the moon and the nightsky. He poured himself a drink and stepped on the balcony and looked at the sky.

He placed the glass on the rail and bent to adjust the telescope's tripod when his glass shattered. only after that he heard the shot. He let himself drop to the floor and scrambled inside.

He kicked the door closed and crawled to his safe and retrieved his Glock. Next, he called the phone number the woman gave him. The call was terse and very short. Peter had to stay inside and was allowed to shoot anything that came onto his house without identifying itself.

Indeed. A few minutes later someone tried to force the front door. Peter shot at the door at knee-high. He heard a grunt and some swearing so Peter took another shot, this time he aimed somewhat higher. There was a shout and noises disappearing in the distance. Peter heard nothing more for a long time but stayed alert.

After a while his phone rang. Peter answered warily, "Yes?"

He heard a familiar voice, "Peter, can you open the door without making more bullet holes in it?"

Peter softly walked upstairs. There he looked out of a window and saw the Azerbaijanis official in front of the door. Quickly he walked down again, carefully opened the door and took a few steps back, holding the Glock trained on the door.

The woman stepped inside and said, "We've got them already. They are both badly wounded. The men didn't expect you to shoot through the door at that level. They were crawling. Well done."

Peter relaxed a bit and immediately got the 'shakes' and became nauseous from the adrenaline withdrawal. He slumped to the floor and let the woman take over.

Half an hour later Alyana's car came screeching to a halt a few feet from the front door.

Seconds later the dark-haired whirlwind shoved the woman and a man aside and took possession of her employer and possible future husband.

Alyana angrily asked the woman, "Have you used him as bait? Just another expendable foreigner? Because it looks good on your resume?"

The woman was taken aback by the furious woman and answered truthfully, "No, no, no. We had your uncle in custody before this happened. I think it was the other foreigner and an accomplice from the bank. And he can't get away. His accomplice was wounded badly by Peter and is talking his head off because of the anesthesia."

Friday evening.

Kevin was furious. He hired two men to take that bloody, fucking Peter van Rijn down and they failed miserably. Now he was on the run. Waiting for a private plane on a strip near Baku. The plane would take him to Belidzhi in Russia. There he could launder his money from his secret account and disappear.

There was a tap on his shoulder. He looked round and saw a woman standing. A few dozen feet away was a car. Next to the car were 3 men all training a rifle on him.

"Kevin Rhodes, you are under arrest. Incite to murder, theft and extortion."

Kevin panicked but the rifles trained on him prevented him from seizing the woman and doing a runner. They bundled him into the car and took him to a police station. He tried there one last trick in the hope that headquarters wasn't aware that he resigned.

Monday morning.

Peter got a phone call from HR that an employee needed help because he was in prison. Coincidentally Peter was in Baku to buy a ring and for a consultation at the embassy about Alyana and Petra. So, he was the designated contact.

That afternoon a smirking Peter sat opposite a seething Kevin. He laughed out loud, "What do you want from me? You're not going anywhere for the foreseeable future. And I am not going to help you."

"You have to. I know for a fact that someone from the head office is going to make it very difficult for you if you don't."

Again, Peter laughed, "You mean that bitch from accounting? She is helping the FBI with their inquiries. Fat chance that she is going to make difficulties. Something else?"

Kevin went from red to white. He shrugged and grinned, "At least my time is worthwhile. When I get out, I can live a relaxed life with everything I saved."

"You mean the money you stole from the company and the employees? Good luck with that. But the joke will be on you."

"What do you mean?"

Peter didn't reply. Instead, he raised, turned to the door and knocked. When the door opened, he said. "Have a good life but remember. He who laughs last, laughs best."

With that Peter, thinking, Good riddance! left, leaving a confused Kevin Rhodes behind.

Next Peter went to a jeweler. together with the goldsmith he designed a wedding ring. Three bands of gold, white, rose and yellow intertwined, forged together with a rose diamond between the bands, symbolizing the three people going to live together. For Petra he bought a white golden ring with a small ruby. The jeweler had boxes of mammoth ivory on display. Peter bought two of those and had them inlaid with gold. On one box, "Will you do me the honor of being my wife?" and the other, "Will you be my daughter?" All in Azerbaijan. The jeweler promised him that everything will be ready by tomorrow afternoon before Peter's drive back.

The last thing he arranged was the wedding ceremony at the embassy for next week. The big wedding would be in the village, if necessary.

Wednesday morning

Peter arrived late yesterday and was worn out. He had one drink, set his alarm clock and let himself fall in bed. The next moment he woke up at the sound of the alarm incessantly beeping. He got up quickly, shaved and showered, took his two, beautifully wrapped boxes, and drove quickly to the house of Alyana's parents where she stayed when he was away.

He arrived just in time, knocked on the door to be answered by Alyana's father.

Once inside he found Alyana and Petra in the kitchen. Alyana rushed into his arms and gushed, "I thought that you left. You didn't say goodbye and nobody knew where you were."

"I'll never leave you, nor Petra. Can we sit down?" Peter replied gently.

Alyana's mother put a cup of coffee in front of Peter together with some bread and honey. Peter gratefully thanked her.

He looked Alyana in her eyes and spoke. "I bought you a present and one for Petra too." He handed the woman and the girl the boxes.

Alyana's parents wanted to leave but Peter asked, "Please stay. You may want to witness this."

Alyana unwrapped the parcel and looked at the little box until she noticed the inlay and read it. She went from red to white and back to red again

Her mother, who looked over her shoulders, saw what was written there and started to cry. Alyana replied, also with wet eyes, "Yes, I will be your wife. with my body and soul and all my heart, because I love you."

She opened the box and saw the ring and was stupefied. Her mother shouted, "Oh, yaxsi c?nn?tl?r. N? göz?l!" (Dear heavens. How beautiful.) Petra had unwrapped her parcel too and was deciphering quickly what was written on her box. She simply hugged Peter and said, "Yes Daddy."

Now it was Peter's turn to get teary eyed. His soon to be mother-in-law hugged him as if her life depended on it. Alyana's father just shook his hands.

Peter started to explain, "We have to marry at the embassy so I can adopt Petra. All documents are already in order. When we come back, we can celebrate here if you want to."

Alyana shook her head, "I only want to celebrate with you, Petra and my parents. The rest always treated me as filth after my uncle. We're not going to cater a party for people who don't deserve that."

A week later.

After a hectic week for both. Peter had a project that needed to get back on track and Alyana got a letter from the 'secret service' woman. In a safe they found a will from her grandfather when she searched her uncle's house. The will stated that half the land he said he inherited was for her parents together with the water rights resting on it. Her mother was furious and Alyana had to keep her away from her aunt.

Finally, Peter opened the door of the hotel. They dropped their luggage and went to the embassy. There, in a small ceremony, they said their vows. After that they finalized the adoption papers for Petra.

Later they played the tourist in Baku and after dinner they went back to the hotel. On the way back Alyana became more silent and nervous. That didn't go unnoticed by Peter and as soon as they were in their room he turned around and asked, "There is something bothering you. Please tell me."

Alyana just stood, arms at her side, head bent and eyes to the ground. She tried to say something, but her vocal cords refused to do their job. Peter took her in his arms and softly whispered, "Are you nervous? Me too a bit. That doesn't matter."

Alyana shook her head and finally the words came, "I'm afraid. I've never been with a man except once. I'm afraid that you will find me ugly and inadequate."

"Don't be. We'll teach each other and learn from each other what we like and don't like. You'll never be inadequate, and I think you are beautiful. Now go and take a bath to relax. Do you want a drink for courage?"

Peter unbuttoned her coat while softly kissing her earlobes. Alyana shivered and replied, "No drink. I'll take a quick shower and lay in bed so you can have a shower too."

Peter decided to keep his underpants on when he got into the bed after his shower. Alyana was on her back in bed under a single sheet. Peter could see the sheets following the contours of her body. Her long legs coming together in an inviting V, her hips, flat tummy and the rise of two firm breasts topped with two prominent nipples poking at the clinging fabric. He stood at the end of the bed and asked. "Can I see you?"

Apprehension showed in Alyana's face, she replied, "I'm your wife. I'm yours to do what you want with me."

Peter curtailed his lust and impatience. "Who told you that?"

"My mother."

"Your mother is wrong." Peter replied. He slipped beside her in the bed and said, "Come here. Let's start at the beginning and just lay against each other."

Alyana slid beside him until their bodies touched. Peter could feel her soft breasts pushing and the warmth of her crotch. He kissed her on her head. She lifted her face and he nibbled her lower lip while his hand softly roamed her side. She giggled, "That tickles." Peter did it again, now somewhat firmer and Alyana reacted more strongly.

Peter saw a way to break the tension by Alyana and started to tickle her in earnest. Alyana squealed until she was sitting in front of with her back against Peter with her knees bent. Peter cupped her breasts and softly massaged them. When he rolled her hard nipples, she rewarded him with a sharp intake of breath. He nibbled her earlobe and murmured, "You like it?"

Alyana felt herself get wet and hissed, "Yessss, please go on."

Peter paid more attention to her breasts. After a while playing with her breasts his hands roamed along her sides to her stomach and further southwards until he reached the thick bush.

He started to caress her thighs and legs. Alyana started to squirm but kept her legs closed. Peter persisted and after a while Alyana let her knees fall to the side.

Peter softly whispered, "You know I love you and there is nothing I will do to hurt you. I will take as long as needed to have you comfortable and relaxed before we take it any further."

As an answer Alyana took his hands, laid them in her lap and pushed them towards her vagina. Peter softly massaged her mound and the outside of her lips until he heard her breathing quickening. Only then he used his fingers to titillate her inner lips. Peter noticed that Alyana was getting wet. Finally, when he felt that she was ready he started to rub her clitoris. Alyana whimpered, stretched herself wide open and started to buck.