One Night in Baton Rouge

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In a way, Kris too hated to wash her off of his body. But the warm sponge bath did feel good, and this turned into another tender moment. He couldn't recall anyone ever washing him after sex. It was very intimate, and Bobby obviously enjoyed caring for him. The magnificent and proud cock now seemed diminutive and passive in her hand, she liked seeing him this way for some odd reason. It gave her a sense of pride that she had such power over him, while at the same time making her feel closer to him and love him all the more.

Finally this day, and this night was truly over. They had gone from strangers to lovers in the course of a long evening. Tomorrow they would leave together and they both silently hoped for many things. Companionship and happiness beckoned and hopefully a long life filled with many more such nights.

*****

Kris woke up just before five in the morning. He was used to it, and old habits are hard to break—although the soft warmth laying next to him this morning made it a lot harder to get up and get moving. But he knew they'd regret sleeping in if he didn't.

He got out of bed as quietly as he could and walked as stealthily as the old floors would allow to his bag. Taking the small bag out that held his few toiletries he slipped out of the room to go to the bathroom.

Bobby stirred and reached to recapture the warm body that had somehow slipped away from her in the night. Not finding him, she opened her eyes to find him gone. For the briefest of moments the thought came that he had decided to leave without her and she felt a rush of panic that erased any lingering sleepiness. Just as she was getting up from their bed, Kris crept back into the room.

Seeing her silhouette in the ambient light from the window, he said, "Sorry, I tried to be quiet. It's almost time to get moving."

Walking to the bed he lay back down, "But we have enough time to lay here and wake up."

Sliding back into the warmth of the bed, and reaching out to touch the smooth skin he knew he could get used to waking up with, they cuddled close in the early pre-dawn morning. Bobby needed to pee in the worst way, but not until she had soaked in that which seemed the more urgent. Just as Kris had marveled at how nice it was to wake up to the warmth of another person, the same thought came to Bobby. After experiencing this feeling for the first time in her life, she knew it was something she didn't want to live without. She didn't dwell on the details of all of that, she just knew this was something that made life feel more whole. It gave meaning to the day.

She was sore from last nights love making, it was a good sore though. It refreshed her memory of how he had indeed played her body as skillfully as he played his guitar. She wanted to be his instrument like that forever, to learn all the songs his hands, and lips and cock knew. And there was no reason it couldn't come true...that was the most wonderful part of all.

"It's about time we should get ready to go. Do you have anything in the kitchen we could take for the road," Kris asked.

The question brought Bobby out of her day dream and she realized she also needed to leave a note for her housemates so they wouldn't panic. Thinking of something to eat, she said, "I know there's some peanut butter and bread. There may be some cereal we can eat this morning. We best get moving, eh?"

"Probably should," he replied.

Kris got dressed while Bobby took care of her morning routine. By the time she was back he was dressed, all packed up and ready to go. He collected her packed stuff and set it by his own, then watched as she finished getting dressed.

They ate some granola cereal then packed a few peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for later. Kris put fresh water in his Army surplus canteen, and stuffed it into the top of his bag. Bobby left the note on the kitchen table and they walked out the door and into a new life for both of them. It felt strange to have someone with him like this, but it was a good kind of strange. They walked down deserted streets, the dawn still waiting to make it's showing for the new day. The only sounds were their soft foot steps and the occasional dog in some backyard sounding the alert of their passing.

Once back on the main road that led to the tracks, there was a little more traffic. Kris was sorry that the weather was so gloomy for her first day on the road, but at least the rain had held off. It also brought pause to his plan to hop a train, if they got stuck on an open car this could be a very miserable day. Empty box cars weren't always that easy to find. Deciding the option of hitchhiking might be better, he said, "You know, with this weather coming in I'm thinking we might want to rethink heading out to the trains and just try for a nice warm and dry ride in a car instead. What'cha think?"

"Not much traffic yet, but we could give it a shot. Why don't you let me do the thumbing though? I hate to say it, but chicks get rides easier than guys do," she replied.

"Sounds good to me, let's cross over to the other side of the road and try to pick up a ride going south. Seems like more traffic's going that way,"

Without much traffic it was more like a leisurely stroll crossing the highway, and they continued heading slowly north towards the trains just in case. But Bobby was certainly right about the difference between having a woman do the thumbing as the first semi-truck that came their way slowed down and stopped for them. He didn't stop far from where they stood and they both ran to catch up to him. Kris helped Bobby up and when she opened the door the driver said, "I'm heading as far as New Orleans and you're welcome to tag along."

"We appreciate the ride, my names Bobby this is my husband Kris, we're on our way west and New Orleans would be a good start," Bobby said with a friendly smile and just a little exaggeration.

"Well, y'all hop in. Just throw your stuff on the bed back there."

Once they were in, and Bobby was settled on Kris's lap in the passenger seat, the trucker eased back onto the highway heading southeast and worked his way through the gears getting back up to speed. They had no sooner got underway before he had to turn the windshield wipers on as the threatening rain finally let loose. It could have been written off to chance, or luck—but young lovers tend to think in terms of miracles and blessings, and that's what both Bobby and Kris did in their own silent ways.

"What's taking you two out west?" the driver asked in the way of casual conversation.

Since Bobby was more of the social creature, Kris let her carry most of the conversation and she replied, "Oh, we're performers and there's just a lot more opportunity out west. We'll probably spend a day or two in New Orleans, since we're going to be there. We'll definitely stop off in Austin to see some old friends, but San Fransisco is the final destination."

"Well, you must be right about opportunity Bobby, you're not the first young'uns I've picked up heading out there. I've been from one end this country to the other, I can say you're making a pretty good call in going out there. That is if you like pretty country. You ever been there?"

"Kris has, this is my first time," Bobby said.

"What kind of music you two make?"

"It's mostly a folk sound with lots of southern country influence. Kris can play most anything, but that's what we do best. I'm more of a dancer myself, but we can sing a song or two together," Bobby said with a little more exaggeration than intended.

"Well, give me a sample. By the way, my name's Walt."

Kris came to Bobby's rescue. She had stretched the facts just a mite tight and now they had to prove her words to be true, "Well, it's too cramped to get the guitar out, I'll play some on my harp and Bobby can sing along."

Pulling his old harp out of a dirty red bandana, he played it soft while Bobby sang some blues. The flapping of the windshield wipers were slapping time, and Bobby clapped her hands in time...and that driver sang along on all the songs he knew. It was a happy trio that made their way south, pushing into the rain that was now blowing hard toward the north. That driver took 'em all the way into New Orleans and even went out of his way to drop them off down in town.

They could have gone west from Baton Rouge, but this was the ride they got and they were in no rush to get anywhere. Bobby had never been to New Orleans, and they planned on spending a few days looking around until their dreams blew them on down the line. It was a great way to start out on their road together—a road that they both hoped would be a long one and last a long time...maybe even a lifetime.

*****

THE END

AUTHOR'S AFTERWORD: As mentioned in the Introduction, this is the beginning of Kris and Bobby's life together. The story event rules don't allow me to finish the tale, just this One Night In Baton Rouge. For those of you who recognize the song that inspired this, you may already know the general ending. For those who don't recognize the song, I think maybe you are the lucky ones...please imagine our lover's future romance just as you wish it to be and then this story can truly be co-authored by both of us. Your votes and comments are always appreciated. ~ yukonnights