All Comments on 'One Night in Las Vegas'

by PennameWombat

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Excellent Writing!

Another story in this event that is outside my usual categories of interest... several surprises to be found, and this is one of them. I hope to read more of your stories in the future. Nice work!

LoquiSordidaAdMeLoquiSordidaAdMealmost 5 years ago
More to come?

The 'Skyhole' drop at the end gave me the impression that this is the prologue to a longer story. Some of the questions were only half answered or hinted at suggesting you have more of this story in your head than you put on the screen. If I have a criticism, it's that I had trouble keeping all of the characters straight. Several of them didn't seem to have much of a purpose, again suggesting you have plans for them later. It was a interesting take on a rebuilt post-apocalypse world that reminded me of the failed TV pilot "Island City" from the 90s. That never got a chance to tell the whole story. I hope you do.

PennameWombatPennameWombatalmost 5 years agoAuthor
You caught me

Yes, @LoquiSordidaAdMe, this is a world I've been trying to work out how to introduce and is indeed part of a much broader thought process. I saw the constraint to do it over a single night as part of the "One Night" challenge a way to force me to try and be succinct introducing this part of the timeline. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

I knew the cast of characters was heavy for the length of this story, to a degree the submission deadline forced my hand in how that played out, I only noticed the challenge a week before submissions were due and took the kernel I had and ran with it. And now, I've distracted myself with the 'Geek Pride' challenge ;)

That said, I hope I answered ENOUGH questions to make this story enjoyable.

I'm not familiar with 'Island City,' I might look it up. One of a few such, I remember 'Flash Forward' from a few years ago as well as 'Ascension,' although neither of those were close to my plot, just unfinished world building.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPennameWombat@PennameWombat
201 Followers
Long-time writer of computer software, technical documents, papers and more boring stuff. Long-time pretend writer of fiction, erotic and other, but never put these latter 'out there.' It's time. Many of my stories take place in what I call "Mel's Universe," after the female l...