All Comments on 'One Night in Las Vegas'

by PennameWombat

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
PennameWombatPennameWombatabout 5 years agoAuthor
You caught me

Yes, @LoquiSordidaAdMe, this is a world I've been trying to work out how to introduce and is indeed part of a much broader thought process. I saw the constraint to do it over a single night as part of the "One Night" challenge a way to force me to try and be succinct introducing this part of the timeline. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

I knew the cast of characters was heavy for the length of this story, to a degree the submission deadline forced my hand in how that played out, I only noticed the challenge a week before submissions were due and took the kernel I had and ran with it. And now, I've distracted myself with the 'Geek Pride' challenge ;)

That said, I hope I answered ENOUGH questions to make this story enjoyable.

I'm not familiar with 'Island City,' I might look it up. One of a few such, I remember 'Flash Forward' from a few years ago as well as 'Ascension,' although neither of those were close to my plot, just unfinished world building.

LoquiSordidaAdMeLoquiSordidaAdMeabout 5 years ago
More to come?

The 'Skyhole' drop at the end gave me the impression that this is the prologue to a longer story. Some of the questions were only half answered or hinted at suggesting you have more of this story in your head than you put on the screen. If I have a criticism, it's that I had trouble keeping all of the characters straight. Several of them didn't seem to have much of a purpose, again suggesting you have plans for them later. It was a interesting take on a rebuilt post-apocalypse world that reminded me of the failed TV pilot "Island City" from the 90s. That never got a chance to tell the whole story. I hope you do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Excellent Writing!

Another story in this event that is outside my usual categories of interest... several surprises to be found, and this is one of them. I hope to read more of your stories in the future. Nice work!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPennameWombat@PennameWombat
Long-time writer of computer software, technical documents, papers and more boring stuff. Long-time pretend writer of fiction, erotic and other, but never put these latter 'out there.' It's time. Many of my stories take place in what I call "Mel's Universe," after the female l...