Only Consenting Adults Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It's just something that someone sent. You have to watch it, then you'll understand."

Jen reached out with glacial slowness and tapped the keyboard. The screen came to life.

The video showed a car in a car park, at night. Whoever was doing the filming was walking up to the car, the frame shuddering and shifting in their hand. Jen didn't recognise the car, but she could make out two people in the front seats, heads close together. The car park lighting kept one face in shadow, but the other was illuminated.

Her mother's voice came over the top of the screen. "That's Harriet."

"Your friend?"

"Yes. This is just after her divorce."

The camera was edging around the perimeter, changing the angle, but still at a distance. It zoomed in further, but the second face remained in shadow.

"Oh no," Jen gasped, "Oh, how could he do that?"

Her mother was silent.

"So that's why," Jen continued, her voice suddenly hoarse as the emotion welled up inside her.

Jen looked up. Her mother had tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry Jen."

"You've got nothing to be sorry for."

"It was a mistake, a moment in time."

"That doesn't fucking matter," Jen snapped, "There's no defence."

"It was years ago, we've moved past it. Or I thought we had until this showed up."

"How?" Jen rasped, "How did you get past it? The cheating is awful, but then the... what? The blackmail? The going along with all this?"

Jen's eyes were on the screen now, watching the two figures kissing. A hand reached out to touch the other's cheek.

"I don't get it," Jen continued, "Why are you protecting him? This fucking law, all the noble intentions, all the bullshit, it's so fucking hypocritical of him. Why are you just going along with it, knowing what it's doing to me? To my family? He doesn't deserve you. He...."

The angle shifted again, and the other figure leaned back. The harsh white illumination of the streetlight played across her face. Jen froze in surprise. It wasn't her father she saw.

It was her mother.

---

[Next chapter: Tia's husband has finally talked her into having another baby. Cassie and Billie take her on a lingerie shopping trip. Meanwhile, Syn has to contemplate whether the new laws mean shutting down the Lost and Found.

Follow me for updates to this and my other stories. If you like what you read, please leave a comment or a star rating. Constructive feedback is always welcome. If you want further adventures, or to check out my other stories, my story page is here]

12