A Wife's Confidence

Story Info
An overheard sexual comment sends a wife down a new path.
25k words
3.17
32.4k
49
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Brian O'Driscoll is the greatest player to ever walk onto the pitch, and I'll die defending that," Porter said, getting overly dramatic. My three mates and I were a few bevs in, despite it being only mid-afternoon. But this was common when we got together like this.

"Porter, for the last time. No one here is going to argue rugby with you. None of us can even name another player," Todd said, slapping the table. The four of us were lined around the breakfast table, looking out to the pool. Normally, we would be outside by the pool, but today, we were content watching the water from the windows. It was a hot June Saturday. All the windows were closed except a single one in the corner of the room.

"You spent one week in Ireland two years ago, and you've been obsessed with that sport ever since. That's fine and all, but you aren't going to convince the rest of us to start watching it," Landon said, annoyed the topic of rugby had come up again in conversation. Porter got the message and let that topic die down. We sat in silence for a bit, nursing our latest pint.

My wife, Madilyn, came into view in the backyard outside the window where we were all sitting. She was wearing a purple halter bikini top and matching high-waist bottoms. Far from a scandalous swimsuit, the ample curves of her body made it a pleasant view for anyone. She was clearing leaves out of the pool in preparation for doing her daily laps. Continuously walking around the pool's perimeter, trying to grab every errant leaf, she gave the boys and me a full 360-degree view of her bikini-clad body.

The boys adjusted in their seats uncomfortably. You could tell they wanted to watch my wife as much as possible but didn't want to be caught staring. They scanned their gaze across the whole backyard with a noticeable pause when facing Madilyn. They also continued to remain silent. The distraction was wholly occupying their minds, along with likely more provocative thoughts related to my wife. I couldn't help but smile. I've long known my three friends are greatly attracted to my wife, although they never speak of it around me. Sure, they may say she's beautiful, and I'm a lucky man. But in private, when I'm not in earshot, or so they think, they speak about her using much more colorful language.

"The way her tits bounce when she walks is incredible."

"Did you see how that dress she wore hugged her plump ass so perfectly? Gods, if I could get my hands on it..."

"Those lips of hers were made to wrap around a cock. Maybe even mine. If only for a single day."

These were all things I heard them say to each other about my wife after pretending to leave the room. Hearing these comments over several years has taught me that I enjoy my wife being admired. Even lusted after. Getting angry at my friends for speaking about her this way has never entered my mind. But I also haven't gotten myself to admit to them I know how they feel about her.

I've shared this information with Madilyn. I was nervous about doing so at first, but I rather her hear this from me than she overhear them sometime. She was dismissive of it. "Guys, talk about all women like that. It's sweet they think I'm good-looking, but they say that about every halfway decent girl they see walking down the street. I'm not special." I tried to explain that I had never heard them talk about another woman like they did with her, but she wouldn't hear it.

While Todd, Landon, and Porter may be trying to stealthy sneak peeks at my wife, I was much more brazen and stared her down thoroughly. How could I get mad at my friends for being honest about how hot she is. Through the cloud of dirty images flowing in my head, a responsible one popped in. I was supposed to add chlorine tablets to the pool's pump this morning.

"Excuse me, boys, I need to do a quick chore. I'll be a few minutes so feel free to grab another drink out of the fridge if you need it." I made my way to the pool pump, which was outside, just out of view of my group of friends. Although I was still in view of Madilyn.

I opened up the chlorine tablet canister but heard Landon comment. "That bikini looks incredible on her. I couldn't design a hotter woman than her." I heard him rather clearly, and I was sure Madilyn could, too. The guys didn't realize that the window in the corner of the room was slightly open. Open enough that the wife and I could hear them.

Madilyn, who was facing towards me at the time, lifted her gaze and we made eye contact for a second. Without saying anything, that gaze communicated so much to each other. I had been proven right. Despite my wife's humbleness, she was viewed with extreme lust by my friends. She wasn't just any woman that the guys thought was hot. She was the woman.

Outside of that brief look, Madilyn didn't react otherwise to the comment and continued with the pool cleaning. The comments didn't end with Landon's single one, either. "I feel like I'm going to mess up my pants just watching her right now. I don't understand how Gary would be able to last more than a second being with a woman like that," Todd added.

"I would pay a pretty penny to get with her. She is hotness incarnate," Porter said, confirming how all three of them felt to Madilyn. She continued with her chore, but I could see the ever-slight smile on her face. She loved the attention.

I finished loading the tablet, but I waited for another minute. The three of them continued to express their lust and what they would do to my wife if she were to allow it. I finally decided I needed to go back in. I entered the house and loudly announced my return to prevent them from accidentally saying anything while I was knowingly around. "Sorry about that, guys. The damn canister top was stuck. Can I get you guys anything from the kitchen?"

Madilyn finished cleaning out the pool and started swimming her laps, putting her body out of view of the guys. With the distraction gone, the conversation returned to our usual, non-sexually charged topics. Things stayed like that with a brief interruption when my wife got out of the pool, now thoroughly wet. It was short-lived, as she put a towel on and went into the door leading to our bedroom. The guys steadily made excuses for why they needed to head out. No more chances to watch my wife, they figured. With that, our small weekend get-together was completed.

That night, Madilyn and I were alone in the bedroom doing our regular night-time routine. I was dying to discuss what had happened with my friends. But I was smart enough to know that coming out and saying something like, 'See, I told you all my friends wanted to fuck you,' wouldn't go over well. I knew my wife well enough that I was sure the topic was occupying her mind as well. If I didn't want her to clam up and refuse to discuss it, I needed to raise it subtly.

"Todd, Landon, and Porter liked your swimsuit. You do look good in it," I said, breaking the silence. Madilyn didn't respond right away, and I worried even that comment may have been too much.

"Do you think you will have them over again next weekend," she said while facing away from me. That was not how I expected her to respond. I figured she would make a small comment acknowledging that my friends did like her and then quickly change the topic. This was something else.

"We hadn't discussed it, but yeah, I think I will invite them over." Again, she waited a bit to say anything back. Was that not the right thing to say? Had hearing those comments make her question my choice of friends?

"You don't have to keep them holed up in the house while I swim my laps. I don't mind them hanging out on the pool deck. They're your friends. I should learn to be friends with them too," she said, still not looking at me while she talked.

"I'll... do that," I responded. With that, she changed the topic to new linens for the bed, and we didn't discuss it again that night. But in just a few sentences, Madilyn had spoken volumes. Not only did she not mind the attention my friends gave her, but she indicated she welcomed it.

The next day, I confirmed with Todd, Landon, and Porter that we should all get together again on Saturday afternoon. The weather looked good, so all three agreed. I gave them no other indications that they would be getting a closer view of my bikini-clad wife. Wednesday night, I made a brief comment to Madilyn that the guys would be coming over again. She responded by saying, "I'm glad to hear it. You have so much fun with them."

A few minutes later, she brought me something. "I got a new swimsuit. I was thinking about wearing it Saturday, but I wanted to get your opinion on it. If you don't like it, I could just return it and wear my usual one. What do you think?" I held up the top, and it was very apparent it would show off more cleavage than her current bikini. Far from pornographic, it would be something you would see some young women wear at public pools and beaches. But it would clearly put more of her cleavage on display. The bottoms were equally daring, especially the backside. Not a thong, however the bottoms would show off more of my wife's round butt cheeks.

If it wasn't clear, Madilyn wasn't asking if I liked the bikini or not. She was asking me, indirectly, if I was okay with her showing off more of her body to my three friends. I didn't understand why, but I was more than okay with it. I liked the idea of giving my friends a treat like this, but more so, I really loved proving to my wife how hot she was. "I think it's great. You should totally go for it. I'm really looking forward to seeing you in this." She gave me a smile and we both were now looking forward to the upcoming weekend.

Saturday arrived, and it was another hot one. I put up umbrellas and made sure we had plenty of ice and cold drinks. I expected my friends were going to get very hot today. "What time are your friends coming over," she asked me as I grabbed a cooler from the garage.

"One o'clock. Just after lunch."

"I was going to do my laps around one-thirty. Unless you think I will disturb you guys." Funny how it worked out that she would be getting into the pool just after the three guys arrived.

"We are just going to be talking about meaningless guy stuff. You won't be disturbing anything." We both knew that her appearance would disrupt everything. While we are out there with her, I don't think another thought besides her will appear in their heads. I could tell, though, that she was still nervous about all of this. Otherwise, she wouldn't have given me another opportunity to ask her not to join us. I felt a lot of things currently, but doubt wasn't one.

On schedule, Todd, Landon, and Porter arrived. They were surprised that I was having us hang out by the pool. "Pretty hot today, isn't it? Do we really want to be outside and not inside," Porter asked.

"It will be fine. I got shade for us to stay under and enough ice to last," I said. Also, my wife that you lust over will be flaunting her body in a skimpy bikini mere feet away from you if you hang out here. Maybe I should have led with that, but it was going to be a pleasant surprise for them later.

Without much more resistance, they agreed to hang out by the pool. All three showed no signs that they knew what was coming. Only occasionally would these get-togethers coincide with my wife's swimming laps. Thus, it wasn't surprising they were still clueless about what would come. The four of us lounged or sat on the poolside furniture and quickly got a couple of drinks in our systems.

"Did you guys see Tanner's lawn today? I swear it's like two-thirds crabgrass now," Todd said, bringing up a common discussion topic of ours.

"I don't understand how you let it get to that point. Three years ago, when he bought the place, that lawn was award-winning. Yet he seems oblivious to how bad it has gotten," Landon added.

"Did I tell you last week I tried to recommend some lawn treatment chemicals to him, and he told me it...," Porter said, but his words trailed off before he would finish.

Madilyn had just slipped out of the bedroom door and was now heading towards us, wearing the new bikini. It was apparent that I overestimated how much it would cover her in my initial evaluation. The top's neckline was very low and showed the entirety of her upper breasts. So much so that it made you wonder if she was using tape to prevent a nipple from popping out. The bottoms had only strings connecting the front and back, meaning much of her outer thigh and hips were exposed. Turning around to close the door revealed the biggest surprise of all. Her butt cheeks were about 75 percent exposed. At the bottom half of her ass, the bikini almost completely disappeared between her cheeks. She was glorious, and I, like my friends, was speechless.

Madilyn wore sunglasses that hid a lot of her expression, but I could tell by her mannerisms she was tense. She was never one to flaunt her body, especially never to anyone but me. This was a very new experience for her. She paid me and the boys no attention as she made a beeline for the pool. She walked briskly, which had the enjoyable effect of making her bikini-clad boobs bounce noticeably.

Getting over my own shock at the lustful sight, I surveyed my three friends. Porter's mouth was still agape from when he stopped talking while Todd and Landon crossed their legs as I'm sure their loins were stirring. Seeing me noticing them, all three started diverting their gaze to their drinks, the opposite side of the pool, and each other. I laughed to myself at this. They were still clueless as to what was going on. Did they think my insisting on us hanging out by the pool and my wife coming out here wearing that bikini was all by chance? Additionally, would I put them in this situation and not expect them to check her out? My friends were overly concerned about not offending Madilyn and me with their gazes. It was respectful of them, but it wasn't what this was about today.

"Honey, that new bikini is amazing on you. Don't you guys think," I said, inviting them to look. Cautiously, they looked back at my wife.

"Uh, yeah. You look great in it," Landon nervously said.

"Very pretty," Porter said as his eyes darted to and from her body.

"Pretty? Is that really the word you would use, Porter? Honey, give us a spin if you don't mind," I said.

"Certainly," Madilyn said with a smile but some nervousness in her voice. Standing only about six or so feet from us, she gave the boys the closest look yet of her body and, most apparently, a large portion of her bare ass.

"Do you still think pretty is the best word to describe her now, Porter?" He looked uncomfortable being put on the spot like this, but I enjoyed teasing him.

"No. Sorry. I meant to say she's gorgeous looking," he said meekly.

"Thank you, Porter, and the rest of you. You really know how to make a lady feel good," Madilyn said, pulling her sunglasses down temporally to make eye contact with them as she spoke.

Per her normal routine, she got out the skimmer and started fishing for leaves out of the pool. Landon, ever the gentleman, offered to help. "Madilyn, I can do that for you if you like."

"Nonsense. You are the guest here. You just relax and enjoy yourself," she quickly replied. Watching Madilyn catch leaves added a whole other level of fun. Sometimes, she would bend over, giving us a nice view of her cleavage. Other times, facing away from us, she would reach out and show off more of her bikini-clad ass. Was she positioning herself strategically to give us these views? Was she often leaning over more than she needed to? Was I going to interrupt the show and ask? Not a chance.

The guys continued to watch but often looked away, still unsure how much they were allowed to stare. "Pool looks pretty clean to me, honey. Me and the boys are anxious to see what that bikini looks like wet," I said playfully.

"I'm sure you are," she replied back to me. She took the suggestion, put down the scoop, and gracefully dove into the pool. She then started her laps, swimming from one end of the pool and back at an impressive speed.

"Man, she is an amazing swimmer. She does close to 100 laps every day. It's how she keeps up that incredible body of hers that I know we all love," I said, nudging Todd. He gave a nervous laugh when I did that. "And in that bikini she looks even more amazing." The guys didn't respond other than lightly nodding. For a few minutes, we didn't say anything. My view never broke from watching Madilyn swim, and the other three followed my lead.

Todd, though, started to feel uneasy about the whole situation and spoke up. "Maybe we should go inside and let Madilyn do her exercise in peace."

Madilyn herself heard this and stopped mid-lap. "No, please don't go. You aren't doing anything wrong, Todd. It's me. I've been the bad host, and instead of interacting with you all, I've been swimming and disturbing your conversations," she said, swimming to the side of the pool nearest us.

"It's your house, Madilyn. You shouldn't change your routine just because we are here," Todd argued back.

Madilyn pulled herself up by the wall and rested her arms on the edge. This put her bikini top back in full display of us again. "How about you hand me one of those beers, and we can call it even Todd? Deal?" Todd could only nod and fumbled for a beer out of the cooler. He approached her like she was an alligator that could pounce any second, handing her the beer with a fully stretched-out arm. "Thanks, big guy," she said, taking it from him with a wink.

From there, Madilyn engaged with us in conversation. It took a bit for the guys to relax and converse with us, especially with her skimpy bikini in full view. Soon, though, we were gossiping about the neighborhood and speculating on upcoming events and news. I watched my friends closely as they would make eye contact with my wife whenever she talked with them. But as soon as her attention was directed elsewhere, the focus on their eyes would drop about one foot to my wife's cleavage. Madilyn, for sure, noticed this as well. Whenever she would turn to a new guy, their head would instantly rise up to meet her eye level. She was also more relaxed, enjoying the attention her body and outfit were attracting.

As we talked, I noticed she would adjust her top every one or two minutes ever slightly. After about ten minutes of observing this, I questioned her. "Everything okay with your swimsuit, honey," I asked.

That prompted another minor adjustment. "Well, I love how this bikini looks on me," she said, looking down at it.

"As do me and boys," I said, elbowing Porter to his embarrassment.

Madilyn continued. "But unfortunately, it's actually a bit uncomfortable."

"Oh, that's no good. Anything I can do to help?" I had no idea what I could do, but it felt like a polite thing to offer. I expected I was about to be in for some disappointment as she would say she was going in to change into something far less revealing. It was fun for a bit, at least.

But Madilyn didn't immediately respond. Instead, she was silent and noticeably broke eye contact, staring off slightly downwards towards nothing in particular. Her hands were brought together at her neckline, and she looked deep in thought, considering something. An idea popped into my head, but that wasn't going to happen. But then it came back stronger. Was she really thinking about doing that? Was I okay with things going that far? Being honest with myself, I knew I wanted it to happen. I begged for this idea I had to come true.

The nervousness Madilyn had before came back twice as strong. Finally, she spoke. "Would...you be willing... to unhook my top for me, Gary," she said just loud enough for me and the guys to hear. Todd let out an audible gasp. My wife was willing to go topless in front of my three friends. Her asking me to help was her way of asking me for permission. And I was very ready to give it.