Only Consenting Adults Ch. 23

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hot chocolate," Aidan responded, automatically.

"That sounds perfect."

Aidan stood, rooted to the spot in Cassie's hallway, watching Cassie helping his wife gently up the stairs. The door closed behind him with a thud.

"Cassie was remorseless at the hospital, Aidan. She managed to talk them into releasing Rosa into her care, since she's qualified," Syn murmured, "And better off here, among friends, I think, than in a ward."

Aidan turned to Syn, struggling to process the vision of his wife being led upstairs, so frail-seeming, so quiet.

"You need to be steady," Syn murmured.

"Okay."

Syn smiled at him. "Hot chocolate," she reminded him, "I think we could all use one."

She chuckled to herself, her eyes on the two women as they disappeared upstairs.

Syn squeezed his shoulder. "Then whiskey," she said, before stalking down the hallway, her long blonde hair flowing around her shoulders and her high heels ringing out like gunshots on the polished wood.

"Helluva day, Aidan," she called over her shoulder, "Helluva day."

---

[Next chapter: Colette begins to put the pieces of the puzzle together. Eve receives a visit.

Follow me for updates to this and my other stories. If you like what you read, please leave a comment or a star rating. Constructive feedback is always welcome. If you want further adventures, or to check out my other stories, my story page is here]

12