Orc Dominion: Conquest Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Your Highness! Your Highness!" A scout cried out to her as he came galloping towards them, trailed by a string of refugees. "News from Heste!"

"What is it? Is their army marching already?" She hadn't expected them to be this quick. She assessed they were still months from being ready.

"No Your Highness, it's a letter, signed by all the Northern Lords, pledging fealty to King Henry Ousten, calling for Belkor to be deposed, and offering to join the Thestan-Sandoran alliance in defeating the orcs once and for all!"

Phillipe grinned at that. "Well that's a stroke of good luck! Do you think the rebellion will spread to the rest of Heste? Or even into Zentara?"

"We'll have to see. We can hope so. But one thing is for certain: this war is just getting started." Amelie looked out to the column of refugees. "Go and see if there are any leaders among them, particularly Rosalind from the Lainaird Tribe. Hers was the first messenger summoning us to the fight."

A short time later, Phillipe returned with an older man and two heavily pregnant women. The elder one's red tresses spilled messily in front of her face, tangled and knotted with dirt and sweat. The deadness in her eyes made Amelie flinch, since in it she saw the look of powerless you can feel only if you once had power.

"Your Highness, this is Rosalind of the Lainaird Tribe, and her niece, Melanie. They lead the tribe. And this is Black Pete. He has been leading the free fighters remaining and managed to liberate some of these prisoners after the main army left their town."

"Greetings, Rosalind. I'm Queen Amelie of Thesta. I regret not being able to get here sooner, but it took time to gather a force capable of defeating the orcs."

For a long moment Rosalind said nothing, and just looked down at the bloody earth. Finally she dragged her eyes up to Amelie. "I'm sure you did the best you could. Is Agmar dead? Did you find his body?"

"Yes, it's not far from here actually." She didn't tell her that she was the one who killed him. She had long since outgrown celebrating in death, or in being applauded for killing.

"Good. Good." Rosalind wrapped her arm around Mel and held the girl tight. With the news of his death a fire began to smolder inside her. "I want the body; it's going to be the kindling for a holocaust which will consume every half-breed bastard in the Hills. No one tainted with orc blood will live in these Hills, I swear it by the Abyss. I don't know how many of our men have survived, Your Highness, but I pledge them all to your army, to slaughtering the orcs and delivering to them the carnage they've inflicted on us. Tell me there will be no mercy, Amelie, tell me won't stop until their backs are broken, their horses lamed, until all the Lands and People are safe!"

A long war indeed, she thought. What will become of us by the end of it?