Orphan Ch. 30-33

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She tried to speak, failed, cleared her throat and tried again. "Alex, there is something you must know."

"Well, tell me, then, and then let me kiss you."

She gestured towards the crib, and saw his eyes fall on it, saw them widen with shock, then, to her vast relief, saw pleasure on his face. He turned back to her, and when he spoke his voice was gentle.

"Our child?"

"Yes. I - " She faltered, but he took the two steps to her and folded her into his arms.

"I hazard you were unsure as to how I would receive this news. Not so?" He laughed. "Silly girl, you make me the happiest man alive. Have we a son, or a daughter?"

Relief flooding her, she smiled. "We have a son."

"His name?"

"Not christened yet, and we have certainly not discussed names of any children we might have, but I thought Alexander, for his father, Nathaniel, for your father, John, for mine, and Silas, because my uncle has been so good and loving to me."

"Alexander Nathaniel John Silas Gilroy?" She nodded. "It has an excellent ring to it, my love, and shall be his name. But us? When can we wed?" He reached for her. "And when are you going to kiss me?"

Laughing she fell into his arms, raising her lips for his kiss, a kiss that burned, demanded, promised, and brought a heat to her that she had almost forgotten.

"Can we share a bed tonight?" he murmured into her hair.

"If your son allows it," she said. "He is most demanding of being fed regularly."

Gilroy laughed. "He takes after his father, then." He kissed her again, gently, and then released her. "I would hold my son?"

When she laid the sleeping baby in his arms, Roxane almost cried with happiness, seeing the love and care with which Alex Gilroy held his son. He smiled up at her.

"He is so small."

"He will grow, God willing." She laughed. "He did not feel small when I gave birth to him!"

"Ah, my love, would that I had been here."

"Would that you had, dear Alex."

There must have been a note in her voice that caught his attention. "Has there been talk?"

She wouldn't pretend. She nodded. "Yes, there was talk, but I ignored most of it. Most, for some of it was to our benefit."

"I take it some wasn't?"

"Quite so, but never again to my face after Uncle Silas lost his temper."

"Silas? Tell me more."

"A woman, a customer of Mr Jones. She made some audible comment about loose morals when Uncle Silas and I were in the shop. I was visibly pregnant, and Uncle Silas lost his temper when she spoke." Roxane smiled. "I remember his words so well. 'Madam,' he said, 'apologise to my niece this instant. She is not and never has been of loose morals. Her betrothed saved her life on the day they met. Within two weeks of that she had twice saved his life. Such an introduction tends to produce strong emotions, which I doubt you have ever felt in your life, madam. They were planning to marry when he had to sail. Sail, indeed, because the Navy, the Navy which protects your shores, madam, because the Navy needed him elsewhere. They had two snatched nights together before he left. Yes, she is pregnant, pregnant and blooming, and prays for her betrothed's safe return every night. As do I, not because her acquiring a husband will stop these vile comments, but because she loves him, loves him with her very being, and he loves her, as anyone with half a mind would realise, seeing them together. I say again, apologise'."

"Did she?"

Roxane smiled. "No, she stalked out, pretending offence. I think it was the chorus of approval which greeted Uncle Silas's comments which offended her most. Quite a few of the other women always made a point of greeting me, openly and welcoming, after that." She gave him a wry smile. "I still felt very lonely without you."

"And will be again, I fear, but not for long, this time, and not until we are wed. My love, would you care to live in America?"

Startled, she stared at him. "In America? I fear I know nothing about America, but if that is where you go, then that is where the baby and I follow."

"I plan to resign my commission soon. With my prize money, and my inheritance, I have enough money to establish us. John Jenkins, and Molly of course, will come with us, for John and I have plans for the future. Your uncle would welcome a trusted agent in America and there are those in America who would welcome such an agent as Silas in Europe, now that peace is restored. But that is for after the wedding, and after I leave the Navy. For now, though, my love, our priority is the wedding."

*

One year, three weeks and two days after their two nights of love, Roxane Lucille Harrison and Alexander Nathaniel Gilroy were finally joined in holy matrimony, in a joint ceremony with John Peter Jenkins and Molly Catriona Dubois, two months after Bonaparte's army had been finally defeated at Waterloo. Roxane was wearing Elspeth's dress, although Mrs Trevelyan had been obliged to loosen the bust to make room for Roxane's milk-swollen breasts. The little church was packed, for a substantial number of Alex Gilroy's crew were present, as well as a goodly number of locals and in the congregation Alexander Nathaniel John Silas Gilroy gurgled contentedly in Mrs Trevelyan's arms.

Seven months later, Alex and Roxane, with young Alex, and John and Molly Jenkins - visibly pregnant - sailed for America aboard the schooner Pelican, no longer in Naval service and now owned by Gilroy, Le Tessier and Jenkins, and captained by Sam James, and eleven months after their arrival in America, in their farmhouse in North Carolina, Roxane gave birth to a daughter, Elspeth Roxane Lucille Elizabeth Gilroy.

* * * * *

And there I draw this tale to a close. It may be that I write more about the Gilroy family, or maybe not. Time will tell. Constructive feedback welcomed, and a vote would be nice. Go on, it's only a couple of mouse clicks!