All Comments on 'Out of Bounds Pt. 04'

by Benultimo

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
JaceyTreyJaceyTreyover 3 years ago

How unsatisfying. You have this in the wrong category. There is no romance here. It's an erotic coupling. And I've really tried to make a connection with the male protagonist, but I can't even remember his name. There's no emotion in this story, there's no love, or loss, or joy, pity, sorrow. It's dry. This comes off as a travel log. No sentiment, no connection. It's a dry list of facts. In an earlier chapter, it was declared there was no romantic future for them, so why continue?

This seems a tale of a woman's liberation told from an almost uninterested male's perspective. Uninterested save for the sex. Are we supposed to stand and cheer this man as he unleashes a woman's desire? Are we supposed to care about him? Why? Is he even capable of love? Good for her getting her own on her vacation. This should be about her. From her perspective.

I really tried, I put in conscious effort, in reading this story. All 4 parts. I ended up treating it as I do when I read tech manuals. I pushed through, just to get information. I got information. For me, I saw a repressed divorcee find her sexuality, but through a most unfortunate means: an emotionally unavailable, horny man. He showed a hint of jealousy, but repressed it. That's it.

Then to end it with an absolutely unbelievable, "I love you" at the end? Really?

Sentimentality in a romance story is a GOOD thing. Especially because we live in a world that represses sentiment. We are taught to not become emotional, not to become attached, not to attach love to random sex hookups. You did an excellent job of that. Until you threw in the "I love you". You, in no way, led me to believe this man loved this woman. You told me what he did. You told me he avoided her. You TOLD me he was too busy. My point is, you TOLD me. You didn't show his inner thoughts as to how he missed her, or even how he tried to purposefully AVOID missing her. There's no angst, there's no struggles, there's no frustration. It's just a diary.

There could have been so much more! I longed for so much more. I was hoping.

But the sex scenes were well written. So, in that sense, it was erotica. Certainly not romance.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The fourth chapter in this marvelous story is truly moving. This is an excellent romance story from start to finish.

KingCuddleKingCuddleabout 2 years ago

Delicious!!||

Thank you!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBenultimo@Benultimo
I have had a now too long but varied, interesting and fortunate life. I have been a school-failure, migrant, cabinet-maker, mature-age student, teacher, academic, historian, etc., etc. As a husband I was found wanting, as a father, friend, companion less so. And I have always ...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES