All Comments on 'Outback'

by UltimateSin

Sort by:
  • 374 Comments (Page 4)
AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I really liked this story except the daughters part could have been written better. First off had Katie decided to really leave and go back to her father why didn't she just go to the authorities? They would have to seriously investigate a claim of kidnapping and she could have given her father's name so they could contact him. Also that brings up the father changing his name. No one who has a child who was kidnapped would ever change their name in case the kid looks for them. The police also would have checked with the airport and had the video surveillance checked. Those are huge errors with this story. I would have given five stars but you didn't do any research into a subject you clearly have no clue about.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A stunner. Loved every part of it. Seriously, thank you.

LewwwdTendenciesLewwwdTendencies9 months ago

If this is a first Romance story, then I can't wait to read more of them. Absolute tear-jerker. Multiple times at that. Cheers!

Rwslacker48Rwslacker489 months ago

One of the best stories I've read. Thank you.

01Timber6701Timber679 months ago

Great story, if this is your first time doing this, then keep on doing it,, awesome job and I love the ending when she comes home

5⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Have never commented though I have been on Literotica for years. Best character and plot development I have yet read. Sorry I couldn’t give you a 6 or even 7.

peter54peterpeter54peter8 months ago

great story, not sure you could have done better

245624568 months ago

Good lord, what a story! Fabulous. Hope, despair, love, sex, retribution and reunion. I laughed, I cried, I immediately read it again. Thank you so much for sharing. 5/5, only because they don't let us rate any higher.

cherupatcherupat8 months ago

What a story! ⁵/5

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Amazing story. So much pathos. Katie is just the best daughter to her father. Hands down.

drseaknightdrseaknight8 months ago

You are a true artist. You broke my heart in the first pages and I hung with you through the dark times and I was completely surprised at how you brought life back to a man so broken. The lesson of loving and never giving up hope paid off twice and you did it with humility and love. Thank you. I'm going to explore the rest of your artwork.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Exceptionally well written; few editing errors. Great story. One big bit of confusion and one small. The small is just a bit of Aussie slang in the middle of the story - what's the RSL? Not sure I understand it even after Googling it.😁 The bigger confusion was at the beginning of the story, I didn't realize that Sally was Katie's birth mother until it was revealed much later in the story. Thus, i was very confused was to why the police were not taking a bigger interest in the fiancee disappearing with Marks daughter. In the end, you brought all the pieces together, including the forged documents to tidy up the story. In any case, I really enjoyed the story. 5 stars! ⭐

Mfj

chris73170chris731708 months ago
loved it

the start of the story was hard but once her meet bill and ely and cathy things started to turn around. you are a great writer

KahunabobKahunabob8 months ago

Holy smoke. First off, let me flip you the biggest bird ever for making me read over half this story needing windshield wipers for my glasses. And I mean that in the nicest, most respectful way I can. Bud. What a story. Characters you absolutely love to hate from the first second they appear "on paper". The rest of the cast you love from the get-go. This could easily be adapted to a movie or an HBO miniseries. Lord, the absolute hell Katie had to have gone through. Not to mention Mark himself. Bless his adoptive parents and his wife for picking up the pieces and helping him heal. 5/5 and an instant favorite story.

Corny1974Corny19747 months ago

Well, I'm known for being a big softy, but I don't cry easily. Reading this changed that. I have cried so much at this wonderful story. Masterpiece in my eyes. Loved it. Thank you.

WolfbeckettWolfbeckett7 months ago

In the top three stories I've read on this site. At first I thought the romance between Cathy and Mark happened way too quickly... and I still kind of think that, but, at the same time, after finishing it I see that there was still so much more story to tell and having their romance happen at a more reasonable pace would have added too many words. I can overlook it given the quality of the rest of the story. Aussie slang still throws me at times but otherwise I found it very touching. When he finally reunited with his daughter I almost lost it.

I look forward to checking out some of the author's other works, some of them are in categories I'm definitely not interested in but it looks like there's a fair few I can look forward to. Thanks for sharing this wonderful story with everyone!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Brilliant loved it.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Have read this story multiple times. Shed a few tears every time. You are an extremely talented writer! Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

That was an amazing story. I cried several times throughout that & yet still came away (mostly? bittersweet due to what was lost along the way) happy at the ending.

The most moving story I’ve read on here.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Meh.. 3/5. The "alternating perspectives" theme is nuanced and kept me reading due to the novelty. Sadly it doesn't grant the reader enough of a mental salve to treat the 120-grit sandpaper scrub's worth of wear and tear on one's attention span caused by the bloated, droning redundancy of constantly re-stated plot points. Shave away the sheer FILLER of this plot and you're left with a 4-page journal entry, whereby a man is heartbroken, but is better within a few months, and then reunites with lost family a few years later. Padding isn't penmanship, but keep writing, you'll improve. Q~

Hiram325Hiram3257 months ago

Really very good. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I’m almost a 68 year old man. I had tears in my eyes several times during this story. I’m only giving it 5 stars, however. And that’s only because I it won’t let me give it 10 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Excellent story. Used 4 Kleenex.

Cracker270Cracker2707 months ago

A truly well crafted story. Perhaps a tad wordy but then aren’t we all here because of a love of words. One thing for sure, it represents just one hell of an effort. Thank you

Aussie1951Aussie19517 months ago
Second time read

And still a brilliant ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️story, even though I was pissed off at you by turned Katie into a fucking Dyke.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I liked the redundancy, took me about a week to finish reading so a refresher was helpful. A bit torn between liking and disliking the revenge angle. Just disappearing would have been fine with me. However, making the villains sweat over being charged was kinda sweet.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

as good as any other stories i've read .

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

That was damn good enjoyed the hell out of it. U dun gud.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

UltimateSin's stories never fail to impress me. This one was particularly emotional. I can never quite believe the things the wives in these kinds of stories do to their loving husbands. Like an almost unfathomable level of insanity and cruelty to do that to someone you've built a life with. I can only pray I never experience such a horrifying thing. Yes, his parents were the masterminds, but Sally was a horrible person in her own right; it would only have been a matter of time before she betrayed Mark, though I'm sure it wouldn't have been quite as devastating. In any case, horrible people all around.

Mark's parents truly were some of the most fucked up humans conceivable, to do such a thing to their own son, and also take away his daughter out of spite simply because he wanted to forge his own path in life. Ugh makes me sick.

"You were always there with me, daddy. In my heart." Alright, guess this one is gonna make me cry, too. Not a great day for the ol' tear ducts. So many tearjerkers read today. :'( That diary entry tugged on the heartstrings, too. Anyway, a great story. It's just such a shame he missed out on most of his daughter's early life, but at least they found each other again and they all lived happily ever after.

xtrail65xtrail657 months ago

Aussie1951, get over yourself, “Fucking Dyke?” Get your head out of your arse and with the times you bigot.

Second reading and I still love it, I love the fact that Katie is gay, I know a lot of gay couples and they are most times a lot happier than a lot of straight couples I know.

DOC226DOC2266 months ago

Just read "Outback". I can not believe this was your first attempt at Romance. Once I started reading it was hard to stop. I would rank it in the top 3 on this site. I cannot wait to read more of your works,

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Please! More! A Lot More!

Yes, we know that Romance is not your main category, but you obviously sooooo excel at these deep and extensive Romance Love stories.

Please allow yourself to write a few more creative Love stories of Romance that so touch your readers.

Much appreciated and made us very misty at so many times.

Thank you.

inka2222inka22226 months ago

Sorry, 4 stars. It was awesomely written and as a Romance was very good. I really really wanted to give it 5 stars the quality deserved, but you significantly degraded the enjoyment by completely letting the criminals slide 99% without any downside. There was absolutely zero reason for the characters (or the author) to forego the revenge that the closing chapters kept promising.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Great story, thanks for writing and sharing.

golasgilgolasgil6 months ago

Great story which I was lucky to rediscover. The only thing I'd have liked to see done differently was the amount of vitriol from Katie at the end to Sally. I think I'd have gone with more pitying the evil bitch and a more tangible revenge by going through with the legal threat. But it's your story and it's a really good one.

greenbeardlkgreenbeardlk6 months ago

well written story. would have given it 5 stars, but making the daughter lesbian did nothing for the story. so 1 star don't need the woke angle.

Richard1940Richard19406 months ago

Good story, well written. Thank you. 5*

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now6 months ago

I loved this.

Another great tale from this author!

Wish Sally had more happen to her... but that's just my btb side coming out.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A well written enjoyable story. Well done. Thank you

FandeborisFandeboris5 months ago

I don’t think I have seen this many comments in a story before. And it is not that old.

All I can say is this is one heck of a story.

I don’t think I can add anything that hasn’t been said before.

So with as much respect as I can give DITTO. To all before me.

Big_Tim99Big_Tim995 months ago

I just read this again and I love most of the story. However I agree with greenbeardlk the lesbian angle wasn't needed. She was emotionally abused for most of her life, I think it would have been better to have her find a partner after going through therapy. I think it was an attempt to show whether he loved her as she was instead of how he thought she should be.

I think he proved his love by never forgetting her for thirteen years.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Excellent story. I read it twice. The first time about a month ago. loved it and used at least 4 kleenex.

PhredDaggPhredDagg5 months ago

Bloody hell... you sure your not a Kiwi? If the Ausies can claim Phar Lap and Russel Crow I think we an claim you, Blood good job mate!

WriterPerson314159WriterPerson3141595 months ago

That was insanely wonderful.

XluckyleeXluckylee4 months ago

Your story is a great read. I would not change a thing. Your story made me feel, sad, Angry, happy, and hope. Any story that can make a reader have that many emotions is truly worth at least 5 stars from Xluckylee

Flyboy4468Flyboy44684 months ago

Every time I read this story....

Which is very often......I always have the deepest emotion when Katie and Mark dialysis reunite. As a romance the story is great on its own but the level of emotion it invokes in my is phenomenal. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A lovely, moving story. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Simply fantastic. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Beautiful.

Thumper94Thumper944 months ago

I would have liked the story more without the lesbianism thrown in at the end.

To me it fit in with the overall theme of an otherwise excellent tale.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

@Thumper94 It is just real life, not thrown in to have it, but rather just another way thing that can happen. I don’t see the issue with that.

GardenshedGardenshed3 months ago

Wow that is all I can say! Thanks for sharing.5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

other2other1other2other13 months ago

Fifth time, and this is still an amazing story

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This the second time i read this story. The first time was two kleenex, this time it was three. A totally enjoyable story. Now on to your next story.

MaultascheMaultasche3 months ago

I read this story many many times. And still it is so moving and a most beautiful work to read. Congratulations, I love the story!

texlootexloo3 months ago

This was a wonderful story, celebrating love. I reminded me of why I love my wife, my children, and our extended family. I was truely touched. The extended ending was worthy of Tolkien himself. Thank you for sharing your art worth us.

chasbo38chasbo383 months ago

I enjoyed this story.

Hope to read more of your work.

Gadf77Gadf773 months ago

Yeah, you missed a word here and there. Also mixed up a name once or twice. But it was damn well worth it !! Quite the emotional story. And I was happy when I read his daughter hadn't forgotten her father. Plus she came back to him 🥲👍.

Sshine32Sshine323 months ago

I come back to this story every so often. It still evoques tears and anger and just plain love. Such a wonderful story. Too bad I can't give it 5 stars ever time I read it.

goodshoes2goodshoes23 months ago

Second time through. First was at least a year ago. Better the second time. Phew! Damn good writing. Please keep going with more. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

FANTASTIC! 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Just read for the fourth or fifth time!

Still gets me sniffling!

5*

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Didn't like the lesbian added to me it took away from the story. He should've went back to his so called family and filed law suits against them for forgery.

oldgraycatoldgraycat2 months ago

Great story, lots of ups and downs, and some crying.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Really sweet! Thanks for writing it!

oldebarristeroldebarrister2 months ago

One of my favorite stories—I re-read it at least once a year.

DessertmanDessertmanabout 2 months ago

A great story, but would have benefited from better proof reading and editing.

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

Third time and still brings tears, not bad for a tough 75 year old pops, he thinks

Cracker270Cracker27025 days ago

Reread. I lost this one a couple of years ago. Just found it again today. In my favorites now. Great story thank you

daves_not_heredaves_not_here23 days ago

Holy crap! Intense story!

I really enjoyed it!

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

Thank you so much for your wonderful story. As a 70 year old man, I'm not afraid to admit that I cried a lot.

wilson711wilson71116 days ago

WOW!!!!! This is absolutely one of the best stories that I have ever read. Romance, suspense, loving wives (both actual and extreme unfaithful) with tremendous character development.

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

Best story I have read in years. I have read it 3 times and it gets better each time. Props to you for your writing.

roveroneroverone7 days ago

Wow!

great one... and long...and number of comments shows not alone in liking...

really likeable characters-well most all...

enjoyed Katie and her wife teasing her dad...and that they waited so long 'to do it...'-!

really surprised haven't run across this author before...easy 5/fave

going to have to backtrack to see how got here ....think it might have been An Unexpected Reaction-another strong stand-up guy getting hosed

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userUltimateSin@UltimateSin
Been over six months since I've updated this and thought I should let people know what I'm up to. Stories to come: Abyss. Single chapter. Incest. Apex. Multiple chapters. Multiple categories (starting in Incest). CURRENTLY WRITING AND MAIN FOCUS FOR NOW. Blind Date. Multip...

SIMILAR Stories