Outback

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My father had long ago allowed himself to feel emotions again. When I'd handed him his first grandson after I'd given birth, he wept. Once he handed him back, he kissed my forehead, whispering he loved me even more. I knew what he meant. His little family was now even bigger.

It was a glorious spring day. It was warm but the breeze off the ocean kept the worst of the heat away. Nearly everyone headed into the water for a swim before gathering back on the sand. A cricket bat and tennis ball was pulled out of a bag for everyone to play a game. The portable barbecue was set up so the meat could be cooked. Snacks were opened and shared around. No-one really drank. It wasn't needed.

Dad put on a shirt and shorts, took my hand, took the hand of his wife, and led us away from everyone. We walked for a few minutes, both of us eventually snuggling into the side of the man we loved above all else. Mum loved him so much, you almost dreaded something happening to either of them. But my love for daddy... My wife joked she still wondered if she'd wake up to find herself alone, heading next door to find me snuggled up next to Mum and Dad. I'd done it often enough at the farm. Cathy thought it adorable, making up for all the times when growing up that I'd miss his hugs to keep me safe after a nightmare, or the tickling and cuddling of a morning when I'd come in to wake them up.

We stopped, taking in the view of the ocean, standing in silence as we listened to the waves breaking on the shore. A light wind kicked up sand into our lower legs. "I love you both so much," my father said softly, "I honestly don't know how to put it into words. The easiest way to put it is that you both kept me alive. You took a broken man, Cathy, and put him back together with nothing but all the love you had in you to give to me. And your love for me is what kept you going, munchkin, as much as it was my love for you." He sighed. "I don't just have one best day of my life. I have too many. The first best day was the birth of you, munchkin. I remember the promise I made, that I'd work my arse off for you to provide the best life I could give. I believe, despite the trials and tribulations, I've kept that promise. The next best day was marrying my wife. I hope I lived up to my vows."

She kissed his cheek. "You've done so much more than that," she whispered, hearing the catch in her voice.

"Next after that? Seeing my sister for the first time in five years. The guilt has diminished from both of us, but we almost have to reassure each other from time to time. Everything is now okay. We're family again. The woman I see now is not the one I grew up with. Best days after that? Birth of my other four children. Honestly, my heart is just fit to burst most of the time just walking into a room to see them together. Best days after that? Reuniting with my first daughter and every day since then. No matter how hard life gets at times, even with the comfortable life we now have, I just remember who I have waiting at home for me." He kissed my cheek. "My first born." He kissed his wife deeply. "The absolute love of my life," he murmured.

"I love you, daddy," I whispered, kissing his cheek. I then left him with his wife, walking back as my wife walked towards me. Giving me a soft kiss, I turned to see my father and his wife. The stroke of his fingers over her ear. Caressing her cheek. The look in their eyes. I'd never seen two people more in love. The kiss they shared... If there was anything that expressed the love those two shared, it was in that kiss.

I cuddled into my wife. It wasn't awkward watching them. It was just two people still deeply in love with each other. They eventually did notice us watching, both of them chuckling as Cathy laid her head against his chest. "I love you too," she mouthed in my direction. It was either too or two. It was probably both.

Taking my hand, my wife led me back towards our family.

*****

A/N -- Holy crap, for a first romance story, that was over 40000 words. I hope you enjoyed it the entire way. Edited it all as best I can, but with so many words, there might have been an error or two I missed. Apologies for that.