Outer Banks - Road Trip 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The second envelope was postmarked only five weeks ago, again from Tennessee. When I opened the flap something fell, out onto the bed. The tanzanite earring. Marjorie had put it in the envelope. I read only the first few lines written in perfect small script and knew I had made a mistake. It was a love letter and from a woman named Lauren. After reading more, I'm sure that Lauren had visited while I was away. More than sure, the letter discussed her travel plans. I did not, but should have, looked at the letter from Maine.

~~

Now as I'm walking on the beach in the dark I'm thinking that she has really always been honest with me, perhaps too honest. When she told me about past relationships with women, sometimes with her husband, sometimes without him knowing, I thought at the time, that she was just testing me, testing my own openness. The reality was that she was telling me who she was, what she valued. She was telling me there were Julies and Laurens and perhaps others, in her life and I had to be able to accept that.

Somewhere along the way, Marjorie told me while discussing her husband, that her relationship with him was, what she thought, was very traditional with him almost always taking the initiative in sex. Her "other life" as she put it, the women in her life over the years, the times with both her hubby and a woman was just the opposite with her taking a decidedly dominant role.

I wonder if this traveling in an RV and not having first discussed it with me is a sign of that dominance. Have we moved into a relationship where she will call the shots and I will go along? Let it go Robin, let it go.

~~

Walking back I really start to feel I have this sorted out. Marjorie has asked me to join her on a journey of indeterminate length to places not yet defined. What could go wrong? She has been as clear as I can expect that there are other people in her life and that our relationship on that journey will not be monogamous but she wants me in the passengers sea.

I must have been in a fog of thought or perhaps it was because I was walking toward the rising sun but I did not see Marjorie until she was very near. "Hey girl, I woke up alone, you were gone and I was worried." She takes my hand and says, "You never said yes to my offer of a life on the road and last night you did not tell me you love me. Are we ok?" Her hand is warm and firm in mine and as I look at her the sun catches in her eyes and I answer, "Yes, we are ok but I need to tell you that you are more than a friend and I love you and we need to talk about what that means."

She stops, kisses me lightly and says, "Let's go home and talk, I haven't even had coffee yet."

We walk into the rising warming sun and I'm hopeful.

As we are making fresh coffee she is talking about a campground she knows of in the interior forests of Maine. She talks about hiking the trails as though it was like walking the beach. Mostly she is talking, I think to avoid talking about me or letting me talk.

I'm first to the deck, just in time to see a young family sneak onto the beach between houses and set up for the day. I love to watch happy families enjoying each other on vacation.

Marjorie comes out, sits beside me, and asks, "Tell me what you are thinking, what you were thinking as you walked the beach earlier."

"I'm not sure where to begin but.........maybe I should start by saying something about me you should know."

"A couple of years ago a man I knew, and came to love, asked me to marry him. He and I had never really talked about long term expectations as a couple. When we did we found that our real expectations if we, I, was honest were not compatible. He expected a monogamous relationship and I just knew that was not going to work for me. Call me what you will but I have learned that I am bisexual in sex but a lesbian in 'love.' Sure I loved him but sooner or later a woman would come along and I would leave him for her."

I was not sure this was making any sense but as long as I am really screwing things up, why not continue.

"Before that when I met Beth she and I started out as friends, became lovers and then a couple. Again I screwed up and did not understand what she needed. I was fine in what I thought was a monogamous relationship with her but she needed more. It hurt when I thought she was cheating when in reality she was, like me, just being true to herself."

"So, a few other people in between, nothing serious, and along came you Marjorie. At first I had no expectations of life with you. You meet my every need sexually but not exclusively, at least not yet, if that makes any sense. There are not now but may be other women in the future for both of us I guess."

Marjorie started to speak but I asked her to let me finish.

"So I want you to know that I know about Lauren. I didn't mean to snoop it just happened."

This time she stopped me.

"I know you learned of my visit with Lauren. I left the clues for you to find. I saw that you found the letters. How many did you read?"

"Just two, the one from a woman named Julie and the one from Lauren."

"None of the others?"

"No, no, just the two."

"Robin, trust me, I want to be with you. There were always a half dozen or so women in my life at any given time and none knew about the others. Most were married and couldn't risk a sexually transmitted decease and neither could I. Those letters were from some of the people in my life, each one sent to me after my husband died. Since I moved here and met you I have not contacted or been contacted except the letters by anyone but Lauren. Yes, Lauren came here to visit and yes we slept together."

Long pause, deep breath, "So I'm just going to get this out.....while Lauren and I were making love I was thinking about you. No, not that you were in bed instead of her but rather that you were with in bed with us."

We both sat and looked at each other while the family on the beach played in the surf.

Finally I said, "Ok, I can live with that."

Marjorie said, "Before you say that, let me explain." Without waiting she continued, "Lauren is much younger than us. She is my sons age."

Of course my mouth is in gear before my brain, "I like young women." I laughed lightly but she put he finger on my lips.

One more sip of coffee and she led me back into the house and the bedroom.

As we entered she turned off the air conditioner, turned on the ceiling fan and opened both windows to their fullest. No one could see us but we could hear the children playing on the beach. When Marjorie turned toward me she took both of my hands in hers and pulled them around her waist. Then she held me and we kissed standing under the fan at the foot of the bed. No rush, no urgency, just loving feelings and warmth. When our first kiss ended she put her cheek on mine and said in a very low voice. "I love you baby!"

We were on the bed and slowly removing what little clothing we had on. As one thing went on the floor the body part it covered received a kiss, a touch a squeeze. Her hand was on my thigh and when she moved it between my legs I spread my legs almost automatically so she could take what she wanted. I pulled my knees back and up a little to make it easy for her to please me, first with her hands and fingers then with her lips and tongue. There was an orgasm there and then another for both of us. We explored each others bodies almost as though we had never been together before. Sweaty and spent we laid side by side with the fan trying it's best to put out the fire.

Marjorie said, "Are we going to Maine?"

I, of course said, "Yes we are!"

Marjorie said, "You didn't read the letter from Maine?"

"There was a letter from Maine? Should I have read it?"

"You'll see when we get there."

~~

This is the next story in this series, Outer Banks -- Road Trip.

It seems there is much to do before we can leave to start this new life. Marjorie makes a list. Of course we must pack what will come with us and put all that remains in storage. Both cabins will go on the rental market and one, mine of course, needs to be depersonalized. "Voodoo," my car, will remain temporarily in storage with a friend.

I actually had never really thought about what it would take to decouple myself from my worldly goods and with everything pretty much headed for sale or storage I feel a little more than confused.

I awaken and listen to the waves calling me from the beach outside. Unable to fall back asleep, I slip on a tee shirt, quietly step out of the bedroom and step off the deck. The sand is cool and damp on my bare feet. As I walk I'm feeling a sadness I did not expect. The moon is reflected in the water and I see something moving in the near distance. It is a huge sea turtle returning to the ocean having set up a nest and laid her eggs somewhere nearby. She cannot leave the ocean for long and I'm thinking I too cannot do this, I cannot leave.

Standing, looking at the turtle re-enter 'mother ocean', I realize I am crying. Not sobbing but tears are falling on the front of my shirt. I feel alone.

I feel her near me and then her hand takes mine, "What's going on baby, are you ok?"

She puts her hand on my shoulder, turns me away from the water and takes me into her arms. I am weeping and I cannot tell her why. Then we are walking and she is talking, "Robin, I have been watching you for the past two weeks and think it would be best to change our plans."

In a small quiet voice I say, "What do you mean?"

We turn back for home but continue walking and, she says, "Being with you, living with you, loving you, is more important than anything else right now." She continues, "I think I might have a way for us both to be happy."

I ask, "And stay together? Marjorie, I love you and don't want to lose you over this."

We have reached the cabin. We climb and in the light from the house we sit on the stairs. Marjorie continues, "I think I went too far in proposing we leave everything behind and travel. I'm pulling on roots that are too deep. Just listen ok, and think about this. If I had suggested a trip in the RV, just a trip, would you feel different than you do? I think so."

Marjorie has obviously thought about this and continued, "What if we just, for example, took an RV trip to Maine for a few weeks. No move, no lifestyle change, just a vacation trip? Then we return and maybe plan another trip or not."

She is sitting beside me on the sandy steps holding my hand. So simple a solution. She puts her warm hand on my thigh squeezes and says, "Come back to bed, I need you now."

When we enter the bedroom she pulls my tee shirt off over my head and then hers. Both naked, she is holding me, brushing beach sand from the stairs off my butt. She is in control. She kisses my face, many small kisses and says, "I love you!"

I reply, "I love you more."

~~

The change she suggested was not really dramatic but for me it was all I needed. We were no longer preparing our home for rental. Things were not going into storage, those few things we had already moved are returned. My home, the ocean and the turtle that saved me will be waiting for our return.

The plan is to initially head West to the Blue Ridge mountains and then North East into New England and eventually North to Maine. Marjorie had planned a slow back roads trip from campground to campground stopping and enjoying the small towns, scenery, people and vistas along the way.

Traveling in the Rialta is easy. Either of us can drive with no problem at all while the other reads, writes or in Marjorie's case, draws and sketches. It is just what you might imagine, a tiny house on wheels. Meals and sleeping are easy. The double bed is bigger than I thought and comfortable.

Marjorie had hinted that in Tennessee she arranged for us to connect with Lauren, the woman who had visited her while I was away. She was indirect but honest in her desire to fulfill her daydream of having the three of us make love. She told me she had no specific plans but hoped that by being honest with both of us, and with the right chemistry, it might happen.

Marjorie had, I believe, always been honest with me about her sex life. I really, except for small signals, had only experienced a gentle, loving, kind Marjorie but I suspected there was a darker side. I had experienced just a taste of that more dominant Marjorie. The truth is that although she had never really been aggressively dominant with me she had always been in control. I am with her as I have been with most other people, sexually compliant and submissive. Marjorie knows this about me but has never pushed me to submit to her will.

Two days out from Outer Banks in our second campground just over the border in Tennessee Marjorie contacted Lauren and I listened to one half of the conversation.

"Hi Lauren."

Lauren replied but I could not clearly hear what was said.

"Yes, we just crossed the border and will stay in the campground tonight. Yes, the one we found together, the Big Oak Cove Campground in the Cherokee National Forest.

Again Lauren replied but couldn't be heard.

"No not tonight. We are too far away from you and we have been traveling all day and need to get settled and get some sleep."

Lauren said something.

"Yes, of course she is with me."

Lauren replied.

"No, only you, Susan will meet us another time, perhaps on our return trip from Maine. You will have to come here tomorrow. We are only staying two days."

Lauren replied but I could not hear.

"Lauren, you know what I want. You said you would like it too. If you want to make me happy, see me and meet Robin, it has to be tomorrow."

Lauren said something, again I could not hear. We really were not in a hurry but Marjorie must have a point she is trying to, prove with the "only two days" comment.

"We are in the RV you saw when you visited. Camp site 31."

Marjorie looked at me and smiled.

When she hung up I asked, trying to get some details, "Everything OK? Who is Susan?"

She looked at me and smiled again, "Of course, everything is fine. Lauren always eventually does what I ask of her. Susan is Lauren's wife. We may meet her eventually, Lauren wants us to, but not this trip. Robin, Lauren is a little nervous about meeting you, worried that I have not told you about her. Lauren is not in any way a racist but you will be a first for her so she is worried she won't meet your expectations."

With that she kisses me gently, leaves the RV and begins setting up our outdoor seating area.

I'm left inside the RV with the very distinct feeling and hope that I might tomorrow meet the other Marjorie. It seems clear that Marjorie has plans I'm not aware of.

That night in only our second real campground, Marjorie lit a small campfire and grilled hamburgers for us. With a store bought salad and a cold beer, I'm happily fed. We sit outside for a while and talk. We talk about the progress of character development in my book and Marjorie tells me of her plans to do caricature sketches of people we meet along the way. We also talk about Lauren.

I can't resist trying to tease more information from her, "Marjorie, did you and Lauren ever sleep with your husband together? Is that what you want tomorrow but with me?" I sense it is a silly question I already know the answer to but I'm grasping for ways to find out more about this woman Lauren and Marjorie's expectations.

Of course I asked, "Was there something she wanted you to tell me about her?"

Marjorie is thoughtful for a long moment then replies, "I could tell you just what you need to know before meeting her but I want you to hear the whole story, ok?" Of course I agreed.

She continued, "I first met Lauren when I was thirty-five. We have a long history. She helped me understand a lot about sexuality, my desires as a bisexual."

"Lauren was my sons best friend in high school. When Lauren's mom died I became his adopted mom I guess. When Lauren was a sophomore in college and I noticed some changes in his body he, yes he, confided in me that he had begun transitioning to a woman the year before. He was an adult and I did not judge him. I hope I was supportive."

She paused as if figuring out exactly how much to tell me, "All through the transition I helped as best I could without approving or disapproving what she was doing. It was all so new and unknown to me, to both of us. At some point almost three years in the changes were so obvious she had to tell her family. It didn't go well but eventually they accepted the realty of her choice. He became she, I think, when she grew her hair out and began to dress and groom as a woman all the time. She was about twenty-eight I was almost fifty."

The dam burst and the flood of information from Marjorie began, "It was a hard time for her emotionally and physically. She stopped and restarted her meds as her moods swung. I saw Lauren mostly in her apartment and it was there that our relationship changed forever. To answer your question directly, Lauren and I were never with my husband. I believe he never knew any of this.

Marjorie paused in thought and then continued, "Robin, I didn't see it coming. A hug and holding her to comfort her became a kiss and soon her hands were under my top and caressing my breasts and then...... When I felt her hand in my shorts between my legs and her fingers probe there was no turning back. She wanted me to and asked me to caress her new breasts but after when I reached between her legs I found a man. I pulled my hand away but she took my hand in hers and returned it."

There was more, "Lauren had a woman's hair, makeup and small breasts but the very erect penis between her legs had different ideas. I shouldn't have but she pushed my head down and I kissed it and sucked it as I would have my husbands. When I did I realized that for the first time since I married I was drifting out of my marriage vows with a man. Robin, this was a long time ago and at that time I had never been with another man since I married. She was more aggressive than I would have imagined and moved to go down on me almost immediately. It had been years since my husband had licked me, I was too wet he claimed. I very quickly had a small warm orgasm and I'm sure Lauren could sense it."

"She positioned herself on top of me between my legs. I spread my legs to let her in and I felt her now hard penis touch my clit. I should have stopped her and pushed her away but instead I wrapped my legs around her and used them to pull her in. I remember looking into her questioning eyes and mouthing the words 'Fuck me, it's ok.' My brain was screaming STOP but with each stroke and bump against my clit I pulled her back with my legs and hands on her butt and back just one more time. My orgasm was epic and as I shook with the pleasure of it she felt what was about to happen and tried to pull back, pull out before she filled me with her cum. I wasn't thinking when I used my legs locked around her to keep her in me."

Marjorie stopped for a moment convinced, I'm sure, she had said too much but then continued, "Robin, it seemed it was wrong in so many ways. She was emotionally fragile and I had just let her reassert her masculinity by cuming inside of me. In the end however it all worked out. That day, she later told me, was important to Lauren in making the decision to not have gender reassignment surgery. A year later she met Susan, her wife, and Susan wanted Lauren just the way she was, a woman in appearance and emotion and sometimes a man in bed."

"Robin, it didn't really work out all that well for me. When all this happened I was too old, I thought, to have more,children but my body did not agree. Driving home from Laurens I did the math. It was the wrong day to get fucked without protection of any kind. So what did I do when I realized I had maybe really screwed up? Of course, I made it worse by seducing my husband that same night not thinking that if I did end up pregnant I would not really know who's child it was. Robin, no one knows this, no one but now you. A month later I found out I was pregnant and I got an abortion."