Overly Familiar Pt. 02 Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Matt smiled softly and moved his hand to gently caress Mara's cheek. "That's not why you're in trouble and you know it."

Mara looked into Matt's eyes for just a moment before looking away again, her eyes clearly welling up. "Fine. It's because if Laila or Teri had been in the same situation, they would have come clean. I'm the only one who would have even thought about disobeying you. And you have to be fair now..."

Matt let out a quiet chuckle. "Do I really have to go through all this trouble to frustrate you every time I want you to be this honest with me?"

"Probably..." Mara mumbled. "I've survived by not embracing emotions I don't want to embrace. It's hard for me."

"It wasn't hard to you to say you love me." Matt pointed out.

"That's different..." Mara replied, a small smile begrudgingly curling up her lips. "Especially since you said it first."

"Look. I know you were my first familiar. And in an ideal world, you would have been my only familiar. But that's not the situation we're in right now. I love you. And I love them too. Maybe I won't be able to treat you all equally, but I have to try. And I'd really like your help with that." Matt knelt down to give Mara a kiss on the forehead. "Is that really too much to ask?" Matt could feel it the moment he asked the question. That weird feeling he got from Mara when he told her initially about the punishment for breaking the new rules. This time he understood it and it was difficult not to chuckle.

"I have an ego, okay?" Mara rolled her eyes, completely understanding where Matt's amusement came from. "I don't like that they can follow a rule I'm having so much trouble with. But I'll try. I just...I liked being treated differently. It made me feel special..."

"Mara, you are special to me. And you always will be." Matt said before kissing Mara on the lips. It wasn't like their usual lustful kisses or even the playful ones. It was passionate and reassuring. Yes, a very unflattering vision of dream Mara kissing him in a much more painful way echoed within the deeper recesses of Matt's mind, but he pushed it back down. Now wasn't the time to unpack whatever...that was.

Mara let out a long sigh after the kiss ended. With an overexaggerated roll of her eyes, she said, "On Laila and Teri's days, you should probably make time for a heart to heart with them like you did with me about the situation. Don't tell them that you love them when we're all together. You should do it in a personal one on one like you did with me..."

Matt couldn't bite down his chuckle this time. He could literally feel how much it irked Mara to say all of that. It was like nails on a chalkboard for her. But she did as ordered. And he could feel a genuine resolve to continue doing so. Maybe he did see Mara as his pet. Aren't you supposed to reward pets when they finally do what you want? He said something that he almost never said when Mara was concerned.

"Good girl..."


(A/N: Random question for anyone reading this far. Who's your favorite familiar? Clearly Mara gets the most screen time and I am working on that hence the whole familiars get a focus day deal, but I've always been curious why chapter 2 is my highest rated chapter in this series lol. Are there a lot of Laila fans out there? Speak up! Or are there more Teriana fans than I think who are bummed out because she probably gets the least time? I know I have that one Lynette fan out there. I see your reviews. I got you. You might not like where I'm going with that thread, but I got you. Her continued mentions are for a reason.)