All Comments on 'Pairs of Pumpkins #09: A Heroine Again'

by PortiaPridemoon

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
SirDigbyChickenCaesarSirDigbyChickenCaesarover 1 year ago

Once I began studying Medieval society in detail beyond the fairy-tale gloss taught in grade school, I started to understand why family members seemed so ready and eager to kill each other at the drop of a crown. I sometimes wonder if the people harping about preserving the "traditional family" know -exactly- what sort of values that meant: marriage as a business transaction, children as pawns, and love an idealistic escapism. As much as we lampoon the Royals today, it's a miracle anyone makes it out of dynasticism with their heads on straight. A recurring theme in my own fantasy musings is what happens when a royal family -does- actually love each other enough to put blood before title; suffice to say, the result's radically different from what we see in history.

This may seem weird to point out, but kudos for an action-adventure actually knowing how to show action. :P It's kind of startling how fantasy smut often stumbles over conveying a fight in detail. We saw a bit of Portia in battle back in Chapter 1, but here it's clear her reputation is deserved.

PortiaPridemoonPortiaPridemoonover 1 year agoAuthor

Reading this, I do hope I'm able to continue the series long enough to show more of the extended world Portia lives in. There may be a hint or two sprinkled into the stories so far but I have designs on those fantasy tropes and historical facts about royalty on medieval style government.

Because the geopolitical backdrop for my smutty, incest stories matters!

Thanks for appreciating the action. It was fun to write!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPortiaPridemoon@PortiaPridemoon
Female-forward, sex-positive stories for grownups with overactive imaginations! Characters. Story. Sex with a catch. Big breasts, big cocks, big hearts! I have works in SciFi with "Space Debris," Fantasy with "Pairs of Pumpkins" and present-day with "The Trojan Horse Wore H...