All Comments on 'Pairs of Pumpkins #10: The Embrace of Disgrace 01'

by PortiaPridemoon

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
SirDigbyChickenCaesarSirDigbyChickenCaesar8 months ago

Those poor medieval peasants, ravaged by disease while the well-to-do ride out the wave in their country villas. Good thing modern medicine means -that'll- never happen again! *turns to the camera*

"It was the worst haircut she'd seen in some time and the clearest evidence his family might in fact, be cruel."

Could be worse: could be a rat tail. ;P

'Only a daughter named Alena, a wife-to-be ordered to have "the biggest breasts possible" and later updated as "Murderer" had come first.'

I was wondering where "Patches" went; shuffling the publishing order? Stone shows the usual risks are real, but the telepathy angle raises an interesting question as to whether the "purebloods" written off as delinquent aren't so much defective as -too- clever.

This is short, but hits hard—not unlike a certain rescuee. ;p If Darcy's study in Chapter 8 was the call, this is the response: pairing off with a child who can -literally- read Portia's thoughts decisively smashes the genie's bottle. Jasper is probably tactful enough to keep his mouth shut around his siblings, but he offers her a valuable (and uniquely insightful) confidant for her warring mind. I don't know if this series is eyeing harem tropes, but as I said back in my summary letter, Portia seems to be assembling a paragon team.

PortiaPridemoonPortiaPridemoon8 months agoAuthor

@SirDigbyChickenCaesar Thank you for reading and your insightful comments, as always! This story has been a long time coming and was maybe a little more topical when I started it than now.

The second "Patches" was supposed to be published before this but I tried to fix some format errors and it disappeared instead, so I'm working on that now. It certainly works better to meet Alena before this story but I only have so much control over that here, since it was in re-submission at the same time as this was in submission.

Overall, PoP10 is 70+ pages, the biggest one yet! The next two parts have a lot more meat to them, but I'm trying to keep them "fun sized" for ease of reading. Plus I'm making a few, last minute edits to part 2.

We'll see what tropes the series eyes in the future but Portia is still trying to be a descent mother. She may have a ways more to go on being a good team player.

SirDigbyChickenCaesarSirDigbyChickenCaesar8 months ago

This site, I swear: "Surviving as a Housewife" got posted out of order, I presume the author pulled it for reindexing and/or to condense the chapters, and I haven't seen them since. I've yet to publish here* so I can't speak to turnaround, but sometimes it feels like the server's maintained with duct tape and craft glue on someone's basement Win95 rig.

* Funny coincidence, work on the first I -had- planned started in summer last year, and it shows because it directly mentions the masking slough-off. Now they're thinking a new wave's on the horizon—I thought I was too late, but maybe I'm too early? D:

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPortiaPridemoon@PortiaPridemoon
96 Followers
Female-forward, sex-positive stories for grownups with overactive imaginations! Characters. Story. Sex with a catch. Big breasts, big cocks, big hearts! I have works in SciFi with "Space Debris," Fantasy with "Pairs of Pumpkins" and present-day with "The Trojan Horse Wore H...