Paladin Princess Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The archers also started targeting the dragons, but every arrow bounced off the scaly armor of the dragons. Then a couple of archers thought of targeting the queen on top of the dragon, but as they sighted their arrows at her they saw her skimpily clad form and lowered their arrows to get a better look. It was then that the queen's archers took them out with arrows of their own.

As the king's army bogged down, the queen's archers began cutting down the enemy troops. They continued on despite the arrows, because to retreat was to be killed by the dragon's fire, teeth or claws. Queen Ruth sat atop Eragon with her bow, picking off leaders of the king's army or any other target that presented itself. When she saw one of her generals fall with an arrow to the chest, she had Eragon turn to attack the towers of archers.

Queen Ruth had to duck and hide behind Eragon's armor-like scales when the arrows from the tower began to rain down on them. None pierced Eragon's body armor, and all missed the queen as the tower was engulfed in the fiery breath of the dragon. The archers began to jump from the tower as it caught fire, and they turned their attention to the other tower. The queen once again hunkered down on Eragon's back, but this time her face was turned towards the ongoing battle between armies.

The fighting was hand to hand with swords slashing and clanging against each other. She saw her lover and warrior leading men into the fray cutting down anyone that got in his way. Her heart leapt as she watched him lead her troops and fight for her and her kingdom. Just as she was about to turn back to the destruction of the second tower, she saw an arrow pierce Geoffrey's armor and he fell.

Queen Ruth screamed in horror at what she saw and Eragon roared as he felt Geoffrey's pain. Eragon smashed into the tower using his talons, teeth, and fiery breath to destroy the tower in seconds. Then he turned to the remaining king's army, landing in the middle of the enemy troops and went on a destructive rampage. They had hurt his only real friend and they MUST pay.

Ruth's heart lurched in her chest and her eyes filled with tears. She wailed, "No God no! He cannot die, I can't go on without him." As Eragon landed, she jumped off him, drew her sword and waded into the enemy. Her warrior outfit had the desired result and the enemy troops stood goggle-eyed as an incredibly beautiful, scantily clad queen ran them through with her sword.

Quickly her soldiers saw what was going on and rushed in to save their queen. Their queen wading into the fight rallied her troops and soon the king's army was retreating into the surrounding forest and into the traps they had constructed. Ruth fought her way to her fallen lover like a bear defending her cub. No one could match her ferocity as she slashed her way and soon, she was by the side of the only man she ever loved.

When Geoffrey saw her, he tried to stand, but fell to his knees. Ruth lost sight of the enemy troops and only focused on Geoffrey. She was surrounded by a phalanx of her troops and as she wrapped her arms around him the royal surgeons arrived and gently moved her to the side saying, "Your majesty, please let us tend to our general."

The queen backed away from her man and only the respect of the doctors forced her to let them attend to Geoffrey. She saw that the troops respected him like she did, and her heart ached. She watched as the doctors broke off the arrow, removed his armor and revealed the arrow piercing his skin very near his heart. His blood was covering his chest and she realized that her warrior may have given his life for her and her kingdom. Sorrow, love, anger, and resolve filled her soul. If she was to lose her lover, she needed to punish the king and finish this war, NOW.

12