Passion for the Rebuilt

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dase sat in the weapons locker drinking his coffee, he looked to the clock on the wall that was opposite of the service window. It read 03:59 in big red letters, as he wondered if his new coworker had missed the four a.m. start time he heard a knock at the door. He got up with excitement and headed to the door, pulling it open to see the shining face of his new coworker. The one that would help ease his burden of handling the checkout paperwork and ensuring the function of all the weapons and computers.

Tienna leaned against the wall outside the weapons locker, she pounded on the door trying to signal someone to open. Doing this caused her head to throb harder, she tried to soothe herself by pressing her forehead to the cool wall as she quietly cursed the awful start time.

Dase looked at the mess of a woman in the hallway, wondering why she was pressing her head to the wall and mumbling. "Tienna?" he asked with caution and disappointment, he remembered her name from the email but was expecting someone who was more coherent.

"Mmhm" she moaned out as she rolled her head to look at the voice calling her.

He looked at her red hair falling around her face, then down to her torso that was covered in a light crop top jacket. Then her long legs wrapped in black pants and leather boots, he had to admit that her figure was nice to look at. But then when she lifted her head from the wall and looked at him, his heart skipped a beat as he saw her face for the first time.

'Don't shit where you sleep.' he reminded himself as he looked away.

Dase moved to the side and gestured for her to walk in, he watched as she staggered inside and stood awkwardly in the room. He sighed and walked around her, pulling out an office chair and rolling it to her, "Here, go ahead and take a seat." he said.

Tienna sat down in the chair and put her head in her hands, wondering why she tortured herself by overdoing it the night before. Even though her head was pounding she was still able to see the look on his face, a shocked distress look as he made eye contact with her.

'Fuck this, I'm so tired of the bullshit.' she thought to herself.

"Do you want some coffee?" Dase asked.

"Please." Tienna said quietly, she turned her head and watched as he went to a cabinet to retrieve a coffee mug. She sized him up and saw he had a larger frame, he stood over six feet tall, but as his arm reached out she could tell he had a broad back. Tienna looked him up and down but couldn't tell much as he wore a loose sweatshirt and cargo pants, he obviously wasn't trying to show off for anyone down here.

Dase pulled a cup from one of the cabinets and poured coffee into it, he sat it on the desk that was running along the wall where their computers were.

Dase started, "So let me fill you in on what we're doing in here-"

"Check out guns and tech to the people who actually do shit, how hard is that?" she said with sarcasm and disgust.

"Right, the computer to the right will be yours. Over here," he pointed at the service window to his left. "Is the service window obviously, over there," Dase pointed to the left past Tienna, "that's the bathroom, and behind us" Dase turned around to face the door Tienna had just walked in from, then pointed to the set of double doors next to it, "That's the weapons locker." He then turned around and sat at the computer to Tiennas left.

"So every morning we go through and make sure all weapons that are checked in are accounted for. Then all computers and radios, and then we open up, we check stuff out but also do inspections on equipment that is in here. So clean and inspect weapons and make sure the computers are working with the proper software. Clean cameras and radios and check battery levels and stuff." He picked up a box and sat it on the desk next to Tiennas computer, "If you're hungry I brought breakfast."

Tienna huffed and looked around, then stood up and went to the bathroom, once inside she locked the door and splashed water on her face. Taking a long look in the mirror as she thought about how she already hated being stuck in this room.

Dase logged into his computer and made his way to the check out system, printing off a list of equipment that they had to take accountability for.

*Blarrrggguuuu.....guuuuhhhf......gug....* *hic*

Dase raised his eyebrows as he heard the torrent of vomit from the bathroom, praying it all made it in the toilet. He heard the toilet flush and the sink turn on, then after a little bit he saw Tienna walk out of the bathroom and stand in the center of the room.

"Hey," Dase said as he picked up the paper from the printer.

Tienna was about to tell him to mind his own business as she tasted the bile in her mouth mixed with coffee and last nights excuse of a dinner.

"Top drawer between our computers, there's some disposable toothbrushes and toothpaste. Get'cha one and when you're done help me out." As he finished he clipped the paper to a clipboard and picked up a highlighter.

Tienna felt a little surprised that he offered her a toothbrush and not a lecture, she was expecting a pist off trainer. But instead he seemed like he was just letting her do a morning routine and get ready, 'Does he think I'm a drunk?' she thought as she made her way to the drawer. She got the brush and headed back to the bathroom, wondering if she was gonna last in this little room with him.

Tienna was ready to work and approached him, learning he was matching the serial numbers on the list to the ones on the equipment. Making sure all of it was accounted for and they knew what was still in use by coworkers in the field. She also found out that the job in the weapons locker was more annoying then she initially gave it credit for. Loading rounds into magazines and ensuring guns were cleaned, having to replace missing screws on computers or solder in new speakers into radios. She kept having to replace broken belt clips on the hand held radios and found it kept hurting her right thumb from pressing a retaining pin out.

"If you take the tip of a flat blade screwdriver it's easier to get those out, just point it away from you." Dase told her as he pulled a cotton patch out of the barrel of a gun he was cleaning.

"Why the fuck is this shit always broken?" she said with anger.

"Why do you yank it off your belt when you're in the field?" he replied back.

"Because we need it quickly and the hook sometimes gets stuck!" she retorted.

"Oh so you knew the answer already, I guess it was a rhetorical question." he said as he cycled the bolt of the weapon.

"Eat a dick." she said as she realized she walked into his joke and went back to replacing the clips.

Dase gave a slight smile and shook his head as he concentrated on his work. "We're almost to lunch, did you bring anything?"

"Lunch, but it's only nine in the morning?" she said as she looked at the clock.

"Ya but with a four o'clock start time that means we've been working for five hours, we only got three left?" he said as he went to the bathroom to wash his hands.

"Oh, I'm not used to an eight hour day." she said as she put the last radio back in its charger.

"Ya it's pretty nice in my opinion, don't get me wrong field work is cool. But I like the consistent schedule that comes with this place, plus I never miss a meal." he said as he came back out from washing the grease off. "Make sure you wash your hands, that gun oil will give you the shits."

"Ok, I didn't bring any lunch, I'll just go out and get something." she said as she went to follow Dases' advice about cleaning off the gun oil from her hands.

"I got some frozen meals here if you want one, I can't cook so I just do these." he said while walking to a fridge in the room.

"No It's cool, I'll be back." Tienna said as she walked to the door.

"Ok, try and stop by the upper office so you can see if they have a weapons I.D. for you and a key. That way you can get yourself in." Dase said as he removed a premade meal from the freezer portion of the fridge.

As the day wound down to an end, Tienna helped ensure the two replacing them had everything accounted for and they left. It was only noon but the work day was done, Tienna wasn't sure what to do since she had never been on a schedule like this and it was so early.

"Ok, good first day?" Dase asked as they exited the building.

"Not bad, but I imagine it'll get boring in the future, what do you even do at this time of day?" she said as she looked at her phone.

"Whatever you want, it's so early that most businesses are easy to get into with no wait, but the early hour that we gotta be back sucks." he said as he pulled the sling of a duffle bag over his shoulder.

Tienna looked at it and figured it was a gym bag, she looked at Dase in the sunlight and could see he worked out regularly. Big shoulders and a broad chest made him seem intimidating, but his face looked kind and he wasn't wearing clothes that let her gauge his figure too well.

"Alright, see you tomorrow." she said as she walked away.

"See ya." he said as he crossed the street.

As the days passed, word spread to the other employees about the woman in the weapons locker that had a temper.

"Did you hear about this chick in here?" one man said as the group of three walked down the hall to the weapons room.

"Ya, James said she's kind of a bitch?" the other said.

"Ya she is." the last one said.

"Hey Fergi!" Tienna boomed from the weapons room service window before it even came into sight.

Two of the men turned to look at the man on the right side of the small group as he shook his head. Rounding the last corner the window came into view and they looked at the fiery redhead that was leaning on one elbow and glaring at them.

"Next time before you turn in your rifle, why don't you clean the fuckin mud out of it? What'd you drop it when you were sifting through your purse? The action was full of shit and it wasn't from firing, did you think you'd have a better chance of hittin your target if you just threw the fuckin gun?" Tienna shouted.

Fergi dipped his head low and shook it side to side, mumbling under his breath, "God she really is a bitch."

"I wouldn't be if you just did the bare minimum before turn in." she shouted.

He rolled his eyes as they approached the counter.

Dase sat at his computer while hearing Tiennas tirade behind him, he had been the one who had to tell them to clean their weapons before. But now he was more than happy to let Tienna take the role of whippin the employees when they fucked up. She seemed to get better results and now he was able to focus on parts request and budgeting for repairs needed on equipment.

As Tienna finished her verbal lashing she returned to her computer, sighing as she sat down and moved the mouse to wake up the computer. Looking over at Dase she caught him smiling slightly, "What?"

Dase looked over to her, "Hm?"

"Why are you so happy?" she said as she narrowed her eyes at him.

"Oh just happy to see you getting along with everyone, what's it been two weeks? You're a fuckin natural." he said with a cheery voice as he looked at his computer again.

Tienna rubbed her one natural eye, "Two weeks? All the fuckin days meld together, and this schedule is hell, how have you done this for so long?"

"I like it, I asked for this position." he said as he picked up a paper and examined the list of barrels and sights that they needed for some repairs.

"Who the fuck would want to sit in this room, when you could be out there really doin shit?" she said as she leaned back.

There was a long pause as Dase typed away for a few seconds, he stopped and looked at the keyboard. Then turning his head slightly, "I used to be out there, but I got tired of it."

Tienna lifted her head and looked at him, "What?"

"Medical carrier, did it for six years before I requested to be pulled off the convoy and put in here." he said. Then picking up another paper he examined numbers again, getting ready to input them in the computer.

"Why didn't you like it anymore, tired of delivering oxygen tanks and blood packs to the outer provinces?" she said as she leaned forward.

Dase paused for a second, seeming to mull over how he should respond, then he went back to typing on his computer instead.

Tienna figured she struck a nerve, her inner demon telling her to push it and see if she could rile him up. But instead deciding to lean back in her chair and forget about it, she started looking through her own emails on the computer to pass the time.

As the days passed Tienna found herself falling more and more into the groove of the weapons room. Taking turns on checking the equipment and learning more and more about the amount of paperwork that came with the job. She scrolled through her emails, ignoring the newsletters from the company and requests for surveys on services and parts. Seeing a new one pop up in her inbox, she scrolled to the top to read it.

'Please come see me.' she read, then clicking it she scrolled down to see who it was from, 'Deager'. Tienna nearly jumped from her seat, happy that she might be pulled from this cage and thrown back into the field.

"Hey I'm goin up to talk to Deager." she said as she headed for the door.

"Oh, ok?" Dase said as he polished one of the radios.

"I might be getting out of here finally!" she said with a smile.

"Oh, that sucks." Dase responded.

Tienna looked back as the door closed and saw Dases face, she was expecting to see sarcasm, but saw actual disappointment as he put the radio away.

'He just doesn't wanna do this shit alone, they'll probably put someone in here to help with the load.' she thought.

Tienna walked in the upstairs office and made a dash for Deagers office, looking over at Geshis desk and seeing he wasn't there. She wanted to see him, but also wanted to see Deager more and get her good news. She pushed open the door and stepped inside, but her heart immediately dropped as she saw blonde hair inside.

The Daquer family had come for their restitutions for the door, the mother looking down her nose at both Tienna and Deager. The blonde son that had been so arrogant before now looked as though he was even more smug with his mother in the room protecting him.

"Eugh, see what I was talking about?" he said while looking at his mother.

"Now, now, be polite, she probably had a rough go of it." the mother said as she looked at Tienna.

"Tienna, the Daquer family would like an apology for the damages to the door, and the emotional distress of the son." Deager said as he looked at her.

Tienna looked at him and could see he had been put through the ringer, he looked tired and annoyed and she could only imagine how shitty they had been to him.

"An apology?" she asked as she looked down at the two.

The son stood up and puffed his chest out, "Yes." he said.

Tienna almost recoiled in disgust, the smugness oozing off him like puss from a festering wound.

"Oh, well I do apologize." she said as she stepped closer to him, "That I broke your door so easily." she stepped even closer into his personal space, "That I took you to the ground so effortlessly, I thought with all those muscles that you'd have a little more balance."

Tienna could see the man shake slightly, feeling a slight tinge of joy as he looked away from her.

"I'm sorry that I put my dirty fingers in your mouth," She said as she balled up her left fist. Leaning in to whisper, "Sorry for almost ripping your jaw out, and giving you a...Rough go of it."

She could feel him tremble slightly and back away, seeing the Daquer mother glaring at her.

"I hope your next security detail is able to keep a more level head." Tienna said while flashing a smile.

Deager sighed, "Ok, there's your apology."

The Daquers glared at him then back at her, both of them storming out as they mumbled about the animal that had just talked to them.

"Those people are a bunch of fuck wits." Deager said.

Tienna faced him, "Was that why I was called up here?"

Deager looked up at her, "Yes, that was it, she wouldn't leave until she saw the person who threatened her baby."

"Fucking cock suckers." she said under her breath, "When am I getting out of the weapons room?"

"You're not." Deager said as he looked back to his computer.

Tienna grit her teeth, slowly turning and placing her hands on Deagers desk as she leaned forward. "Look, Dase can do that job, he hasn't had the excitement of the real work before. I can't-"

"That guy did medical carrier for six years." Deager said flatly.

"Ya, medical carrier." Tienna said with false enthusiasm.

"Did you hear about the Gardafey province?" Deager said as he leaned back in his chair.

Tienna looked down to him with slight confusion.

"You were still doing early intro work, but that was the time when the Government started hiring more and more private security firms like ours." Deager wiped his nose and looked down, "We sent a lot of our own to fight and try to make contracts with the government. since their budget was so big we could give them any price."

"Was that the one with the guerilla warfare that ended with the whole province being torched?" Tienna asked.

"Yup." Deager said, "It's not my place to tell, but the gov. wanted to end it so badly that they dropped dragons fire on the whole place and glassed it. To this day they are still finding out what insects and plants went extinct due to the vast majority of the place being burned up."

Tienna stood silently, waiting for what Deager was trying to get at.

"They didn't ensure that the contractors were out, or even their own were. Medical carrier, do you know what they did in that region?" Deager said as he looked at her. "They scraped the kids that enlisted off the streets and jungle floor, they looked men and women that had just graduated highschool in the eye. They lied to them and told them they would be OK, they smiled at them while they tried to push their guts back into their stomachs."

Deager looked down in disgust, "You know medical carriers used to be for life saving services as well, not just moving medical supplies but trying to save lives also? Imagine spending countless days in hell trying to bring people back, then seeing the flames all around you. He was in there when they dropped, he..." Deager paused and sifted through his thoughts. "He can tell you if he wants to, there's a reason we don't take government contracts anymore."

Deager went back to his computer and started moving the mouse around, trying to wake it up from the screen saver.

Tienna turned around and left, closing his door and walking back across the office to the elevators. Getting on and clicking the button for the basement, she mulled over his words as the floor chimes sounded. Then reaching the basement she exited and walked down the hall, scanning her card and pushing the weapons room door open. She looked at Dase who was picking up his duffle bag and preparing to leave.

"Hey, everything good?" Dase asked.

Tienna looked at him for a second, feeling guilt as she had never considered why he may have picked to be down here. "Ya, ya everythings good. I just had to give some bullshit apology." Tienna said as she went to collect her things.

Dase nodded and went to talk to the next shift that had taken over the room, ensuring everything was accounted for and they could leave.

Tienna walked outside with Dase, looking around and then back to him. She had worked with him for a while, but after hearing the new information about him she wasn't sure why she felt so uncomfortable.

"Ok, I'll see you tomorrow." he said as he slung his bag over his shoulder.

"Hey Dase?" she asked before he could turn around.

"What's up?" he responded.

Tienna thought about what to say, pausing and trying to figure something out. "Where do you work out at?" she said while pointing at his bag.

123456...9