PDA

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Tommy, I'm not sure what to think anymore." Liv looked into Tommy's eyes, a mournful expression on her face.

"Then don't think, feel." Tommy felt it was now or never to explain his feelings to Liv. But she had to connect with her feelings as well, not the stone-cold logic of the last few years.

Liv nodded. "I remember sitting drinking coffee this morning, wishing this stupid thing was over. Then I was surprised at how I felt when those couples joined in and kissed, and you were running around all crazy and it was fun. I really liked it, Tom." Liv hesitated, then continued.

"Then I saw my Mum and Dad and everything I've held true for ages seemed to fall away, turn to dust. It was my prop, you know, where do I find another one?"

"You don't need anymore reason to distance yourself from those close to you. Just feel, let life in, Liv."

The young woman thought for a few seconds about what Tommy had been saying to her. He did know her, she realised, she'd bared her soul to him that terrible summer. As she stood facing him, Liv knew, finally, that he was right. She couldn't keep the world at bay any longer. Or at the very least, she couldn't keep this handsome, caring, sweet man away from her. Tommy continued.

"Liv, if I could see that steel door that's kept your beautiful heart from feeling love, I'd scratch on it "this is no ordinary heart". Because it's true. Will you let me see it? Now that your parents have shown you that the flame can be dimmed but not extinguished, will you let me in? Please?"

Tommy fell silent, held his hands out towards Liv. She looked back at him, her eyes brimmed with tears. How could she process what had just happened? For years her parent's breakup was the one certainty that kept her emotions channelled, her distrust of others grounded in the despair she had felt. And yet, there had always been a chance of a reunion, how foolish she now felt. Liv felt a tear roll down her cheek as she took a deep breath.

"I...I don't know what to think, Tommy. I've spent so long keeping my feelings locked up I don't know what I really do feel. I...I'm a little scared too. What if I get hurt again?"

"I won't let that happen, Liv," Tommy said softly.

"You can't promise that for real, Tommy," Liv replied. "But promise me you'll try." She reached out and took Tommy's hands in hers, as the young man nodded. She smiled a thin, nervous smile.

"And I promise you I won't keep you away. Not anymore, not you. I realise now that you've always been true to me, Tommy, I want to be true to you as well." She squeezed Tommy's hands tightly.

It was the young man's turn for tears to fill his eyes. He shook his head lightly. "Now...now this is more than I could have dreamt of. I've always wanted to be with you, I've just never found the words to say it. I had run away to the other side of the world to try to forget you but seeing you again I realised I'd wasted all that time."

Liv's smile grew broader on her face, her green eyes sparkling and white teeth shining. She moved towards Tommy, took one of her hands and placed it on his neck.

"Then we've got three years of missed opportunities to make up for. What are you waiting for?"

With that Liv pulled Tommy's face close to hers, their lips touching softly. The kiss was short, the couple's lips separating after a second or two. Liv looked into Tommy's eyes and smiled.

Around them a small crowd broke into applause. Aware of the sudden noise, Liv and Tommy embraced, shyly looking at the beach goers surrounding them.

"That was almost worth waiting three years for", murmured Liv into Tommy's ear. She smiled again then pulled Tommy's head back towards hers, the couple kissing with greater urgency. Time stood still for the young lovers, as the Bondi crowd slowly returned to their routines, seagulls cawed overhead, the surf rumbled relentlessly.

The young couple broke apart again. Liv looked up into Tommy's bright blue eyes.

"You know, Tom, just for now, just at this moment, I think you're right. Love is Enough." With that final declaration, she closed her eyes, put her hand softly on the back of his neck and waited for his lips to touch hers.