Pelican Point Pt. 06 - Final

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Two weeks later there was a police raid on a politician's home in Sydney to collect evidence. Then a week later, George Yang, a major benefactor of my university, the man I'd seen Bao talking to at the graduation and who's daughter Bao had been uncharacteristically dating, was arrested and charged under Australia's new anti foreign interference laws. He was said in news reports to have "links" to the Chinese Communist Party.

Bao didn't tell me much but said that he might be suspected of funnelling information about Mr. Yang to the Australian Federal Police and so he had been temporarily "deactivated". They were still paying him though. He didn't actually deny that he had actually been funnelled information to the police. I was worried that it might mean that he couldn't visit me as much anymore but he said absolutely not. That he shouldn't change anything about his behaviour other than his job.

One more thing he had to do was to call Linda and ask her out on a date, acting like he knew nothing about what had happened to her father. He told me that she'd said that she wasn't allowed to go out and would soon be going on a holiday in China. She said that she still loved him but broke up with him on the phone. Bao was very upset about deceiving her. I was happy that he could tell me about it and that I could hold him in my arms to comfort him.