Perfect Day

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Shhh," Echo whispered. "It's over now."

Callie let out a long, wheezing whine, and reached up to grab Echo's arm. She couldn't catch her breath. After a minute, Echo slid out from behind her, and Callie rolled to lay flat on her back.

"It's over now," Echo said, smiling. "I'm here. It's okay."

Callie just stared at her out of the corner of her eye as she panted.

"Just breathe with me, okay? Breathe."

She nodded, and tried to make her chest rise and fall at the same pace as her friend, but the tremors still refused to subside. Under the covers, her hand found one of Echo's, and she squeezed it tightly.

"You're okay now." Echo trailed her nails along Callie's cheek, brushing back stray hairs. "That sounded bad. Do you remember what was happening?"

Callie just looked down, still trying to catch her breath.

After a minute of quiet, Echo whispered, "Was it about me?"

She hesitantly nodded, her eyes still averted.

Echo took a long, slow breath, and smiled sadly. "You've felt this way for a long time, huh?"

"Yeah," Callie croaked.

"I wish I could fix that," she said. "Go back in time and give younger me a hard shake. Look what's right in front of you, dummy."

Callie gave a hoarse laugh.

"I don't like that you were alone with that."

She didn't respond, but she did manage to finally meet Echo's warm gaze.

"I'm here now," she said, "and I'll pull you out of as many of those as I have to. Okay?"

"Will you still be here?" Callie blurted, her mind still thick with fog. "In the morning?"

"Yeah," the redhead replied. "I'm not going anywhere."

Callie nodded, and rolled into Echo's embrace. The redhead kissed her forehead, and Callie felt herself drifting back to sleep using her friend's arm as a pillow.

"You poor thing," she heard Echo whispering, as she floated back into the darkness. "Rest now. I'm here."