Phoenix Rising

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I could tell Tom was thinking about it. It was an attribute that a lot of men simply did not have -- thinking before speaking. It was a very attractive quality.

"I can see where that was the correct path for you to take at the time. Carolyn is very attractive and probably a nice sexual partner. And if she was part of your revival this semester then I can only be supportive of the both of you. If it helped you then I have become the beneficiary of your healing, and I can't fault that."

I hugged him, tears leaking from my eyes.

"You are the best man I have ever known. You always know just the right thing to say to me."

I shed a few tears on his neck.

"Thank you, Joey. You are an amazing woman, one that is a privilege to know."

"Thanks Tom. I am trying very hard to be the woman you deserve. I don't want to lose you. I hope and pray that you will want to be with me from now on, forever. I was just not sure that you could handle someone that also already loves another woman. I love you both and want to satisfy and be with both of you."

"I understand that completely. Love is sometimes not something that can be exclusive. It becomes strangled and produces bad emotions that can ruin your life. I have never been able to understand why people want others exclusively. It's a trap that leads to bad places. We teach our children to share and share-alike, except when it come to the people in our lives. It's an incompatibility in our thinking."

"Wow, that's pretty deep thought. Are you always that deep."

He smiled at me. "I don't usually think that deep. Just when I have complicated questions to answer. Most people just will not accept simple answers to complicated questions."

"God I love you. I can't believe I met you at just this time in my life. I have needed you for a long time and not even known it."

We were silent for a few minutes.

"Tom, what would you think if you, me, and Carolyn got an apartment together next semester? You would have to live with a person who is having sex with another under the same roof. But ... if I know Carolyn she will want you as much as I do. She has already hinted that she finds you very attractive."

"Hummm. Interesting. I will have to give that a little thought."

"Don't take too long, the semester is almost over."

"I will give you an answer as soon as I can."

"Good enough."

We stayed up a little longer and before we knew it we were both asleep in the same bed. It was a tight fit but we managed to get some sleep.

The next morning we woke wrapped in each others arms. After a bathroom trip we made love again, this time slowly and lovingly. It just proves what the therapist told me, sex moves to another level when the two people love each other. It certainly had for me.

We both showered and got ready for the day. Tom helped me change my bed sheets, and then he was ready to leave.

We embraced at the door and kissed each other tenderly.

Tom said "I have an answer for you. Yes, I think I can handle both you and Carolyn under the same roof even though I will have to share you with her. I love you and I want to be with you for as long as is possible."

Tears cane to my eyes. "Oh Tom, thank you. This means the world to me, knowing that the two people I love will be with me. I know that we can make it work. And that it will be a lot of fun for all of us."

"I hope so as well."

And with that we hugged and kissed one last time.

"I love you, Joey."

"And I love you."

And with that he picked up his little bag and was gone. I broke out my text books and started to study for finals, which started on Wednesday. It was really hard to concentrate. I had just got into the groove when Carolyn got back.

"Hi, Carolyn. How was the party?"

"It was really great. A lot of my high school friends were there and there were lots of presents for the bride to be. But I am really tired. I stayed up late last night with my friends and the drive seemed especially long this morning."

She dropped her bags on the floor and plopped into her bed with her coat still on. She looked really tired. I went and got a blanket, helped her out of he coat, and then covered her to let her rest. I went back to studying.

About an hour later she woke up.

"Oh man, I must have flaked out. How long was I asleep?"

"About an hour. You looked like you needed it."

"I guess I did."

Carolyn went into the bathroom to freshen up. She came out looking a little better.

"Thanks for letting me take a nap. I guess I needed it."

"You did. Feel better?"

"Yes. Almost normal. How was your weekend?"

I flashed a big smile. "Dreamy. Tom is quite the lover."

"He must be from the look on your face."

"I have not ever had that many orgasms in so short a time. He is the best lover a girl could want, much better than I probably deserve."

"Don't sell yourself short, you are a great lover. I know. You deserve everything you want. And from what I just heard, you probably got it already."

For some reason I found that really funny and started laughing. Carolyn joined me in laughing at her joke. When our laughter stopped I decided to broach my last hurdle with her.

"Carolyn, what would you say if instead of rooming together in the dorm next semester, we get an apartment instead. It shouldn't cost any more than the dorm room and we could save a lot of money on food by cooking our own."

"That actually sounds like a good idea. Yeah, I like that idea."

"There's one more thing. If you don't like this idea just say so."

"Okay."

"If this works out, I have invited Tom to room with us. I know that may be awkward for both you and Tom and that's what worries me the most. I love you both so much and I can't bare the thought of losing either of you. I know three way relationships are hard, maybe the hardest thing three people can do, but I would like to try."

"How would the sex thing work?"

"How attracted are you to Tom?"

She thought about that for a while. "I guess I am pretty attracted to him. In the short time I have known him he is growing on me."

I breathed a sigh of relief. "That's what I wanted to hear, because I think you and Tom would be good for each other, in and out of bed."

"Joey, are you sure you know what you are saying?"

"Oh yes. I have thought about it long and hard. I believe the three of us would make a wonderful threesome. I know there is a lot of love in both of your hearts and even the possibility that you two would somehow get together would please me no end. I love you both so much and I want the greatest happiness for both of you."

Carolyn came to me and hugged me. We tightly held each other for a long time, both of us shedding some tears. When we broke the embrace Carolyn looked down at me.

"Joey, you have become so much more than you were at the start of this semester, it is hard to fathom. You are the same person, but somehow you are now so much more. I can't believe I am saying this, but yes, invite Tom. I don't know what the future may bring, but if you are involved in it I have no doubt that it will be a good one. I do want to be with you always, and if you want Tom there too, then so be it."

I hugged her again. "Thank you, Carolyn. I know this will work out even if we all are half the people I believe we are."

"And who knows, maybe Tom and I will become involved. If for no other reason than you want us to."

She looked down at me and smiled through the tears still on her face. I kissed her and she kissed me back.

And that is how we all got together. Carolyn and I picked out the apartment, a nice three bedroom, one for each of us. We signed a year long lease so when the spring semester was over we all stayed and took some summer classes.

That first week was really fun, more than I could have hopped for. At first Tom and Carolyn traded out being with me. But the next week Tom joined Carolyn and myself in our lovemaking. It was wonderful. At first they both just made love to me, but after a while they were starting to touch and caress each other. Finally, they made love to each other for the first time, and it was beautiful. That was a really good night for us all.

We continued to have three way sex throughout college. We all graduated the same semester. Prior to that we made plans for our future. We all wanted to stay together despite the hardships we might face in the future due to our three-way relationship. We all decided we wanted out of the snow so that meant we had to move South. We picked the Dallas-Ft. Worth area because of the wide availability of jobs. We got an apartment in the mid-cities area so that the commute would be bearable for all of us until we found more permanent jobs.

Tom found a position at software company as a project leader, Carolyn started as a junior medical technician at a hospital, and I found a junior management position for a business realty company. It was only a few months util we were able to afford a house.

After about three years Carolyn decided she was ready for children and she was pregnant before we knew what happened. She had a little girl nine month later. Tom and I are doing our best to help her and take care of her and the baby. We are all very happy together.

So never let anyone tell you that a threesome can not work. It can with the right loving people.

I owe everything I am to Carolyn and Tom. And I guess my therapists had something to do with me too. All I know is that I could not be happier.

OlderHormones