All Comments on 'Pie Thief'

by chasten

Sort by:
  • 126 Comments
Bebop3Bebop3over 3 years ago

Wonderful story, Chasten. Probably my favorite of yours.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thank you

You tell a wonderful story.

Charlie

PrfsrPrfsrover 3 years ago
Ten stars!

**********!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You....

A wonderful story but even at 70 you made me cry. There aren't enough stars for this story. Thankyou.

gordo12gordo12over 3 years ago

I think I just read the winner! Chas, that was incredible. My eyes are still teary. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Anonymous

Dang you brought tears to these old eyes. Definitely your best yet.

Just a great story!⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

steeltiger01steeltiger01over 3 years ago
Dusty in here

You've a talent for beautiful stories. Thank you for this one. Possibly the best Christmas story I've read.

tangledweedtangledweedover 3 years ago

Damn you chasten, now I am sniffling and everyone is going to think I have Covid-19. Despite looking slightly intimidating in real life (my wife laughs when she tells me how I scare some of her friends), I am a big softy at heart and this story got me good.

As a Canadian who has lived most of his life 500 km North of the US border, I have never seen a Caribou in real life, but will concede that these ones can live wherever they want. You don't need artistic license with Santa's reindeer, it's a given that they are magic.

This is an instant holiday classic. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Awesome

What a wonderful story , warm , romantic and ever so poignant .

Well done, keep up the awesomeness

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Tears in my eyes

Holy smoke this was good, the best Christmas story ever, 5 stars!

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

Dammit, now the dog leaning on my leg is wondering why I'm crying.

Good story. Very good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Dammit

why can't I give at least a dozen stars??

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 3 years ago

Wonderful,story

Beautiful,and inspired story of love and flying pie pilfering. Loved it.

bigbob2406bigbob2406over 3 years ago

That was wonderful. Thank you.

MsCherylTerraMsCherylTerraover 3 years ago

This is one of those stories that makes you stop after you've read it because you know you just read something really, really special. Lovely story and thank you so much for sharing it. Beautiful, amazing, lovely <3

texquilltexquillover 3 years ago

What an amazing work! "Pie Thief" just moved "Meet Me in the Middle" out of my top three favorites on Lit. Thanks for sharing.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 3 years ago

Incredibly sweet and emotional. Could be a Hallmark Christmas story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

The best I have read on lit. Wish there were more stars to give. Made these 80 year old male eyes leak

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Superb !! Simply Superb !!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I’m not crying...

You’re crying.

GinloverGinloverover 3 years ago

What an incredible and beautiful roller coaster of emotions.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 3 years ago
Beautiful story

This easily has the substance to be a Christmas classic. Amazing writing!

G5902G5902over 3 years ago

Thank you for sharing a wonderful Christmas story. I expect that this will be a top contender. I look forward to reading this every Christmas. A little softer on the romance and it is a great Hallmark Channel Christmas Classic!

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimover 3 years ago
Impeccable

Chasten, that story was nigh on perfect. It had everything a reader could ask for and more, perfect timing, pathos and bathos. It took a while to realise what was happening, but from then on it was a sleigh-ride all the way to the bitter-sweet ending. I'm privileged to have read it.

Thank you, sir.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This was so sweet.

ThefirefliesThefirefliesover 3 years ago

Magic – reading this gave me a smile and a tear :-)

PickFictionPickFictionover 3 years ago
Marvelous,

As I would expect from you. Thanks for writing and for sharing.

steppinontoessteppinontoesover 3 years ago
Great story

Thank you for a wonderful tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Loved it

Great story.

ribnitinribnitinover 3 years ago

superb. I have nothing else to say.

OneAuthorOneAuthorover 3 years ago
Excellent writing!

This story was wonderful, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The way he met Nadie and how their relationship developed was very engaging. Of course, Pie Thief (the caribou / reindeer) was fantastic. And I truly loved how Pie Thief got them to the hospital so Nadie could safely give birth to their daughter. The tie-in with Santa and his reindeer was tremendous as well, and I thought the ending was perfectly fitting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
About your story

This is as near to perfect as one can get.

Thanks for writing.

rightbankrightbankover 3 years ago
schmaltz, romance, love, respect, fantasy,

and tears of joy

wonderful

youngbrainoldbodyyoungbrainoldbodyover 3 years ago

OMG! What a sleeper this one was! Sneaked up on you and "gotcha" at the end. Left me feeling warm and fuzzy, and wistful! Worth the time to read and the 5 starm ratinf, wishing there was a 6.

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Wonderful

A slight quirky style but such a wonderful story of a fairy tale romance. Loved it from the humorous start to the emotional end, gradually being drawn in and almost didn't see the end coming. Well deserves it's rating.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 3 years ago

My words seem inadequate, so I’ll steal yours. “Somehow magic could happen...” Thank you.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 3 years ago

Where's the way to give *more* than five stars...?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A wonderful surprise.

At 70, as of yesterday, I am pretty well burnt out on the classic seasonal movies. This gem of a story, handled respectfully, could easily provide some new entertainment in that genre. I would welcome it and doubt that I am alone in that sentiment. This could become an instant classic.

DevlinCarnateDevlinCarnateover 3 years ago
Another Tale Well Told

The idea of Father Christmas having off-season side gigs in whole food, pro-biotics peddling and ruminant husbandry had me giggling.

Whether or not Jed and Nadie would be even in the bed at the final scene or just gone was my one question. But in that Canadian sensibility, of not causing any disturbance, of course they had to be there, so there was no worry caused to the kids.

The fun bit in stories like this is that all the cards were on the table at the beginning. You had to read them from the dealer's position for them to make sense, though. Just like in teaching, you tell them what they're going to see, you show them and then then you tell them what they just saw. When the faces light up in the eureka moment, that's when it's done right.

Kerstman wasn't the only one with a twinkle in his eye during the reading, nor the writing if I'm guessing. Fun and a sweet tale. Thanks!

RiverMayaRiverMayaover 3 years ago
Comment

I would not mind finding this story under my Christmas tree.

vanmyers86vanmyers86over 3 years ago

A beautiful tale, told so very well. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A truly wonderfully written story...

You don't deserve a 4.9, you ought to get a perfect 5.

longhornfanlonghornfanover 3 years ago

A fantastic story! Truly loved the ending too. Hope you win the contest!

WvrjjrWvrjjrover 3 years ago
Wow 5*

I just read Pie Thief..... Wow. Still have tears. Very well written, your descriptions were very well done and you seemed as though you grew up on a sleigh (pulk, if you will). I’m impressed. Gave you 5*, Thank you for such a well crafted story, and for ALL the effort that went into your offering. Wayne

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Superb

One of the warmest love stories you could read at Christmas. Thank you.

burningloveburningloveover 3 years ago

Profound! Made me weep! To be read every year!

5 *****!

Burninglove

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Perfect story; perfect time of year.

Lots left to the imagination; tonnes of suspense; and no unnecessary erotic detail. Great story!

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 3 years ago

Excellent story, with the ending taking me by surprise. Great work.

ChrissrChrissrover 3 years ago

Reading this to become a yearly tradition !

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
loved this.

This is one of those stories that put a smile on your face. It scared me about the ride to the hospital, I was thinking something bad was going happen. The ending bought a smile and tears at the same time. Great writing.

rdcyclistrdcyclistover 3 years ago

I really have to do something about the dust in this room...

That was amazingly moving. I loved it.

JaceyTreyJaceyTreyover 3 years ago

What an amazing, wonderful twist! And to rdcyclist: I don't know where in the world you are, but your dust has spread here, to where I am...should really invest in some quality dusters.

10 stars, if I could.

Well done, chasten

Wark2002Wark2002over 3 years ago

I don't want to make more work for you but this really should be expanded into a novel. This is a great story that could become a classic book.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I have to agree

With a little judicious editing that's a killer Hallmark movie. I loved this story!

OmenainenOmenainenover 3 years ago

Took me a while to get around to reading winner entries, but now I’m glad I did. Wonderful story and in many places surprising. I was impressed by how you compressed a whole lifetime to just four lit pages. As a Finn I have to object to Santa Claus living in Canada, but I forgave you that blasphemy at “Tanssija”.

Well done and congratulations!

SweboSweboover 3 years ago

Lovely...with a surprise left hook. Or maybe hoof is more accurate. Great job.

apollo_XIapollo_XIover 3 years ago

First story of yours that I read.

... And it won't be the last. This story definitely deserved the honour of placing in the 2020 Winter contest. This story did not go in the direction I was thinking but you did a wonderful job of making Santa more human, if that is possible. Worth 6 stars!

G5902G5902over 3 years ago

This is an incredible story and I am so happy that it was highly appreciated! I look forward to reading it as a classic every Christmas week in the future!!! Thank You for sharing such a great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
More than 5 stars

is what this surprising, fun, sweet, loving story deserves. Thank you! BTW, I think you didn’t at all get Canadian phrasing but it’s alright. Besides, so much of it comes in the pronunciation and that just isn’t gonna happen here, eh?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thank you

Beautiful Christmas-story. Worthy of Christmas. You deserved the award.

ArediaArediaover 3 years ago

Thank-you for the beautiful story. Kudos!

Robyn1859Robyn1859over 3 years ago
Wonderful

you made me cry!

nycreadernycreaderover 3 years ago
Nice story, good editing, good research, & sweet enough for a certain character.

This (as others have pointed out) is both a well-made and a sweet story (probably sweet enough for Pie Thief).

I don't think I found a "Ville-Claire" in Ontario via Google, but I found the Ontario beer and what "TSC" might stand for (and I found at least 1 of the Native words as from Ojibwe (the people once known to Americans as "Chippewa") : ) ) -- and I already knew (from reading) of McMaster U. in Hamilton, Ontario and of the Canadian word "toque" -- so I figure some serious research was done -- and Thanks to the author for that : ) (I'm a New York City-area person, but I've done more reading (I think) about Canada (not so much about hockey, but about Canada) than the average American who has only visted Ontario and Québec a few times (mostly in summer).

I'm also quite impressed by the editing: no very-distracting errors in spelling or confusing changes of names for characters. : )

Thanks to the author for the story.

Ethan (not the fictional son of Jed and Nadie) in New York City/"nycreader" when speaking up in the Literotica universe.

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funover 3 years ago

Tear in eyes

You nailed it.

joeyjaxjoeyjaxover 3 years ago

Not sure I can add more to what's already been said, but you deserve all the praise you've received for this wonderful story. My only knock is that you didn't let it go longer so I didn't have to put down my kindle and now go do something resembling work. Fortunately, I'll have the afterglow memories of this story to keep me company. Every so often a story truly deserves more than 5 stars and this is such an occasion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Deserves A 6

Had my suspicions when he named his team "Thunder" and "Lighting".

PapaMikePapaMikeover 3 years ago

Dusty here this evening.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow...just wow

It isn't often that a romantic story will trip my triggers as thoroughly as this one did. Excellent writing, and I have to admit that I never saw the Santa plot twist coming...since I grew up in an area with some unusual characters, his quirks didn't even cause a blip on my radar.

Bravo!

RangeExpanderRangeExpanderover 3 years ago

Absolutely delightful, worth all the votes it got!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The Best

Of all the places I would find a story to bring tears to my eyes. I'm a big one about Christmas and this story took my breath away. Even getting towards the end of the story I still didn't have a clue. So well done, I think it should have been in first place, loved it. Thank You.

ukdukeukdukeabout 3 years ago

Lovely.

Tears in my eyes at the end.

Thank you.

Covert43Covert43about 3 years ago
Beautiful

Goddamn ninja’s chopping onions, beautiful story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
A true gem of story. Thank you.

In every way a pleasure to read and think about. You did well.

MaresEatOatsMaresEatOatsabout 3 years ago
Truly wonderful

Thanks for the gift of your writing.

regulus61regulus61about 3 years ago

Great ending. One of the best.

Vintage_DMVintage_DMabout 3 years ago

This story should lead the way in the Hall of Fame here ... not one of the best. It is the best I've read here. Thank you for all the wonderful pictures

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Ah, I remember my mom's schneken. I used to watch her rolling out the dough, placing the filling of brown sugar, cinnamon, and currants (?) on the dough, rolling the whole assembly into a tube, then cutting the individual rolls out of that. Endlessly fascinating to my young mind.

Great story. Thanks.

SoMike

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good one ..tears 😎

SmithyshineSmithyshinealmost 3 years ago

Dammit,You made me cry.

NitpicNitpicalmost 3 years ago
Very

Very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Nice story. I attended McMaster University in the 1970’s. The undergraduate on campus bar “The Downstairs John” holds many memories for me! “The John” sold more beer per week than any bar in Ontario at that time. It always had live dance bands and lots of single girls to dance with! There was also the “Ratskeller” bar (usually called “The Rat”) which had live easy listening entertainment. It was the 4 best years of my life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

How I missed this the first time around I'll never know..... just glad I found it through the best stories link. What a fabulous story.... getting book marked for sure. 5 stars, squared!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Fantastic, I’m going down the list reading all of your works. Thank you for your efforts and your generosity! You have given an old curmudgeon a lot of smiles as well as tears. You are very much appreciated. Jim

jmmj5jmmj5over 2 years ago

What a wonderful story.

Not sure how I missed this.

Probably the best Christmas Story on this site. Well Done!!

(keep 'em coming)

ScottishTexanScottishTexanover 2 years ago

Definitely 5 stars. Heartwarming and bittersweet too. The kind of life that I wish that I could have been granted, but it was never my luck to have. You done good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So, I finish reading todd172's latest for the fifth time and I glance at the message at the end and see his recommendation of you and others (who I now have to read all of) and look down your list and catch on Pie Thief. Now that the tears are mostly dried up I just have to say THANK YOU very much. Gal

e5jerseye5jerseyover 2 years ago

Just found this one, incredible story! Need a few tissues now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That was an outstanding story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story has just moved to the top of my personal favorites. There were words and terms I needed to search for to get the meanings which added to the story. There were the romantic twists that crept into the story and my heart that added to the life of the characters. Then came the tears of joy and sadness at the end. Truly one of the best of the best. Miigwech.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Damn, that was so good! Really loved it all. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I too am a Tod172 follower, just finished "Pie Thief", what a rush wow, kind of saw it coming , didn't want to believe it, finished it,now looking for a tissue. Gentili@charter.net

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thank you for sharing your stories.

I thoroughly enjoyed this wonderful, heartwarming tale.

5+++stars

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 years ago

That Sir, was a beautiful story! I don't know how you come up with them but I'm glad that you do and sharing them with us is special. Thank you! 5 BIG HUGE TWINKLY STARS! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You got me hook line and sinker. What have I been missing? Flawless story 5+

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What an absolutely wonderful story and tale.Stood me up and made me reread the sled ride three times.Fantastic!!

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 2 years ago
Did not see that coming…

Wow what a story. Chasten’s best for sure; as others have noted, five stars ain’t enough.

Ginger630Ginger630almost 2 years ago

Wow! At first I didn’t see the point in introducing Pie Thief. Then…boom! Amazing! Thank you for this magical story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story ranks up there as one of the best. Thank you for taking the time to craft this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A really sweet, touching story. Chasten has an amazing ear for dialog, his characters speak as real people. Wonderfully crafted tale!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userchasten@chasten
19 Mar ’24: Well, I published a story in a category I didn't expect to visit. Except that, every once in a while, I have this idea of trying to write something in each one Literotica has. However, I write very slowly. And since I've only done stories in nine out of thirty-two ...

SIMILAR Stories