All Comments on 'Playing Games with Peter Dinklage'

by sheablue

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

I thought you did a great job with capturing Peter Dinklage's tone. I heard his voice loud and clear in my ears as I read. Oh, and you referenced "Knights of Badassdom," so instant love for you.

legerdemerlegerdemerabout 8 years ago
Funny, frothy and sexy

A well-written romp, sexy and just a little bit sweet. A perfect truffle cream-filled bon bon for April Fool's. Great pacing and dialog, and great rendering of PD. Great job.

maddictmaddictabout 8 years ago
got yah

I hear it to. I don't know the movies but game of thrones wicked. Just a few more days s.6

AMoveableBeastAMoveableBeastabout 8 years ago

What a perfectly suited, oddly charming April Fool's story. Writing this story would have never occurred to me. Not just because I don't have any attraction to Peter Dinklage--though, I must admit, he is charming--but because it's such a very strange idea to me. And not how this category is typically used.

The celebrity category is all about wish fulfillment, and this story certainly has that (an unlikely, everygirl being noticed and wanted by a superstar) but it also turns the category on its head by having the celebrity be Peter fucking Dinklage!

There's something likable about that, about the idea of the imperfect celebrity (they're just like us!) being ignored by the common person based on appearance, and then tricking them into a date, and winning them over with personality!

A tricky story, for sure. And a fun one.

Totally agree about Woody Harrelson, by the way.

xelliebabexxelliebabexabout 8 years ago

I enjoyed this more than I thought I would, the celebrity category not being my thing. I thought the games were clever and funny. Witty dialogue kept this moving along at a nice pace. Thanks, Shea.

damppantiesdamppantiesabout 8 years ago
The story stayed with me

I actually read this story a few days ago and didn't leave a comment on it then, and wasn't really intending to. The celebrity category isn't really the place where I enjoy reading and I tend to open stories within this category with that bias firmly in place. Plus, while I've watched some movies in which Peter Dinklage was cast, I don't watch Game of Thrones and neither have I seen most of the movies you mentioned in the story.

So, it's kind of weird that I keep thinking about this story at odd times during the past few days. The strength of your writing is not in the category or the person you wrote about, but in the universality of the emotions and relationship issues that you presented. I mean, who hasn't felt inadequate or 'less than' in some way? The insecurities you presented were the meat of what I enjoyed, and that is why I think I keep coming back to thinking about this. For that, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Excellent Story!

Like many that have commented, I never read the celebrity stories, I happened to catch this one in the new section & have just re-read it again. You captured Peter's voice so well in this story. It's almost like taking to him. So sexy & so well done! Bravo!

GypsyPeachGypsyPeachover 6 years ago
Smoking hot!

I often skip to the more graphic passages when reading stories, but I read every word of this one! You totally captured everything I find sexy about Mr. Dinklage and I plan on making this story part of my regular ... Internal repertoire of fantasies. ;) Thank you!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous