Please, You Take Her

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Upon reaching the top I scanned the canopy and smiled as I saw a troop of Howler monkeys working over a tall fig in the distance, their calls rough and raucous against the silence, fading in and out as the breeze blew. Then a large flock of parrots flashed their bright colors calling loudly as if their bright plumage where not enough to draw attention.

Then I felt a vibration, someone was walking up the steps of the tower below me. When I looked down the person had stopped at the middle level and stood with binoculars scanning the trees. I wondered if the person would climb the rest of the way to stand with me at the top, but after a few minutes the person turned and starting walking down. I watched as the person disappeared down the path towards the lodge. I was alone again and now wished I weren't wondering who it had been--it was a woman based upon the stride.

Half an hour later it was time to return to my quarters to begin preparations for the next day. I knew the trail system now as well as I knew my own backyard and neighborhood as I grew up. It had tricky spots at the junctions that often fooled people the first time they set foot on them. The trail map was vague and some of the signage had gone missing lately, or was faded and in need of replacement.

I was passing the guest lodge and saw Bridget with two of the men she had been sitting with at dinner. One of them had continued on and entered his room while Bridget had followed the other man to another guest cabin. I guess it wasn't as tough on them when they weren't responsible for her safety and welfare. I would have to deal with her again the next day and that was more than soon enough.

Afterward I continued on to my room and gathered my notebook and backpack after taking half an hour to complete my notes for the day on my laptop. Keeping accurate species lists helped me to keep on top of where and when I saw each species. That was one reason I thought I was respected for my expertise.

It was about half an hour before dark when I left my room, large flashlight in hand after donning my backpack and binoculars. The binoculars wouldn't get much use as I was out to identify those species that became active at dusk--the species many other guides didn't spend a great deal of time on, but listers craved for their lists. Twenty minutes later the forest had grown dark on the main trail and the first tinamous had started to call in the distance, a Greater, then a short while later another species, the Variegated gave a series of calls not far away. Soon after an owl, then a nightjar called as it flew overhead in the gathering dusk. Darkness came quickly at this latitude and the jungle became a different place.

I hadn't turned on my flashlight, instead I allowed my eyes to adjust to the darkness. By standing still, with no breeze, the night air felt even more humid. The sound of bats as they began their feeding flights were detectable as they left their roosts in the trees. I stood alone in the dark as tiny flecks of light began to appear amid the trees and shrubs--the bioluminescent light show had begun as insects began moving about blinking on and off.

Bridget

I was sipping wine with Brian as I sat in his room. We had compared notes on what we had seen during the day. I knew Brian had been with Andy earlier in the day as he had from the start of the tour.

"Why did you switch to another group? I thought you liked Andy," he asked.

"I do, but I was told I was with Dick today because Andy's group was completely full. I hope I can be with Andy tomorrow."

Brian smiled, "You know Theo and I missed you. You have good eyes, not to mention a few other things."

"Thanks. This is my third tour here and I've become familiar with quite of few of the most common species. Andy is good, as is Carl. I've learned a lot from them."

"What about Dick? I've been told he's pretty good. I've not been in his group yet. Should I try to avoid him?"

I fidgeted uncomfortably wondering how I was going to respond.

"He's okay I guess. I've only been with him this one time and he seemed to have something against me. Maybe he was just having a bad day. He seems to know his birds as far as I can see. It's his people skills that needs improvement."

"Hmmm, I'll keep that in mind. Do you want another glass of wine?"

I was feeling a slight buzz and feeling pretty mellow already. "Sure, one more won't hurt. Then I've got to get going to bed."

"Okay, one more coming up. You could stay the night if you wanted."

I gave him a shy smile. He's attractive and I have condoms on me. Damn, we have a really early start in the morning and I'm already tired. He should have asked right after dinner.

"I don't think so. Maybe later this week." I watched as a smile spread across his face.

"No hurry. Just thought I'd ask. You're very pretty and we enjoy the same things. I'd like to add to the list of what we might enjoy on this tour."

She laughed, "You know that's a really crappy pickup line."

He leaned over and gave me a kiss on the cheek, "It's only crappy if it didn't work."

I smiled a wicked little smile, "I think it's good for part of a night."

Half an hour later I slipped beneath the covers in my own bed and watched the fan whirl above me, then I heard the tinamous call from outside, Greater, Lesser, and Variegated. That was one nice feature of these guest rooms, the screened in eaves allowed not only for air flow, but for natural sounds to sneak in too. I got up, turned off the light, and wondered why Dick was alone on top of the observation tower. Damn I wanted to see what was flying around. Why did he have to be there? The wine felt warm in my stomach as I drifted off to sleep.

The next morning I joined the group met for breakfast and was joined by Brian after a minute. I joined the other members in lively conversation until the group leaders stood and begin the morning orientation. I found myself included in Dick's group again and decided, with Brian's encouragement to see if I could switch to Andy's group.

"Andy, I want to be in your group again. I don't want to be with Dick."

"Sorry, Bridget I'm full up, maybe in another day or two. You could always go with Carl, he may have room, though when we went over the schedule it worked out as we presented this morning. You could always see if someone else would switch places with you."

"That would mean I would duplicate locations, I don't want to do that. I don't want to be a pain, but it doesn't seem fair. I read over the schedule and put down what I wanted."

Andy looked at me with a sympathetic expression, "Sorry, we made the best assignments we could."

You don't want to be a pain in the ass, but it seems to come naturally.

I stomped off to my room to get ready. As I was walking out I saw Brian talking it up with two of the other women in the group and it looked to me as if they were very friendly. Men! When I arrived at my room I picked up my sketch pad and pencils and walked outside to do some sketches before the group left in fifteen minutes. Before I realized it the fifteen minutes had passed and I had to snatch my backpack and binoculars and run to the trailhead on the other side of the complex. I arrived just in time to hear Dick's final words as I stood panting to catch my breath. I saw the expression on Dick's face. Another score Bridget, or was that a demerit?

"Okay folks. All of us are here now so let's get going. Remember, when I stop and use the laser pointer you need to stop and remain silent and move slowly. The first few people should get a good look and then slowly move to the rear of the line so others can move up. The birds don't always stay still long enough for everyone to get a good look, but this is the best way we have found for most people to get a look."

Dick

I started out with the group in tow after making sure Bridget got into line.

I doubt she realized I stretched out my remarks to wait for her. I don't need her bitching about missing the trip.

Bridget

Things were going well from my perspective as we were finding some really cool birds I hadn't seen before. Then I felt my bladder sending out a message I didn't have much time. I slowly fell behind the group until they were far enough ahead that I could step off the trail and into the thick vegetation. I pulled my shorts and panties down and felt a leaf brush lightly against my left cheek. Finished, I quickly returned to the group hoping I hadn't missed anything. No one seemed have missed me and I felt a sense of relief. A few minutes later the skin started to burn on my butt cheek. I wanted to touch it but there were too many people around. The next two hours were pure agony as the stinging, burning sensation seemed to spread and grow in intensity.

When we got within sight of the lodge, the group started to break up. I had remained the last in line as I was walking gingerly. Dick waited as the others filed past and looked at me. It was then he saw the pained expression on my face and how I walked with a weird gait.

"Why didn't you tell me your foot was hurting? I have wraps you could put on the blister. It happens on these longer trips," he offered.

I couldn't hear his thoughts. Not often, but it does happen.

"It's not my foot," I replied irritably.

"Well, if it's not your foot, arms, or legs where is it?"

I felt my face go beet red. Even her tanned face couldn't conceal the color change. "I had to step off the trail," as I looked down at my feet while my body twitched.

He glared at me, "Where exactly?"

"I had to pee."

"Did you clear off a space with your foot so no plant touched you?"

I don't believe this. I know she didn't.

"I tried." I replied meekly knowing I had to go so badly I didn't have time to do a good job.

"Come on, let's get you to the medical office. How badly does it itch?"

"It doesn't itch as much as it burns."

"How long ago did this happen?"

"Over two hours ago I guess."

I saw the expression on his face grow annoyed and I think concerned. He didn't say anything more to me as he pulled his phone out, found the number, and touched the screen.

"I need a four-wheeler to the trailhead for a medical emergency. We have a bad case of dermatitis."

The voice on the phone asked how extensive and where. He looked at me as he answered, "On her ass. Just get here as it's difficult for her to walk."

Dick

I put the phone into my pocket and looked at her. "I would normally look at it to confirm what I think caused it. In this case, I'm not going to as the nurse will be able to tell how bad it is any way. I suspect it's a plant from the genus Urtica because it stings and burns like hell. Did it start within a few minutes after you...ugh...peed?"

"Yes. I'm sorry."

"If you had arrived on time you would have heard my instructions regarding going off the path. This is probably going to lay you up for at least a day, maybe two. It depends on how sensitive you are to the toxin and how much area is affected." Stupid ass woman. How in the world am I going to explain this?

Chapter 3 What Could Possibly Happen Now

Dick

After the four-wheeler arrived I had Bridget go onto the rear bench seat where she would be most comfortable. It took only a few minutes before we arrived at the small dispensary where the nurse was waiting. She took Bridget into the examination room while I pulled out the accident report form and starting filling it out.

I wasn't happy in the least. By covering for her late arrival I hadn't ensured she had received all of the safety information that could have prevented the episode. That way, it would have been entirely her fault absolving the tour company of blame. I filled out the form in full revealing she hadn't received all of the information. There was no use in blaming her for my mistake even though I could be fired as a consequence. Life can be a bitch, but then I already knew that.

I waited until Bridget came out looking...well...I don't know...pained. She met my gaze and then quickly turned her eyes away as I looked at the nurse, "Well, what's the verdict?"

"No major physical exertion for at least a full day. Two if the swelling doesn't go down. If it blisters and gets infected it will be more than that. So, she should stay put as much as possible."

"Urtica?"

"Looks like it, though it could be a few other things. The topical medication I gave her should take care of most of the itching and burning sensation. Keeping the area clean so it doesn't get infected is very important. She's been told what she needs to do."

Yeah, a lot of good that will do.

I nodded my head in confirmation and thanked Carlita. Bridget was like a walking disaster zone. It was about half an hour before lunch and it seemed as if she were still my responsibility.

How in the hell had she survived two previous tours? The instructions were pretty much the same for all of them--if you don't know what it is, don't touch it, and stay on the trail. If you don't know, ask your guide.

Still, when I looked at her I couldn't help but feel some pity for her. I'd inadvertently gotten into nettles myself, though my reaction lasted but a few minutes and faded away. I had hoped as much for her but after learning she felt the burning sensation after more than an hour knew it wasn't a good sign.

"Do you feel good enough to walk to your room, or shall I carry you on my back?" I offered trying to interject some humor into the situation.

She looked at me, "You're pathetic if that's the best you can do to humor me."

I felt properly chastised, "Sorry, I admit it was pretty lame. Do you want me to take you to your room in the four-wheeler and then to lunch?"

Damn, Dick. Why did you do that? You should have offered to take her to the lodge dining room and let her wait so you can escape as soon as the others arrive.

"Take me back to my room first. I should change clothes and wash the insect repellent off before I eat."

She gingerly got into the front seat as I walked around to get behind the wheel. It was a short, silent ride and I was unsure of what to offer as she got out. Should I wait outside, or come back to get her? She got out slowly, easing herself off the seat where she had been leaning to one side. She looked at me after getting out, her blue eyes framed by her dirty blonde hair now that she had removed the hair band forming her ponytail.

Damn, she looked cute as hell that way.

"Could you wait for me?" she asked cautiously.

"I could be back in about twenty minutes." I offered.

"I shouldn't be but about ten minutes. It doesn't make much sense for you to leave and then come right back. I'm sorry for making such a mess of things. You can wait on the sofa inside out of the sun."

Damn, was that an apology? Almost sounded like one. I thought to himself.

I felt badly as I was sure the ointment hadn't taken all of the irritation away and remembered the one time I had somehow gotten poison ivy on my hands and later taken a pee not knowing it. Having a red itchy penis for the better part of a week wasn't a whole lot of fun. My girlfriend at the time wasn't particularly pleased either. I had learned a very important lesson and now I guess Bridget had too. I laughed to myself--my girlfriend was so horny after a week she almost attacked me when I walked into her apartment after knowing I was clear.

"Fine, I guess it makes sense," as she opened the door to her room.

I sat down on the sofa after moving a large pad of paper and notebook out of the way as she disappeared into the bedroom. These rooms were twice the size of my quarters and well furnished. Not that I was complaining, my quarters met my needs just fine. I settled back and glanced at the notebook that lay open. I turned it text right side up and saw it was her species list from the day before. It was then I noticed some of her letters were backward, some names misspelled. She had nice penmanship as she wrote in blocky upper and lower case letters. I had to admit it was better than my own penmanship in the same style.

My eyes wandered to the large pad of paper, noticing it was a sketch pad with heavier stock paper. I opened the cardboard cover and saw a beautiful pencil sketch of the guest bungalow she was staying in. It was perfectly rendered with enough detail to see she had a good eye in terms of picking out the major elements, the composition was good, and the perspective spot on. I was impressed, in fact, flabbergasted, this girl had talent. I closed the cover as I heard the door of the bedroom open and she walked out walking with a slight hitch in her stride.

"I'm ready."

"How does it feel?"

"It hurts. Like someone is holding a burning hot pad against one cheek, kind of like when your skin gets scraped taking off the topmost layer," she replied with a wince.

She locked the door of her room as I waited in the four-wheeler. Three minutes later we arrived at the main lodge and walked in slowly. Most of the people on the tour were already present, plates filled with food, talking among themselves. No one seemed aware of what had happened and Bridget got into line at the buffet with a few others while I walked to where Andy and Carl were standing.

"What the hell happened? We heard the call on our phones."

I had forgotten the intercom function sent the call to their phones too.

"Bridget got a rash that needed to be treated."

"A rash? That shouldn't have been enough to call for a pickup," Carl suggested.

"Yeah, a rash on the leg shouldn't have been that bad. Didn't you have some spray in your backpack?"

I smiled, "Yes. I had the spray with me, only I didn't know she had the rash until an hour later when we got back to the trailhead. Then when I found out where it was I couldn't treat it anyway."

They gave me quizzical looks.

"Why couldn't you treat it?" Andy asked with a wicked smile.

"Noooo, you have got to be kidding. She didn't?" Carl whispered.

"She stepped off the path," I offered.

"You have got to be shitting me. She got a rash on her ass," Andy said softly, his smile wider than before.

I simply nodded.

"How bad?" Carl grinned.

"No physical activity that would aggravate the affected area. So, no walking for a day, maybe two according to Carlita."

"Look, she's standing at the counter eating. She can't even sit down," Carl said looking in her direction.

I turned my head to look.

Damn. It must really hurt even with the medication. Maybe I should take her back to get an injection.

The schedule for the next day didn't include any river trips, only a van ride and hiking. There didn't seem to be anything she would be comfortable doing after the three of us discussed options. She was going to have to sit out at least the next day. I was relieved in a way as I wouldn't have to deal with her.

I watched as Brian got up and walked over to talk with her. Maybe he could take her mind off her...aaahh....problem for a while. It wasn't hard to see Brian was on the prowl as he had been talking up a few of the other unmarried women too. That at least, was not my problem.

I walked over to the buffet, filled a plate, poured a large glass of pineapple juice, and walked to a table to sit down. I had to give the post trip review in an hour and wondered if Bridget would attend or not. I expected she wouldn't want to under the circumstances.

Too bad, but it's her own damned fault. Why would she think the instructions would change from one year to another? I wondered if she had a UTI?

Bridget

I watched as Dick walked over to the buffet after talking with Andy and Carl. They glanced towards me once or twice and I wondered if Andy was asking if the schedule would allow me to join his group again. Now, I wondered if I really wanted to, not that I thought Dick was nicer. I could tell he was irritated with me and Andy hadn't ever been. The truth was, he really was skilled in finding more birds, mammals, and reptiles than the other guides. It seemed to me I could be treated nicely, or I could have what I came for with not so nice. I wanted birds for my list and it was less than two weeks, I could handle him for that long.