All Comments on 'PLUS ONE'

by NYBoss

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
Baldy74Baldy74almost 2 years ago

Was OK, but Sam kind of comes across as very flashy. Nice story though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Look, this is just about a perfect romance. Two people, very clear it what they are looking for in a spouse, see it, investigate it, and act.

No irritating mistakes, in fact hardly any at all.

NYBoss is to be highly commended!

Thanks, Mate

The Hoary Cleric

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A wonderful fantasy. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Lovely story; thank you.

One tiny detail - "love at first sight..."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It was very sweet story - a bit _too_ sweet, IMO - but de gustibus non disputandum est....

MysticMysteryMysticMysteryalmost 2 years ago

Loved your story, thank you. 5 stars

postoak2020postoak2020almost 2 years ago

Loved the story. Thank you

And its love at first sight not site. :)

chick2206chick2206almost 2 years ago

a bit too cheesy and corny for me 3 stars sorry

afosi2604afosi2604almost 2 years ago

Enjoyable read. 5*.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapteralmost 2 years ago

Nit picking. “Love at first ‘site’? Maybe “love at first sight?” Maybe I don’t understand American grammar… It is like the constant issue with “your” and “you’re”, or the remarkable propensity to use the word “drug” to describe moving something. “I drug my ass out of bed” (dragged as in hauled, pulled, heaved etc) In my vocabulary a drug is a pharmaceutical or chemical,( morphine) Am I missing something?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

So, I like cheesy. Nicely done, and the rich guy getting the girl always works for me. You’re right about the errors - there were a few too many, which broke the flow of the story a little. An editor would be best as you say, but good use of Word/Google Docs and Grammarly would help enormously. It’s one areola two areolae or often now two areolas, but not areola’s - they don’t own anything so don’t need a possessive apostrophe. The thing you lie on is a chaise longue, not a chaise lounge, even in US English (see Webster).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You seem to have a rather extreme fetish on brands, product names, business titles, etc. We don't need to know every little detail about all the brands they wear, or the name of the restaurants they go to. Also, maybe spend a bit more time editing? "Is there such a thing as love at first site?" (cut and pasted more than once) should be first sight. He's not a website, after all. Whittle the dialogue down a bit, make it flow more like an actual conversation instead of random plot elements you're trying to cram in, and you'd have the makings of a real story here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You forgot to use " to mark beginning or end of dialogue, and the explanations surrounding them on a few occasions. Also, stuff already mentioned below. We all caught it in one pass, you should be able to as well.

LudvigBlomSELudvigBlomSEalmost 2 years ago

Once again people are nit picking about gramatics etc. Please let the flow of the story make the corrections in your mind while you read it. If I read a story I want to understand it and involve me so I hardly notice the thing you all fuzz about, Btw my wife for 46 years and me had

3,5 weeks together before we wore married ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You are correct. You do need an editor/proofreader in the worst way. You might want to start with the program called Grammarly. Good luck.

rbloch66rbloch66over 1 year ago

A nice fairy tale. Much too rushed to be getting married that soon. There was not much character evolution. Just sex. Your characters didn’t really evoke any kind of emotion, other than superficial infatuation and sex.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

To much money. Too much emphasis on material things. And the 1st at Harvard Law? The story would have been better had they just been average people.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNYBoss@NYBoss
I enjoy writing for you. I take my time, trying to develop the story so you will enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy writing them. I appreciate your feedback and suggestions for future stories. I will try to write more stories and post with greater frequency, but n...