All Comments on 'Poison Ivy Ch. 03'

by ReckingBall

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
FromTxFromTxover 5 years ago
Love it!

Glad you are updating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
MORE PLEASE

I can’t wait for the next chapter! This is amazing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Love it!

I am really loving your story! I cannot wait for the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Another wonderful chapter

Your imagery is perfect. Love Ivy she is never going to quit. Looking forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Gees this is soooooooo good!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Loving it!!!

I hope Ivy and Hunter develop a deeper and more intimate connection on the following chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Thanks for updating and I can’t wait for more!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
addicted

I check every day for a new chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
OMG OMG OMG

SO EXCITED THIS WAS POSTED SO QUICKLY!!! I was expecting to wait another week for the next chapter. I love how great you are at constructing a world for the characters with all of these social constructs. Very sexy and very cool! Haven't even read this chapter yet, but needed to comment.

x.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I LOVED IT

Thank you for uploading another chapter so quick! Okay here are a few things I noticed. While I loved Ivy's strength and character, it's kinda stupid for her to be caught by the enemy for two straight times lol. Dont get me wrong because I really liked her and this story but it kind of feel repetitive? (Sorry ✌🏻) As for Hunter, I am actually starting to root for him? I mean at least he's very protective and patient with Ivy? I would LOVE it if you include his POV in the next chapters!

As usual 5 Stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Amazing

This is currently my favorite story on here. more please!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Love love love

Great writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Nope

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Awesome as always!

Loved it! So happy the chapters come out so fast! I loved this story so much I went and read all the other stories and they were great also!

LadyPartsLadyPartsover 5 years ago
Fantastic!

I prefer when she calls him Lt Gen Jerk Face! Love her spunk!

She doesn’t strike me as naive enough to have completely missed the phony kindness and camaraderie she had with Kentucky. Will his about face be something that will haunt her and influence her trust in herself?

Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well..

I mean, even if the betas were desperate, it doesn’t seem like her to have “a part of her died”... that guy was a jerk!

DaniellaxmjtsDaniellaxmjtsover 5 years ago
Good job!

I like the dynamics of the story, pls keep going. From the comments you are getting, Many are involved in your series, so glad you decided to write it. Good plot and elements.

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 5 years ago
Can't get enough!

Even after a betrayal, it's hard to let go of years of memories and feelings. I'm not sad Kentucky is dead, but I can see why Ivy is. She probably would have been a part of the Beta attack if she hadn't been outed as an omega.

Hopefully, her insights to all sides of the power dynamic will lead to a resolution. If only there were a way to overcome that damned purr and reclaim some of her power and independence!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Rip off

This entire fic reads as a very poor rip off of born to be bred by Addison Cain which I think you read. When I first started writing fics I admit I pulled from my favorites a little too heavily which sort of came back to bite me. I’ll tell you what someone told me all those years ago: perhaps try to take the story in a more original direction otherwise this reads as a very poor ripoff

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
??? @anon

I've read Born to be Bred too, and I don't see how this story is a rip off? They're both Omega verse stories and there's military elements in both, but that's it. as By your logic, Addison Cain, the author of Born to be Bred continues to rewrite the same story over and over. I'm not saying that to be snarky, I'm just pointing out Omegaverse stories have certain hallmarks that makes them Omegaverse.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Exactly. The characters share the same eye color, common Omniverse traits, and there's a military component. However, the writing styles and plot are completely different and I find Recking Ball's male protagonist more likeable and less manipulative than Addison's Cain's. Can't wait to read the next chapter to this story AND The Seeker! First time on Lit I check in for updates and commented on a story.

LadyPartsLadyPartsover 5 years ago
I’ve read Addison Cain and this isn’t a rip off.

TL/DR: you’re wrong anon ripoff.

M/f Omega verse stories are going to have similarities, especially if they’re on the nonconsent end of the spectrum. I think the two stories have some things in common, because a Noncon Omega Verse has to have certain plot elements, but a rip off? No, not at all.

BTBB had Sheppard as the leader of a revolt in a society that was corrupt all the way through, top to bottom. In Poison Ivy, Lt Gen Jerkface is neither the leader nor part of a revolt and previous to this chapter he had complete faith in the military/governmental hierarchy.

BTBB has Claire as an avowed unbound Omega who sacrifices herself in order to save other Omegas. In Poison Ivy, Ivy begins as a Beta Medic who has no idea she is an Omega and her personal relationship with her team and fellow soldiers is what drives her to reject the trappings of a typical Omega. Ivy has more in common with...can’t remember the name...the Omega from Stolen, Cain’s spin off Omega-verse, characterwise because they both reject the notion of being an Omega. But the situation in Stolen is not at all similar to the situation in Poison Ivy. Ivy, at least, has general knowledge of Omegas, not so with the female from Stolen. Argh...what is her damn name!

And while I’m posting...Reckingball...get to work on chapter 4!!!!!

ReckingBallReckingBallover 5 years agoAuthor
Throttle back there, turbo

Fuck. Okay. First off, I have never, ever plagiarized anything, not even homework assignments in high school. Every piece of literature ever written has its basis in something else, because you can't write about what you don't know. This story relies heavily on the Alpha/Omega universe, so it's bound to have similarities to Addison Cain. I read Born to be Bred a while ago and it's an amazing story, and I fully admit that this story will never come close to the quality and talent of hers. I love Addison Cain. I didn't think about the eye colors being the same. My other female character has green eyes, and I took the silver eyes from another of my favorite characters from a different book by a different author. (Go read something by Sarah J. Maas, she's amazing.)

Ivy is entirely my creation, and you don't have to like her, but she's not based on anything or anyone else. I pulled her together from what I know of military culture from my six years in the navy and what I know about medical culture from my current profession. Hunter's character is still developing, for me even, but he's definitely nothing like Shepherd. Or he's not supposed to be. If you see similarities, that may be because they're both Alphas, but I see them as completely different.

I appreciate ALL feedback, truly. But I feel like I really have to defend myself on this one, because I have all the respect in the world for Addison Cain and her writing and would never intentionally try to "rip off" her work. It did make me take a hard look at the similarities and decide if I had been copying anything, but beside the Alpha-Omega dynamics, I don't think I have. Also, I've never read the other book mentioned, Stolen, but plan to do so as soon as I can.

With that being said, I'm going to continue with this story because I'm sort of in love with it. Chapter 4 is almost done. Thank you to those who came to my defense, it felt like I got punched in the gut when I read that comment and reading the ones below it made me decide to not give up on writing forever. I'm still stunned that people enjoy what I write and it always makes me giddy to get positive feedback.

kdlucaskdlucasover 5 years ago
Same World, Different Book

I've read everything that Addison Cain has written including Stolen (and the character's name is Brenya). This story is different. I love that Ivy doesn't know that she's Omega. It makes for a lot of discord between her and Hunter. Looking forward to chapter 4 and beyond.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Loving this

I'm really enjoying the story .

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Not a rip off

I have been a huge fan of Addison Cain since she was ItzyStrange, and I have read all of her omegaverse styled works, including BTBB, Alpha’s Control, and The Golden Line. ItzyStrange introduced me to these types of stories, and no one does them quite like she does, so I am partial to her when it comes to A/O dynamics.

There are bound to be some similarities when people write high fantasy. GRRM has very strong Tolkien influences, for example. There will be similarities with broad genres, like romance novels, mystery, spy, etc, and this is even MORE noticeable when you get into highly specific subgenres.

With this being said, I actually did notice the whole dark hair, green eyes similarity to Claire, and the silver eyes of Shepherd, but I quickly realized that the similarities end there. The characters are nothing alike. At all.

TL;DR – there are always similarities with a highly specific subgenre such as this. There are not enough to suggest plagiarism, and the story is well done so don’t stop writing it!

Ellienora35Ellienora35over 5 years ago
Addison Cain

I have read everything published by Addison Cain. Her story started as fan fiction and moved into becoming Born to Be Bred. This story is better than hers started out, but they are both phenomenal. This is absolutely not plagiarism any more than Orson Scott Card against Isaac Asimov. They are both SCI-FI, and some of the worlds seem similar, but omegaverse fiction has qualities that all omega verse fiction has just like shift changer fiction all has the same qualities. Write on, ReckingBall.

Also, I have been watching everyday for Seeker. You said you were planning to post it the 21st. It is now the 30th, so more than 7 days. Are you still going to post it? Pretty please with cream, sugar, a cherry on top? And even some cum topping if you need it?

Bfoxy435Bfoxy435over 5 years ago
Love it

I too have read Addison Cain and didnt think your story was a rip off. Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one. Keep writing bitch Im too involved for u to stop now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Yep!

I have not only read all of Addison Cains books but countless others in the "Omegaverse World". Some that predate the BTBB series. I think some here might think that A.C. created the genre but she didn't. Nor did she plagiarize anyone else's work. That's like saying all Dominant Alpha Werewolf stories are the same or Aliens, Vampires, Mafioso, MC's, etc..

Frankly I am enjoying this story even more than BTBB given Hunter showed way more patience and understanding towards his far more rebellious Omega without losing any of that yummy growling Dominance the Omegaverse is known for. It took almost 2 books of BTBB for Shepard to show any true consideration for Clair. I'm really enjoying the great storyline in Poisen Ivy and find it easy to loose myself in it. Another thing is that we're only 3 chapters in. I for one am so looking forward to reading more. Awesome start!

EvylempryssEvylempryssover 5 years ago
Epic

Fucking love it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Mucho Gracias

This is the first time I have ever considered writing a comment and probs wont do so again but HAWT DAMN! I have never read about omegaverse, never even heard of it before now but shit. Im reading this like I would an actual book not just something to ring the devils doorbell and be on my way. I like this and I like you.

kiwiplumkiwiplumalmost 3 years ago

I guess the point is that the male we hate, the woman is great. It'll be interesting to see how you can (hopefully) work it so that she can ditch him at some point, asshole

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I actually really liked Kentucky's character and was hoping (although I knew it wouldn't really be possible) that they had a story together. He just seemed chill and down to earth and didn't flash his dominance like the Alpha but he still seemed dominant anyway. Maybe you could do a story with this type of character.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userReckingBall@ReckingBall
799 Followers
"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of the light on broken glass." -Anton Chekhov

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES