All Comments on 'Poisoning the Well'

by ragnarok1

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
HighpikeHighpikealmost 2 years ago

Looking forward to the expanded version

wolftrapwolftrapalmost 2 years ago

Great short story/letter. The format you used for this was perfect. Loved it! Looking forward to your possible expanded take on this.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 2 years ago

Makes you wonder how long the second husband will last!

5

GamblnluckGamblnluckalmost 2 years ago

Like the tongue in cheek attitude while trying to appear sincere. "I got the best years. Hope you enjoy what you wanted so badly." I'd like to see this turned into a full story. 4 stars

Tiger27Tiger27almost 2 years ago

I saw a whole lot of "good riddance" in the story. Great story, can't wait to read the long version.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartalmost 2 years ago

4, not bad. Maybe raise or lower it depending on the related story. Not sure I'd call this revenge though, fairly snarky yes but not really revenge. Look forward to reading the other part.

KoxokKoxokalmost 2 years ago

So Ron’s type is old and unfaithful? To each his own I guess!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 1 year ago

Sounds like back-handed sour grapes.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 1 year ago

below your standard. 2*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Had to look up the "wheelbarrow" position so I did learn something new but overall it was just an average story.

1948Boomer84911948Boomer8491over 1 year ago

Fives stars in anticipation of revision!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Well

I'm not sure if some the readers got the story. I thought it was hilarious. The letter writer is letting the scumbag who stole his wife know of the prize he fought so hard to get. In car terms, scumbag got a used Jaguar that is 26 years old and not well maintained. The original owner got it off the showroom floor and road it hard.

The scumbag may have won the bid for a Jaguar, but what he got was a high maintenance clunker.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I wouldn't bother wasting my time writing some wimpy ass letter to the f*** head that stole my wife from me. I would just make it my life's work that neither one of them enjoyed their relationship for the next 20 years. The neighborhood that I grew up in in Chicago in the 60s 70s and early 80s was a real s*** hole, and when a divorce went through I still had quite a few friends in low places, ever just a few dollars spurred around favors will be taken care of and no questions asked. For the a****** I would make sure his balls and cock never worked again and that he would require assistance to walk preferably a wheelchair. And as for my ex s*** wife, two lady friends that I know from one of the Dodgers I go to have no compunction about earning money out of the street so I would make sure that my soon to be ex was disfigured sothat she would never attract another man ever again. In case you couldn't tell by my comments, I'm a very vindictive prick, and when someone f**** me over, I take great pleasure and f****** them over right back.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

To anonymous "I wouldn't bother . . ." You said, "In case you couldn't tell by my comments, I'm a very vindictive prick . . .". No, from your comments, we can tell that you're a wimpy wanna-be tough guy, an Incel probably living in mom's basement who certainly hasn't been on a date in years, if ever. But it is fun laughing at the facade of your bluster.

.

You did get the "prick" part right, though, so points for that.

mariverzmariverz9 months ago

hubiera sido genial para la historia el que le dijera lo mismo que en la carta... después de romperle las piernas.

;D

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous